Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Tauren Druid - New feral forms! (revised)

I got Photoshop back and working and have a borrowed laptop (no the computer hasn't come yet), so I worked on the Travelform and a new skin... however it's really nothing major.
    gs ide is actually the icon for the spell Travelform, so I adapted it and made it a mark similiar to the markings you can see on Bearform and Catform(Nightelf). I've also added that same Catform marking (or Mark of Cenarius which it's so fancily called actually) on the Worgen so now every skin in the pack has a mark on them.
    Last edited by Andrige; 08-22-2007 at 03:44 PM.

[Model Reskin] Druids of Azeroth - New Shapeshift Skins
    mboswi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is cat or travel form ?
    I have seen the back "bug" on the model viewer and it is right, it is the correct animation but, anyway, I think that it is not good. It is my opinion.
    One idea... what about Arakkoa? I think it is a great model with a lot of animations, perhaps it could help you with any idea you have.

Andrige's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the Worgen: Ehm, in all honesty mbowsi I don't know what bug on the "cape" you're talking about. It just... isn't there? Give me a screenshot.

On the new picture: It's Travelform (read the text, said I was working on a Travelform there). I decided to use the same model as the default one due to the large issues it might cause when all the other tigers in the game turns ****ed up. I don't dislike the current travelform, but I changed the colour to fit my pack a bit more.

On the Arrakoa: I don't know about that. I made my pack to adjust the forms to look better, not change them completely. Moonkin is already fairly good in my opinion, at least model-wise (has lots of good animations and it's just cool in my opinion with a huge bird with antlers/horns ). Treeform is already good and I can't change it to any other model except Arrakoa perhaps, but I don't know if it's worth it. You might see some reskinnings but I don't know if I will stretch myself as far as changing models when I don't really think it's that necessary.
    Last edited by Andrige; 08-21-2007 at 09:03 AM.

mboswi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the Arakkoa: Im not telling you to change anything, it was only an idea. You can apply it to druid forms or whatever you want, or to none if you dont like it. It was only an idea cause i think it is one of the best model/animations.

Could you separate the model forms? Could you put each form in a file ? Just to take one but not other. If impossible np ^^

And... sorry if I'm disturbing you. Im only showing my opinions and giving ideas. Sorry if im annoying :P

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aye I could separate the forms, however not now. Gonna have to make dinner :/ I like the Arrakoa too but I rather not have it with Druids. They're fully clothed, doesn't look too nice and I don't think any forms need swapping with that one.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right guys, sorry for the long delay on actually updating this baby, but here's a work-in-progress (more or less, I'm actually pretty content) with a all new Travel Form skin.

List of changes:
    - New Travelform. Made it fit with the pack and has a mark of the spell Travelform (recognize the hoof on the ability in your spellbook?) on his side for those who may be wondering.
    - New marking on Worgen, the Mark of Cenarius is now on the Worgens thighs and I've also removed the small forearm-shield he had before.
    - NEW: Re-made the archive, saving in about 13.5mb (!) due to probably due to some leftover-data during my workprocess. Now it's only 1.4mb large, both the Nightelf and Tauren version. Might save you a couple of those precious MB in your RAM?

DOWNLOAD:

patch-5.MPQ - Tauren Feral skin pack
    patch-6.mpq - Tauren Feral skins adjusted for Nightelf use

Last edited by Andrige; 08-23-2007 at 11:40 AM.

Virtua's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the new travel form, it looks very nice

I made the new version work for nightelf-druids:

patch-6.mpq
    Last edited by Virtua; 08-23-2007 at 07:41 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Thanks for the new travel form, it looks very nice

I made the new version work for nightelf-druids:

patch-6.mpq
    Thanks, I really appreciate that you re-create it for the Nightelf fellas out there too

I'm gonna have to recreate the topic soon to introduce the new changes/links to the pack aswell, but firstly, anything more I should do before that? Was there any need for a reskinned Moonkin or Tree of Life, guys? (no I'm not changing the model; deal with it)

When I'm done with the Tauren theme, I'm thinking of moving on to the Nightelves by the way. Thinking of using gray/black as the main theme and hints of purple in ornaments or the like.
    Last edited by Andrige; 08-23-2007 at 11:04 AM.

nagata's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really love these, and I would love a more of your theme for the tree of life and moonkin keep up the good work Andrige.

LrdZanny's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

think there is any way to change the worgen stealth animation so it doesnt look like a seizure with 155% speed? =P

Also, is there any way to scale up the worgen model.. it seems small. Also, their weapons are small!

