Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[World Build] Edgecliffe Castle

Code:
    In the frogotten hills next to Stromgarde used to lie Dun Garok. After New Lordaeron took back Stromgarde, a small pack of stromgarde soilders left the city to retake Dun Garok. As the soldiers reached the end of the long upward path, they discovered a large castle. The only building in Dun Garok was the large Edgecliffe Castle. All the sky was a gloomy grey, and dwarvern battle ruins laid next to the wake of the castle. Skeletons littered the burnt and lifeless dirt. The soldiers, led by their leader, Commander Raunfalg (Ron-fall-g ) readied their weapons. The castle gates opened with the sound of twisting rusty metal grinding against the gate of the Castle. A lady stood at the gate, a black raven rested near her. She wore light black cloths all over her body, dark lip stick as she spoke from her cold lips. "Enter handsome ones" She turned around and walked back to the castle. The foolish men rushed in.. as the gates closed shut, and once the screaming metal ceased, the Soldiers were lost to the hands of the Baroness.Lately the streets of Stromgarde has been packed with a group of 15 soldiers walking around in a group all around the city. It seems they are preparing for something. In the front of the line lies a npc named General David. The quest start will be at King Trollbane. You will walk up to the castle and he will be either inside of it (If there will ever be an inside) or outside the doors with a quest. You pick it up.

Something Amiss...

Start: King Trollbane
    End: General David
    Objective: Speak to General Davis.
    Reward: CoA shard

"Ah <player> I'm glad you came. You may have noticed the large pack of patrolling guards yes? We think that in the hills somewhere around us an evil power is rising and preparing to assualt. We think it may be coming from the mountains to the right of us now. Speak to General Davis about what you can do to help. That is if you are willing.
    -------

So players will then have to find him patrolling somewhere around the city, and turn in the quest.

Preparations

Start: General David
    Objective: Speak to King Trollbane, Blacksmith Richardson, and High Engineer Brozzle.

"King Trollbane sent you? Very well I guess even the weakest will do. I need to you speak to King Trollbane and see if we have clearance. Speak to Blacksmith Richardson in the blacksmith near the castle to see if our equipment is ready, also speak to Brozzle the gnome. He should be near the mage tower, he's supplying us with bombs just in case.. Hurry."
    -----

Players will speak to each of them, and get the ok. From Richardson you'll pick up [Stromgarde Armor Supplies] and from Brozzle you'll get [Gnomish Powdered Bombs]. After that players will return to the General.

Morale

Objective: Use the [Stromgarde Banner] to raise the morale of 15 troops.

"Our troops seem a bit unsetteling. Take this banner and try to see if you can get them ready for battle. Assure them they'll be fine."
    ---

Players will run around the city and right click the banner to raise the morale of 15 troops. Most of them are in packs of 3-4 so it won't take too much running around.

Inform the King

End: King Trollbane
    Objective: Speak to King Trollbane
    Reward: CoA Shard x2

"Before we head out I need you to speak to the King. Once we get the clearence meet me outside the gates."
    -----
    Speak to the King in (or outside of ) the keep.

Heading Out
    Objective: Speak to General David
    Reward: CoA Badge

"It's time to see if this mountain is really the suspect. Report to General David outside the gates. It's time to head out."
    ------

Exit Stromgarde and speak to General David on the rainy Arathi Highlands.

Locating the First Hill

Objective: Investigate Salior's Pointe (It's not sailor. No typo. Pronounced Sal-ee-er)
    Reward: CoA Shard

"Well here we go. Our first contested area we think the evil source is a mountain range north of Hammerfall. I want you to meet us there."

----------

There is a small mountain pass north of Hammerfall in the mountains. As you enter the Sky becomes Gloomy and rainy. The entrance is a black ruined fence (Duskwood Cemetary Gate like) and its basically just a graveyard and a ruined chapel. General David is inside the chapel.

Salior's Pointe

End: Mysterious Key Fragment
    Objective: Enter the Tomb and investigate.

"Left of this chapel is a ruined tomb. Enter it, see if there are any clues that will lead to the next objective. This isn't where all the evil is coming from... maybe part of it. But not all."
    -----

Players will enter the tomb and see that it is clearly abandoned. Fog is all over the small tomb. As you reach the end of the stairs you'll see a woman in black armor standing in the middle of a bunch of candles. Her name is Cultists Cathalin. She talks of how the Baroness is awakened from her sleep and seeks revenge on the awakers. Than you engage in battle with this warrior/warlockish type npc. After she falls she drops a small Key fragment. The Fragment gives a quest.

The 3 Fragments

Start: Mysterious Key Fragment
    Objective: Take the Fragment to Generald David
    Reward: CoA shard x2, [First Key Fragment]

" - The key is clearly split into three parts. This fragment has the letter 'E' on it and appears to be very old. Best to return it to David. - "
    -----

You walk back into the Chapel and you turn in the Key Fragment.

