0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding patches without modified wow.exe

Just releasing something i have found out while trying to add patches (login screens,re textured battle grounds and more) to pandashan wow private server but this also works with all releases of wow up to current 5.4. If you don't want to use a modified wow.exe you can always put patches in your wowfolder/data/cache. Rename your patch to patch-base-16016 or any one of the patch numbers in that cache folder up to patch-base-17345 and replace it with the same one in wowfolder/data/cache. If your patch didn't work try renaming it to another one of the patch-base-xxxxx in that cache folder.

Adding patches without modified wow.exe
    jh16's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    10/46
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been known to the Model Editing community for quite awhile.

It was originally called the Soundcache method (least when I started up). Usually this only works for texture edits (textures are BLP files). In order to run model edits like a model swap or other related model replacement MPQs you must use a patched client which allows you to run those custom MPQ files.

Edit:
    As for getting a patched client to work with Pandashan's private server you need to copy the pandashan.dat file and change the extension to .exe. Once you have that you can look up in the thread that my second signature link goes to and find the locations for that particular version number. Just hex edit it and run the .exe instead of running their Launcher. Works except now you can just toss your MPQ files into the data folder and rename them if needed to "wow-update-base-20000.mpq" for an example. I figured this out a few months back when I was asked about getting custom patches to work with Pandashan's private server.
    Last edited by jh16; 09-17-2013 at 11:37 AM.

mkb509's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks jh16 i found out how to do all that on my own, wish i would have read your threads earlier it would have saved me hours lol. I wish i knew as much as you do and thanks for all your posts i am learning this stuff alot faster now with out so much trial and error.

magicalmuggle's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it possible to run the mod enabling wow.exe through a proxy like Wine on a Mac so that one could use the mods?