0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Help] WoW Not Loading

I've been using, and have used WoWMe for about 8 months now, and never have had this issue before, and after searching for hours on the forums here, I find only very minimal mention of it happening, and no answers as to how to fix it or what causes it.

ALL of my model edits work perfectly fine when I load WoW with WoWMe, except one.

ANY patch that has a fix for bare feet on a character (I play draenei, so anything that isn't tauren/troll) or when I load a foot fix seperately (I made a seperate mpq so I didn't have to include it in every patch) causes WoW to immediately close before fully loading. i.e. I see the bar show up on my taskbar but it immediately closes and cancels the program boot.

I've narrowed it down specifically to ONLY the foot fix and I'm unsure as to why this one fix would cause this, and whether anyone has insight as to why or how to fix this.

Thanks for the help if anyone can supply one and definately +rep if you lead me to fixing this.

-Mirranda

p.s. on a side note, I downloaded someone else's patch that included the same type of fix just to test it, and sure enough it did the same thing.

[Help] WoW Not Loading
    Parog's Avatar Kitsune Da-O! M.L.G. CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    540/266
    Trade Feedback
    20 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try messing around with MPQ and mpq ( depending on what it is, it can be case sensitive )

Also, Check your WoWME config file and make sure nothing is missing/there for no reason.
    What's a Parog?
    Looking for competitive Valorant team!

Mirranda's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by fuzzayboy View Post
    Try messing around with MPQ and mpq ( depending on what it is, it can be case sensitive )

Also, Check your WoWME config file and make sure nothing is missing/there for no reason.
    Tried both, still seems specific to the foot fix, regardless of how it's integrated or how the file extension is cased.

gojinki's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Mirranda View Post
    Tried both, still seems specific to the foot fix, regardless of how it's integrated or how the file extension is cased.
    You used the wrong .dbc file for the edit. You need to use the .dbc file from patch-enGB.mpq (enGB can be something else depending on where you live) to be able to load .dbc edits. I had the same problem too but after extracting from patch-locale dbc edits started working again.
    Last edited by gojinki; 05-07-2008 at 09:20 AM.

Mirranda's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by gojinki View Post
    You used the wrong .dbc file for the edit. You need to use the .dbc file from patch-enGB.mpq (enGB can be something else depending on where you live) to be able to load .dbc edits. I had the same problem too but after extracting from patch-locale dbc edits started working again.
    The thing is though, it worked before 2.4, and I downloaded someone else's fix also to test to make sure it wasn't my personal mistake. Neither work.

Messages's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty weird.

I'm really no model edit expert, but perhaps the DBC values are changed or something? Maybe try and re do the edit yourself?
    :wave:

gojinki's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Mirranda View Post
    The thing is though, it worked before 2.4, and I downloaded someone else's fix also to test to make sure it wasn't my personal mistake. Neither work.
    Yes, pre 2.4 you could pick any .dbc file. Now you have to edit the .dbc file you extract from patch-engb.mpq and fix feet yourself to get it to work.
    They changed the .dbc files so most if not all old edits won't work anymore.

Mirranda's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by gojinki View Post
    Yes, pre 2.4 you could pick any .dbc file. Now you have to edit the .dbc file you extract from patch-engb.mpq and fix feet yourself to get it to work.
    They changed the .dbc files so most if not all old edits won't work anymore.
    It's odd that it's only the feet fix that's giving me this issue but thanks, I'll try it again manually.

EDIT: Tried completely remaking the footfix as a separate entity again, as well as remaking an entire character model edit that included it. Both give me the same problem.
    For reference, I'm pulling from locale-enUS.MPQ As far as I know this is the correct file to pull from, but if it's not, I'm plenty willing to hear otherwise.
    Last edited by Mirranda; 05-07-2008 at 08:06 PM.

Knomez's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they have been saying, you need to pull from PATCH not LOCALE >.>

Mirranda's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ~^Astra^~ View Post
    they have been saying, you need to pull from PATCH not LOCALE >.>
    Hmm... that would definitely pose a problem... I actually saw that in a few posts up but then he restated it saying locale-enGB so I figured it was a typo.
    EDIT:
    Yep, that fixed the problem. Thanks very much for the responses.
    Last edited by Mirranda; 05-07-2008 at 11:18 PM.