Location the Second Hill

Objective: Meet David at Cohl's Cottage

"Our scouts have located the second target. Cohl's Cottage. It's an abandoned Cottage that rests right next to the Thandol Span on the Wetlands side. I'll meet you there."
    -------

Players will cross the Thandol Span and to the left of them is a small mountain pass. You go up the slope and you see a small cottage and farm. The skybox is gloomy and rainy.
    Outside the entrance to the crops is General David, and in the crops are the 15 soldiers investigating. Turn in the quest.

Cohl's Cottage

Start: Generald David
    End: Mysterious Key Fragment [2]
    Objective: Investigate the cottage

"This isn't the place either. Maybe there is another clue inside the cottage. Perhaps another key fragment?"
    ------

Players enter the small cottage and on the second floor in the bedroom there is another culist. An npc named Culist Xervus stands in the middle of the candles. This one doesn't talk, and you are forced right away to kill him. On his corpse is the [Mysterious Key Fragment] you've been looking for. Take the quest from it.

Fragment 2

Start: Mysterious Key Fragment [2]
    Objective: Bring the key to General David
    Reward: CoA Shard x2, [Second Key Fragment]

" - The middle piece of the key is just as withered. It's a perfect match. Scrathched onto the key is the letter "C". Best to return that to General David. - "
    --------

You leave the cottage and you give the key to General David and turn in the quest.

Location of the Third Hill

Objective: Meet David at Hexor's Vineyard.

"We have discovered another hill. This one is a ruined Vineyard that belonged to a rich and neutral Orc. He was not a threat to Stromgarde, but neither were the previous owners. I think the owners of these hills may have been kidnapped and used for some ritual. I'll meet you there. It's north of the Durnholde walls."
    -----

If you leave the Durnholde gates, turn around the back of the Keep and you'll see another pass. Once you go up again you see destroyed vineyards and a small farmhouse. The skybox is gloomy and rainy (big surprise). You see David on top of the slope and turn in the quest.

Hexor's Vineyard

End: Mysterious Key Fragment [3]
    Objective: Investigate the farm house.
    Reward: CoA Shard x2,

"This isn't it either. But we're close. It seems that this Vineyard was only recently pillaged. Search the farmhouse to see if the last key fragment is here."
    ---

You enter the Farmhouse and you see a strange voidwalker modeled npc. It's name is the Entity. He is weakened and he is killed in one hit. But his soul lives and escapes. He drops the final key fragment.

The Final Fragment

Start: Mysterious Key Fragment [3]
    Objective: Return the Key to General David.
    Reward: CoA Badge, [Third Key Fragment]

" - The withered iron key matches the other two fragments. This one has an etch of the letter 'C' also on it, but it seems miscolored. - "
    ---

You walk outside and you turn in the quest to David.

Putting the Piece Together

Objective: Return the key fragments to King Trollbane

"That's all. We've searched everywhere. This key is broken and useless. Oh well, we better return all the findings to King Trollbane."
    ---

You return to Stromgarde City, and you run to the Keep to return the key to King Trollbane.

Blacksmith Richardson

End: Blacksmith Richardson
    Objective: Give the fragments to Blacksmith Richardson.

"I do not know what this key is for, but it's to something great... and evil. See if our Blacksmith can repair it?"
    ---

You return to the blacksmith from earlier and you turn in the quest.

Blackrock Saronite

Start: Blacksmith Richardson
    Objective: Collect 3 rocks of Blackrock Saronite from the Darklands.

"The material to make this key is the rare Blackrock Saronite. It's only found deep within Blackrock Mountain in the Darklands. If you can get me some of this ore I will be able to smelt it with the key and help it return to it's original shape. Be careful! The Darklands are not what they used to be.. Here I'll take this letter to Grand Magister Ithlan and secure a portal to the mountain."
    ----

You can take what ever way you want to reach the Darklands, but it's easier to go to the Mage Tower on the north side of town and speak to Grand Magister Ithlan who will teleport you to Blackrock Mountain. Once inside the mountain, you must enter the central rock area (the place you use to enter Blackrock Depths) inside the quarry area you will scout out to find the ore veins. Once you collect 3 chunks of rocks you can return to the entrance of Blackrock Mountain where Ithlan will return you to the tower. Than go back to the Blacksmith.

Almost Done

Objective: Collect the Celestial Vigil from the Ruins of Noralas in Northeron.

"It just needs one last ingrediant. There are rumors of an ancient stone in Northeron that can be used to restore the power in this key maybe. If I were you, I would check out the Ruins of Noralas in Northeron."
    ----

You can secure a teleport from Ithlan again but this time to Dawnstrider Harbor in Northeron. From there follow the zone map to the ruins. Outside of the ruins lies a small shrine. You activate it and a spirit named the Celestial Guardian appears. He asks if you are worthy and you engage him in combat. After he falls you loot his corpse for the [Celestial Vigil] than you can return to Dawnstrider Harbor to return back to the mage tower. Once you are back you can speak to the Blacksmith again.

The Key to... Something..

End: Architect Jameous
    Objective: Give the reforged key to Architect Jameous at Durnholde Keep.

