0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Question] My patches no longer work with 2.4

I create my own armor swaps to look all cool and it does not work now with 2.4. I know what I'm doing I've been using custom armor skins for a few years now and I never used any programs to ever start wow up because I didn't edit character model files. Did they break model editing or something with this patch or do I need the wowME fix to have the custom spell graphics and armor I have been using for months and months without any problems?

Edit: I'm using the 2.4 fix for wowME and it still acts like my patches do not even exist
    Last edited by Nissin; 03-26-2008 at 04:26 AM.

[Question] My patches no longer work with 2.4
    gojinki's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like they nerfed model editing again. Will have to find a new way to do it.

*ChAoS*'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Nissin View Post
    I create my own armor swaps to look all cool and it does not work now with 2.4. I know what I'm doing I've been using custom armor skins for a few years now and I never used any programs to ever start wow up because I didn't edit character model files. Did they break model editing or something with this patch or do I need the wowME fix to have the custom spell graphics and armor I have been using for months and months without any problems?

Edit: I'm using the 2.4 fix for wowME and it still acts like my patches do not even exist
    wowme works fine. Make sure that you have wowme in your base wow folder. Your .MPQs are in the data folder. You put the name of your .MPQs in your .cfg folder. Also make sure that you start wow using wowme.exe. Finally, if that doesn't work make sure that your patches aren't broken by downloading a model edit that you know will work. Someone earlier had broken patches that used to work in 2.3.3 but didn't in 2.4.

Hope that works.

Happy Editing!

Raptor_Jeezus's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just created a new model edit, and it wont apply. I think it's nerfed again XD.

Caunstantine's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by theblackmage View Post
    wowme works fine. Make sure that you have wowme in your base wow folder. Your .MPQs are in the data folder. You put the name of your .MPQs in your .cfg folder. Also make sure that you start wow using wowme.exe. Finally, if that doesn't work make sure that your patches aren't broken by downloading a model edit that you know will work. Someone earlier had broken patches that used to work in 2.3.3 but didn't in 2.4.

Hope that works.

Happy Editing!
    I can not get DBC Edits working at all, like spell swaps. Cant figure out why.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Caunstantine View Post
    I can not get DBC Edits working at all, like spell swaps. Cant figure out why.
    I haven't tried spell swaps since 2.4, but I do know that item DBC swaps work fine.

Are you trying to do something specific?

What program are you using?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't tried spell swaps since 2.4, but I do know that item DBC swaps work fine.

Are you trying to do something specific?

What program are you using?

My item edits aren't applying when I do them just using MWCS (extract new model and rename), but my race edit did work using the same method. Something strange is going on here!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by gnoampunter View Post
    My item edits aren't applying when I do them just using MWCS (extract new model and rename), but my race edit did work using the same method. Something strange is going on here!
    My item edits are also working fine. I just made a couple today. Oh, I think I may know the problem. Not sure. Make sure that the p in patch-#.MPQ isn't capitalized and that the .MPQ is. For some reason it wasn't working if it wasn't this way.

gojinki's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My item edits are also working fine. I just made a couple today. Oh, I think I may know the problem. Not sure. Make sure that the p in patch-#.MPQ isn't capitalized and that the .MPQ is. For some reason it wasn't working if it wasn't this way.
    What... that fixed it thanks alot. Was so simple I didn't think it was the capital letters in .MPQ that mattered.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still nothing. I'll keep trying and get back to you if it works.

EDIT: It's loading fine in WoW Model Viewer as a changed model, but WoW still isn't reading it.
    Last edited by Raptor_Jeezus; 03-26-2008 at 07:42 PM.

alligirl's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey

none of my model edit's work'd even after i downloaded the new mefix until i capitalized .MPQ on each patch... i did that and it work'd perfect. if that doesn't work idk ;( just adding in my 2 cents. GL

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by alligirl View Post
    none of my model edit's work'd even after i downloaded the new mefix until i capitalized .MPQ on each patch... i did that and it work'd perfect. if that doesn't work idk ;( just adding in my 2 cents. GL
    This is what I said . I would try downloading a model edit from the forums that you know works and playing around with it until you get it.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I said . I would try downloading a model edit from the forums that you know works and playing around with it until you get it.

I'll report back tomorrow. Tonight, my realm's queue is up to about 600, so I won't bother. At least I got my race edit working.

Ducati's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EDIT: i found out why one is working, it is indeed .MPQ in caps even though windows and such makes it seem like its all the same. when i was looking through patches to load in modelviewer it showed it as patch-e.MPQ with the rest lower case. best solution i can give is to sxtract your previous mods with warcraftstudio and create new mpq's. just remember when naming a file to save to TYPE IN .MPQ after you name the file, it should sow up fine

cannot test yet since im running a heroic
    Last edited by Ducati; 03-27-2008 at 03:54 AM.

Monkeypants's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got every horde race model edit available on these forums, I can't get any of them to work, I got the new MEFix and everything

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast