[7.X] Login Screens for Legion. Vanilla through WoD menu

User Tag List

Poll: Which is your favorite login screen?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

jh16's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    10/46
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[7.X] Login Screens for Legion. Vanilla through WoD

Due to the changes with Legion. I thought some of you would like these back.

Directions:
    1. Download your favorite login screen from down below.
    2. Extract the contents within the downloaded ZIP directly into your World of Warcraft folder. Select yes to merge folders.
    3. Download the latest patched exe from below's link. Backup your original exe or rename the patched exe. Go into properties of the patched exe and unblock it and have it run as admin.
    4. Run the patched exe and drool over your keyboard while you look at your favorite login screen.

Get the latest patched exe from here:

These were extracted directly from the Legion client via CASCExplorer by tomrus. Thanks man!

Notes: I did notice the Vanilla and TBC login screen being kind of dark. My best guess is it has to do with the way the Legion client renders them.

Vanilla:

The Burning Crusade:

Wrath of the Lich King:

Cataclysm:

Mists of Pandaria:

Warlords of Draenor:

Enjoy!
    Last edited by jh16; 11-19-2021 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Removed old wow exe link with exe archive link

[7.X] Login Screens for Legion. Vanilla through WoD
  2. Thanks Filint, Android32, Happynappy, Krack3n, pronino (5 members gave Thanks to jh16 for this useful post)
    Filint's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    23/56
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome. Although that TBC one is hilarious

Thanks G/R
    10/46
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it is kind of strange. I might have to open it up in Blender when I have the time and see if I can make the light source brighter.

Happynappy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logo in the Left Corner

I'm liking The Vanilla One Very Much, but I have one Question, is it Possible to change the logo in the left Corner that says Wow legion back to the original Vanilla Logo instead? could you even let me know Which file this is and I might be able to change it myself, cause i dont think i like that legion logo against the backdrop of the vanilla login screen to be honest. Anyway great work on creating the old vanilla background and the old vanilla login music, but help changing that logo in the left top corner would be great, thanks
    Last edited by Happynappy; 08-16-2016 at 07:13 PM.

Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there great Mod, but for some strange reason I cant get the sound part to work, it shows the Vanilla Login screen when i copied and pasted the glue folder in the Interface Folder, But it cancels out the sound folder part and I keep getting the legion default Login Music, I have ticked the box to run the Program as admininstrator, but this isnt working, if someone could help me with this issue, i would be really grateful. Thanks

TehVoyager's Avatar I just love KuRIoS
    Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jh16 View Post
    http://tinyurl.com/wow-exe-info-dl
    Just want to make sure: thats not a monitized referral link right?

(don't post things I post to Patreon.)

johnnycashed's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    9/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have the sound folder in the C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft folder it should work. It will look like
    C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Sound\Music\Legion\MUS_70_Kingdomswillburn_MainTitle.mp3
    I've had no problem with it and changed the music many times for other load screens and all worked.

Thanks G/R
    10/46
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Happynappy View Post
    I'm liking The Vanilla One Very Much, but I have one Question, is it Possible to change the logo in the left Corner that says Wow legion back to the original Vanilla Logo instead? could you even let me know Which file this is and I might be able to change it myself, cause i dont think i like that legion logo against the backdrop of the vanilla login screen to be honest. Anyway great work on creating the old vanilla background and the old vanilla login music, but help changing that logo in the left top corner would be great, thanks :)
    Yes it is possible but I don't remember which file it is to change. I currently don't have the time to poke and prod through the game files to check.

Originally Posted by Happynappy View Post
    Hi there great Mod, but for some strange reason I cant get the sound part to work, it shows the Vanilla Login screen when i copied and pasted the glue folder in the Interface Folder, But it cancels out the sound folder part and I keep getting the legion default Login Music, I have ticked the box to run the Program as admininstrator, but this isnt working, if someone could help me with this issue, i would be really grateful. Thanks
    Very strange, did you place the "Sound" folder from the downloaded zip into the World of Warcraft root folder (where the exe goes)? I just pulled it from there and it works fine for me.

Originally Posted by TehVoyager View Post
    Just want to make sure: thats not a monitized referral link right?
    The link is a shortened link which points to an html file within my Dropbox public folder. The html file just redirects you to the latest patched exe post I have within the [Repost] SIG & MD5 Protection Remover thread.
    Each time I make a new post, I copy the link to that post and place it into the html file. Plus it makes it easier to just give one link and leave it so people don't have to redo the link within their post/thread when a new version rolls out. I'll give you the source code for the html file below if you are curious.
    Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    <meta HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" content="0; url=http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/world-of-warcraft-bots-and-programs/501200-repost-sig-md5-protection-remover-post3592723.html#post3592723" >
    </head>
    </html>
    Last edited by jh16; 09-04-2016 at 11:21 PM. Reason: corrected grammar

Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, seems to be an issue with the exe files. once i cut and paste back the default ones i can even hear the vanilla login music that is in the sound folder perfectly well at login.
    I just noticed that the person who developed the Mod is from the United states and would be more than Likely using the US Client version. I'm using the EU client version of wow. So could it be a case that that the patched exe Files are Not compatible with the Eu version of wow?
    help on this issue would be much appreciated, as i'm so disappointed to not be able to use both the vanilla login screen and the sound folder Music in unison with each other

Thanks G/R
    10/46
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just fyi, all locales use the exact same exe for when they update to the newest version. So it isn't that. Perhaps go into the properties of the patched exe and make sure to unblock it. Might check to make sure the Sound folder and the other folder is unblocked. About all I can think of for the time being.

Thanks G/R
    10/46
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (Durp, somehow that managed to double post...)

Ragnaratz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! Can u repost the patched *.exe ?
    Dear Greets!

Dorod52's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by arseoy12 View Post
    Not compatible with the Eu version of wow?
    that could be the problem

ziryn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jh16 View Post
    Due to the changes with Legion. I thought some of you would like these back.

Directions:
    1. Download your favorite login screen from down below.
    2. Extract the contents within the downloaded ZIP directly into your World of Warcraft folder. Select yes to merge folders.
    3. Download the latest patched exe from below's link. Backup your original exe or rename the patched exe. Go into properties of the patched exe and unblock it and have it run as admin.
    4. Run the patched exe and drool over your keyboard while you look at your favorite login screen.

Get the latest patched exe from here:

These were extracted directly from the Legion client via CASCExplorer by tomrus. Thanks man!

Notes: I did notice the Vanilla and TBC login screen being kind of dark. My best guess is it has to do with the way the Legion client renders them.

Vanilla:

The Burning Crusade:

Wrath of the Lich King:

Cataclysm:

Mists of Pandaria:

Warlords of Draenor:

Enjoy!
    The links are dead, repost please

Loriendal's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our test of new screens for wow 3.3.5a. We ported all the screens ourselves.
    WoW 3.3.5a Random Login Screens Test - YouTube

Legions screens, except me, have not one dude ported yet. Due to the incredible complexity of their implementation for version 3.3.5a.

These updates will appear in this client in the future:
    World of WarCraft: Wrath of the Lich King [P] [RUS + 4 / RUS + 4] (2010) (3.3.5a) [MOD] :: RuTracker.org
    Last edited by Loriendal; 10-21-2021 at 03:58 PM.