94/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Question] Moved ADTs don't show in Noggit

So I basicly took GM island ADTs, renamed to appear near darnassus and deleted all the objects from real GM island.

The coords for objects are wrong but I can't change them because I would need to load the changed ADTs in noggit after using cryect's tools. The problem is that noggit doesn't load my ADTs. It only shows a hole in the sea.

Why?

[Question] Moved ADTs don't show in Noggit
    ~sInX's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, Xel, every object in that ADT has corresponding Coords. Basically, it's like taking an ADT for 36_41, with every WMO and .MDX having Coords for 21_15. Noggit simply can't and doesn't load it, there are too many contradictions in the swap. What's more, the ADT that you're working with has assigned terrain. All the terrain in that ADT is coded (playing with noggit edits that code every time you hit K for save). What you've done is taken two ADTs, told them that they're in a completely differant place whilst disregarding their terrain code and their model data. I tried this with a world build i'm currently working on (a HUGE island, 7 adts in total, i cba raising anotehr 1000x1000 land and texturing it all so i tried to copy the ADTs, only to find that the terrain itself was in a completely differant place (the coords of the terrain of the ones i coppied) therefore, there was a hole in the sea :P) To narrow it down, the terrain is coded for the coords located in one adt. When you swap ADT names, it basically tells NoggIt that in one ADT there is terrain of a certain shape, whilst in another ADT there is terrain of the exact same shape, located in the exact same spot as the previous. Therefore, rather than having your terrain and models 'move', they stay in the same place, like an extra 'layer', and you're given a hole in the sea 'coz there's simply no terrain there anymore
    Life's a bitch Xel.
    Good luck

Edit: After having a good friend of mine tell me what a nice .exe was used for, i can tell you that you need to use offsetfix.exe for that problem (Found in cryects tools)
    Courtesy of Squabert
    Last edited by ~sInX; 09-06-2009 at 02:25 PM.

Squabert's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i, schp's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    7/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did you do that? Can you tell us?
    _
    09-06-2009... my God
    Last edited by i, schp; 08-02-2019 at 01:49 AM.