Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Help] Problem with .m2 model edits (Pathing?)

I've been looking around for a bit, but I can't seem to find anyone with a similar problem or solution to this. Forgive me if there is a solution somewhere in the depths of [x], but I've yet to find it

I have this problem where, when I edit the .m2 files for the trees in Tirisfal Glades (swapping them with trees from other parts of Lordaeron, i.e. Hillsbrad Foothills), I'll get this nasty bug where I am unable to move, cast, interact, etc. NPCs stutter around as well.

It's difficult to explain, so I uploaded a video and my patch-U.MPQ file I'm using with WoWME F.

My patch-U.MPQ is structurally stable, I even went and restructured it thinking it was a structural error, but at this point I'm thinking it isn't that. Textures in the patch file apply fine, it's just the models that are causing these problems.

I've just got back into model editing for Wrath, and this is when these problems arose. I used a very similar structure with Burning Crusade, and never had any of these errors. These are all new to me. Frankly I'm lost, since I'm not too experienced with this and am pretty new in general

I would greatly appreciate any assistance anyone could offer in the matter, and I'll try my way to return the favor in some form

Below is a video of what I'm experiencing and the patch-U.MPQ file I'm using. I am also using two other patch files that do nothing but edit textures, and I'm having no problems with those. I've tried running them apart from eachother, but only to come to the same problem

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd0jvNHSCkg&fmt=6"]YouTube - TEdit[/ame]

http://www.wc3movie.com/editstuffs/patch-U.MPQ

[Help] Problem with .m2 model edits (Pathing?)
    schlumpf's Avatar Retired Noggit Developer

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, you are using an edit that is by far outdated. The edits are based on a version before 3.* (To be exact 4****.) Therefore WoW interprets the files as bullshit. (Such as nearly infinite or ****ed up bounding boxes.) You see that since a lot of M2s vanished (the trees..).

You shouldn't use old edits. You have to update it or ask the one who uploaded the edit to redo it.

The edit is split up in several files (the M2s, the textures and additional files ...) which is why you only see changed textures when useing the other MPQs.

Zadenk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah. I believe it was actually your edit I stole the structure from a long time ago!

Thank you for the insight, sort of embarrassed that thought never occurred to me, especially since I went through the effort of verifying the filepaths and recompiling the MPQ, just did it completely ass backwards.
    Thanks again, +Rep =] (not much rep, it's the thought that counts, right? Heh <.<)