"Here's your key. Please take it, I can tell this thing reaks with evil. But if it's any use to you, speak to my friend Jameous in Durnholde Keep. He may be able to identify that key for you."
    ---

As you leave Arathi and enter Durnholde Keep, you find ARchitect Jameous right next to the entrance bridge. You give him the key and turn in the quest.

The Key to 'E.C.C'

Start: Architect Jameous
    Objective: Take the Architect's letter letter to General David to reopen the case.
    Reward: CoA Shard, [The Key]

"The initals read E.C.C! Could this be the mysterious Edgecliffe Castle that has been told about in the fables?! I think so! Go back to your General with this Letter. It will tell you all about how to locate the entrance to the Castle!"
    ---

Return to Stromgarde and find General David somewhere patrolling the city.

The Shadow Compass

End: Commander Rodan
    Objective: Locate The Shadow Compass.

"I've heard of this Compass... I know! I found it awhile back and I gave it to Commander Rodan at Refugee Pointe. Ask him."
    ---

Players will head over to Refugee Pointe and see that it is on fire and under attack by strange imps and voidwalkers. You run through the battle and speak to Commander Rodan.

Something of Importance
    Start: Commander Rodan
    End: Shadow Compass
    Objective: Find the Footlocker holding the Compass in one of the houses.
    Reward: CoA Shard, [Shadow Compass]

"Yes I remember the Compass. I hid it in one of the houses above the Pointe in a footlocker. Search one of them! Than leave, and tell King Trollbane!"
    ---

Players will search the houses and in one random one there is a wooden footlocker. Inside it is the Shadow Compass where they turn in the quest.

Report to the King

Start: Shadow Compass
    Objective: Give the Shadow Compass to King Trollbane

" - There is a small hole in the middle of the black stone. Best to give it to King Trollbane - "
    ---

Return to Stromgarde Keep and give the compass to King Trollbane.

The -Correct- Location

Objective: Follow Trollbane to the Stromgarde Roof
    Reward: CoA Badge, [Celestial Compass]

"If I'm right we must put that Celestial Vigil into this. But that will not be enough. We must power it with the suns energy. Hurry come with me!"
    - Loading Screen and then you appear on the highest point of the castle with the King -
    -Trollbane places the vigil into the compass and raises it to the sun, turning it a blueish color.-
    "Yes! This is it!"
    - Aims the compass around Arathi until the lights point to the hills next to Stromgarde. -
    "There! That is where all this evil is coming from! It must be the fabled Edgecliffe! There is only one way to acsess it I hear. Follow me."
    - Loading screen, takes you to the Stromgarde Docks -
    " Follow the water while hugging the mountain until you come across a cave. Enter it and meet General David on the other side! Hurry!"
    -----------

Players find the cave and they enter the instance portal that takes them to Edgecliffe. David meets them outside the Cave, and the sky pours down rain and the sky is blackened. Turn in the quest to David

Edgecliffe Castle

Objective: Speak to David and listen to his plan.
    Reward: CoA Badge x5, [Talisman of the Ancients] x1 (I'll explain what these are for.)

"This is it... lets think of a plan"
    - long plan you can make up Franc -
    ---

After the plan you collect your goodies for completing the Epic questline. Now you can do the large and hard 5 man instance, Edgecliffe Castle! There is a quest for David

The Stromgarde Threat

Objective: Speak to David inside Edgecliffe Castle.
    Req.: Finished Questline, group of 5 members that have completed the questline.

"Well... here we go! See you inside <player>... Thanks again!"
    -------
    ==========
    This is a Dungeon/ Questline I'm making for CoA. The Stuff has been up for some time but I think it's time I show off the castle I've been working on. Took me about.. 2 hours because I already had all the .wmos placed in that Maelheart Residence build. Anyway, Here is the basic outline of the Castle.

Maelheart Residance

OLD PICTURES OF EDGECLIFFE (6-8 months ago)

NEW PICTURES OF EDGECLIFFE

[World Build] Edgecliffe Castle
    bjarki2330's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks really good and I like the questline/storyline you've got there. Btw, I'm Lothin on CoA.
    Hope this gets implemented.

Sincerely,

Bjarki.

Jordanator123's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh thanks a ton. Waiting for Frank. :P

Xel's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    94/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lighthouse, in mountains, why?

Herbalism's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Xel View Post
    Lighthouse, in mountains, why?
    ^That.
    Anyway, nice build though but where the hell is it? (sorry didnt read the code text)
    Looks like it's between some mountains in the middle of nowhere. Now make a road to it.
    Gogogo!

'Nuff said

Wavesong's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I am wondering to, why do you have a lighthouse in a castle that is between 2 mountains? xD Does not make sense, nice legobuild though. Go CoA

Jordanator123's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah Ignore that light house. Its a sentry tower and I'm currently tweaking the .wmo of the Lighthouse. More of a placeholder. And this is *currently* on the very left side of Dun Morogh which is now a forest.

DavidTwo2009's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...mind = raped.

WHY DO YOU HAVE SO MUCH TALENT? (light house looks like crap)

ALSO. Change the Skybox. :>
    Last edited by DavidTwo2009; 09-14-2011 at 02:24 PM.