Hope you make bear form into a furblog, it would look awesome!

<3 your model edits.
    Last edited by LrdZanny; 08-24-2007 at 02:48 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by LrdZanny View Post
    think there is any way to change the worgen stealth animation so it doesnt look like a seizure with 155% speed? =P

Also, is there any way to scale up the worgen model.. it seems small. Also, their weapons are small!

Hope you make bear form into a furblog, it would look awesome!

<3 your model edits.
    @ Seizure stealth: no can do. I'm somewhat experienced at changing models and remaking skins, but I can't alter the current models or add/modify animations. That's something the developers only can do at the moment, with no tool available for "public" (modelchanging isn't really something legal as you might know) to import the works of someone to the actual game.

@ Scaling the model: I'm really considering it, however I'd like some help from someone who can perhaps assist me how to change the datafiles for it... I tried working with it but it's hard, and the programs I've downloaded to alter those datafiles are least to say weird. However, if I can I'm most definitively changing the size and attackanimations on the Worgen... and consequently if I can do that you might expect more stuff on that department from me, however not right now. Need to know before doing at the moment. Also, by adjusting the size to something larger, you'd probably also fix the tacky animation when running/stealthing.

@ Furbolg: I thought about it, but really, I think I should spend more effort in making a Nightelf pack instead, just to be fair to all. And of course, cutting down the models I need to modify/skin will just make it easier for me and shorten the time between the updates if you get what I mean.

So... if any Model Editing Experts could lend me a hand with this .dbc alteration issues, please contact me as soon as possible, I'd love a helping hand.

(P.S I tried changing the Moonkin but I ended up with texture bugs, I'm not so sure it'll be any advance retexturing, maybe a slight colour-change)
    Last edited by Andrige; 08-24-2007 at 03:30 PM.

nagata's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am really looking forward to the change to doomkin

I am using the rest of them on my druid and I just love how earth colored and more "savage" and druid alike they are now.

Really keep up the good work.

As of now I think the moonkin looks abit retarded but that's just to be expected from blizzard heh they always make weird models.

LrdZanny's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ill try messing around in the creature DBC tomorrow, havn't had alot of experience with it but after DBC swapping most races -> full tauren i think i can try to get the size changed and the furblog necklace working...

Ill post if i can get any of it to work.

Also andy, i just went in to check the layout, the 2ed string in the creature model ref DBC can change the speed of all the animations. So that would help fix the stealth of seizures. Im going to try to make it use the run animation for walking (AKA stealth)

Also, fun fact of the day - tauren females are the only ANYTHING with a factor different from 1 (or 100%) for their animations list. They run the animations at 125%, aka, 1/5 slower than everyone else.
    Last edited by LrdZanny; 08-25-2007 at 12:29 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by LrdZanny View Post
    Ill try messing around in the creature DBC tomorrow, havn't had alot of experience with it but after DBC swapping most races -> full tauren i think i can try to get the size changed and the furblog necklace working...

Ill post if i can get any of it to work.

Also andy, i just went in to check the layout, the 2ed string in the creature model ref DBC can change the speed of all the animations. So that would help fix the stealth of seizures. Im going to try to make it use the run animation for walking (AKA stealth)

Also, fun fact of the day - tauren females are the only ANYTHING with a factor different from 1 (or 100%) for their animations list. They run the animations at 125%, aka, 1/5 slower than everyone else.
    Sounds great! The main issues at the moment is probably the size of the Worgen, but in my opinion, don't change the walking animation to running, everytime the Worgen runs he lifts of the ground, if he's now stealthing and moving slower, it'll look weird that he's hanging in the air. Just try the size modification before jumping on that one, okay?

Also, this might be a tad tricky aswell, but I was hoping that it would be possible to change the attackanimations to something out of Worgens own arsenal of animations, so that Shred actually looks like a ripping move. And perhaps to remove the weapon while in Worgen form (not certain but if easy and possible then I think a try on it could be good).

Also, just a last question to you... do you need the Modeledit.exe modification to your archive in order for WoW to recognize the .dbc changes you make? I did my attempt at changing the .dbc files before, but the game crashed and said it was an error, and I didn't have the Modeledit.exe file installed so to speak. I guess that makes all the difference?

kamzii's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

would love to see the baby murloc for travel form ive seen it about but cant find it . Just got these skins and im very impressed couldnt really ask for more with these... just truely awesome