[Help] About custom weapons (+2 REP to the guy who succeeds at helping me [Not hard]) menu

User Tag List

[]D [] []\/[] []D's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Help] About custom weapons (+2 REP to the guy who succeeds at helping me [Not hard])

Hello thar, you who clicked this thread.

So I've been searching around for this cool custom sword and i finally found it, but now that I downloaded it, i don't know what the heck to do with it.

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/9549/lolnn5.jpg

What i thought was that i'd put the .MPQ into my /Data, but that obviously didn't work out. That is probably because the .MPQ doesnt know that it should change my Titansteel Destroyer into the weapon i want it to be (Am i on right tracks? .

Well then i started searching around the forum, but only found guides for creating custom weapons / models. I searched even through 'em to see if there's any help for me, but no. So i decided to create a thread about my problem, and it's your job to help me out.

So... +2 rep inc to the guy with a kind heart.

[Help] About custom weapons (+2 REP to the guy who succeeds at helping me [Not hard])
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am hereby crying out loud, 8 views but no help? Sad panda.

Yamachi's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is MMOwned, so those 8 views are most likely from people who have no clue what they're doing, hence the reason you haven't had a reply yet. Also, you haven't explained exactly what you're doing. Make sure you're renaming the model correctly (I don't know the m2 name for Titansteel Destroyer of hand), and that you're starting WoW with Cypher's MEFix. Also, check to see that you've kept the filestructure inside the MPQ (ie. Item\ObjectComponents\Weapon\blahblah.m2).
    Last edited by Yamachi; 01-20-2009 at 08:50 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So i downloaded the folder with files named: Patch-1.MPQ and other folder named "Files".
    Inside the Files folder, there are: "Model.blp" and "sword_2h_claymore_a_01.m2".
    The MEF i'm using is Kynox's, so i'll probably download Cypher's version then.
    I opened the .MPQ with mywarcraftstudio and it looked like this:

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/3275/robiq7qw3.jpg

What i'm trying to do is change my ****ugly mace into this hugeass sword.
    As for the renaming the model correctly, that sounds something what'll solve the problem.
    But once again, i'm clueless. ^^,

Your answer was what i was looking for, Yama. But if you could just help me out finishing this.
    Really don't wanna go through all that reading just to get 1 model work for me (As in those guides).

Thank you, Yama.

12345's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try to rename patch-1.mpq to patch-3.MPQ .MPQ must be in caps for model to work and also patch-1.MPQ name should be already taken by original data file.

Yamachi's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get the latest WMV from WoW Model Viewer, open it up, go to Item\ObjectComponents\Weapon\ in the tree list, and find your mace model. Then rename the m2 you downloaded to the name of the mace model (will be "mace_1h_blahblahsomething.m2" or "mace_2h_blahblahsomething.m2"). Then, add it to a new MPQ, making sure to keep the filestructure, and add the Model.blp to the root of the MPQ (not inside any folders). Put the MPQ in your \Data\ folder, put Cypher's MEFix in the same folder as WoW.exe, and run the MEFix.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by »Yama« View Post
    Get the latest WMV from WoW Model Viewer, open it up, go to Item\ObjectComponents\Weapon\ in the tree list, and find your mace model. Then rename the m2 you downloaded to the name of the mace model (will be "mace_1h_blahblahsomething.m2" or "mace_2h_blahblahsomething.m2"). Then, add it to a new MPQ, making sure to keep the filestructure, and add the Model.blp to the root of the MPQ (not inside any folders). Put the MPQ in your \Data\ folder, put Cypher's MEFix in the same folder as WoW.exe, and run the MEFix.

That's it, you've been great help. Thank you.