0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Race Swap] [4.3.4] HuF to ScM

I started playing AT 4.3.4 and got tired of the imorph and evermorph that bugs/crashes all the time, so untill someone release a working morpher i decided that id make a race swap the old way. This means that this patch will change every human female to undead male, not just you. It has working jaws, eye glow and combat sounds, but I didnt do the helm fix and hairstyle fix (charhairgeoset.dbc) so some of them wont look right but thats not very important to me. This aint a thread where I take request and I dont plan on making other race swaps for now. I just wanted to share this cause Im sure a lot of people like me get tired pretty fast of HuF animations to the point where they cant stand it. This patch might work for other other cata versions 4.0+, but you'll need to unlock the wow.exe with the right patcher(see instructions below).

Instructions :

1. Download my patch : HuF to ScM Cata.MPQ

2. Put the patch in your Data folder

3. Rename the patch to : wow-update-base-20000.MPQ

4. Now you need to unlock the blizzard protection that stops you from loading custom patches. Download this patcher if you got Cata 4.3.4 : Download: WoWPatcher(15595)nossc.zip | xup.in For other cata versions or help with bugs regarding the patcher see this thread : http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...n-remover.html
    I uploaded mine thats already patched for 4.3.4 :
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/p4...vv67y7/Wow.exe

5. Put it anywhere, double click on it, click on the blank space and go select your Wow.exe that is in you Cata WoW folder.

6. Check everything and click apply.

7. Launch WoW and enjoy!

So dont be fooled by the people telling you that you cant model edit without a morpher in cata/mop. All you need to do is remove the blizzard protection and then you can load any patch that you want. So some old patch could still work. Basicly theres 2 kind of model edit, first one is quite simple, its just extracting the body (.m2) and color(.skin and .blp) files of the badass spell that you found(ice nuke of death) and then rename them to the desired spell/creature(frostbolt etc) in a new patch. That way is great for spell swap cause it allows you to keep the after effects(ex: frost nova debuff is not part of the frost nova animation) and you get to keep the sound of the spell. The 2nd way is with .dbc files, its more complicated cause you gotta change numbers in columns, kind of like an excel table. DBC edits are required for jaws fix/eye glow for race swap to undead male, tusk on tauren, etc, and also some spell swap such as ice armor to shadow form and icy veins to skull of guldan cause you cant find any model/skin of those in blizz MPQs, basicly most spells that give you an aura.

For those interested in making a race swap like mine, see this guide : http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...-features.html Its a pretty old guide (2009), but most of it is still relevant. I didnt have to do helm/boot fix and charhairgeosets.dbc for some reason, but i also did something else beforehand not mentioned in it which is editing creaturedisplayinfo and creaturemodeldata, its just changing the numbers in the one line regarding HuF to the same numbers that you'll find in the ScM one.

Cheers!
    Last edited by oliax; 06-24-2013 at 11:44 AM.

[Race Swap] [4.3.4] HuF to ScM
    kancel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi, i really want to use the race swap you made but i cant get the exe to work, i use 4.3.4 (15595) exe and the patcher you linked but i cant get the mifl check to stop so i keep geting "can not stream required archive data" is thare anyway you can upload the exe you patched and got working since i cant seem to figure it out at all.

oliax's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by kancel View Post
    hi, i really want to use the race swap you made but i cant get the exe to work, i use 4.3.4 (15595) exe and the patcher you linked but i cant get the mifl check to stop so i keep geting "can not stream required archive data" is thare anyway you can upload the exe you patched and got working since i cant seem to figure it out at all.
    here you go

Wow.exe

kancel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got the same error even with that exe, then i noticed when i loged in it says only 80% of my game is downloaded im guessing thats the issue

equertez's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey i got a question, when i used your launcher then came popup, it says "cannot stream required archieve data. please check the network connection." my game is complete 100% and when i use original wow.exe (not patched) it work and i can play the game. can you help me? i already put the .MPQ in Data folder and renamed it

DavidTwo2009's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by equertez View Post
    hey i got a question, when i used your launcher then came popup, it says "cannot stream required archieve data. please check the network connection." my game is complete 100% and when i use original wow.exe (not patched) it work and i can play the game. can you help me? i already put the .MPQ in Data folder and renamed it
    I got this same error with the patched WoW.exe

snoxyes's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    3/12
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me too... can anyone help me ?
    World of Warcraft, the world of research

Gottzx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Files are offline can someone upload a patched wow.exe ? ^^ Its badly bugging for me there

veston's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Gottzx View Post
    The Files are offline can someone upload a patched wow.exe ? ^^ Its spanish gp highlights for me there
    Same for me.
    Last edited by veston; 04-29-2019 at 03:29 AM.