0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure where to start.

I've seen some model edits, and it looks pretty rad. I don't want to come along and ask for model edits from people that know what to do, especially if they aren't interested. I'd like to learn how to edit models myself.

I downloaded a couple model editing programs, problem being I haven't the slightest inkling on how to do any of this. I looked at a couple guides and still not sure where to start. Don't know most of the file extensions or what they mean (e.g. .m2, mpq, etc. ). Does anybody have any suggestions on where to start off or where the best guide for complete noobs such as myself might be?

In case you are interested what I want to start off with is something as simple as changing the warlock's voidwalker pet's color (was thinking maybe like the dalaran book pet or a sort of blue/green color)

The programs I picked up are Glitchy's Model Editing Suite and My Warcraft Studio.

Not sure where to start.
    Xel's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    94/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read -Lex's tutorial on reskinning.

GoofyXVI's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just Glitchys and MWS wont do. I haven't got alot of experience with Glitchys yet, but what i know, it doesn't got any 3d model edit tools at all. It's more like a tool between to help. To reskin, its quite simple. You just need blp converter. Extract a blp file from any MPQ in Data folder, drag it to the BLP converter, it turns into PNG (That you can edit with PS/Paint and such) Edit and drag it back into the converter to make it to BLP again. Then make new MPQ with MWS "Add File" press the "...", choose the BLP file that you edited before, and type the treepath. (You can copy it, that option is close to "Extract" option of a right click on the blp) For instance, if you've taken Bear.blp you should change the text after choosing the file into the new MPQ to something like "Creature\Bear.BLP". Something like that. Short and confusing guide? Just ask for more help by telling me on my user ^^