Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Model Swap] 3.3 Tree of Life --> Normal Caster Form (FTW)

< Scroll Down the Page for Feral (Bear/Cat) Form & Moonkin Form -----> Normal Caster Form >

Is This Possible?
    Since the Tree of Life form first appeared in World of Warcraft, druids everywhere have clamored to find a way to avoid seeing that awful flailing treant run gaily across their screen. Although model swapping the Tree into the Lich King or Illidan is cool looking, it makes gameplay unrealistic in the Warcraft universe. The issue for some time has been to find a way to retain caster form while still applying the aura and buffs from Tree of Life. I have found a way around this.

The Easy Answer
    You cannot stop yourself from Shapeshifting. It is encoded that way in the game files. You must shapeshift into SOMETHING...

The Hard Answer
    So shapeshift into yourself! I have made model swaps of Tree form into each playable race/gender combo in the game.

The Catch
    You cannot retain the look of your features or your gear (although you keep your weapon appearance). You are assigned the specific features in each screenshot below, and all are equipped with Dreamwalker (Druid Tier 3/7) armor and a Cenarion Expedition tabbard. Depending on which you download, ALL Tree of Life models in the game will become this specific model; so if you download the tauren male, then even night elf female druids in ToL form will be a tauren male.

The Future
    If there is enough interest, I may continue to work with this to try and find a way to edit the features so you can look like yourself, and find the codes for higher tier gear. For now, this will do for anyone sick of looking at this joke of a shapeshift. Suggestions are always welcome.

The Models
    Download the file associated with the race/gender combo you play.
    Use WinRar to open the .rar file and extract the .mpq file into your World of Warcraft\Data folder.
    Rename and shorten the file to have only one letter after the dash, such as either patch-n.mpq or patch-t.mpq.
    Play WoW and enjoy!

Night Elf Male
    Download Here

Night Elf Female
    Download Here

Tauren Female
    Download Here

Tauren Male
    Download Here

Gratitude
    reflex0rzor's guide
    balky's work
    wowhead for the tree screenshot

I hope this works out well for everyone interested. Let me know what you think!

Thanks!
    Last edited by beautiful; 01-29-2010 at 12:54 AM.

[Model Swap] 3.3 Tree of Life --&gt; Normal Caster Form (FTW)
    beautiful's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since this is an extension of my previous work, an updated Travel Form and Aquatic Form are also included in these files. I was unaware of this at the time of posting, but I'm sure you will be pleased with them.

Travel Form
    Original: Tiger -----> New: Frostsabre
    This is the more detailed cat model, the same as the NE mounts but on a small scale. It has all appropriate animations, and glow-in-the-dark eyes. Cheetah mobs in places like the barrens may also be affected.

Aquatic Form
    Original: Sealion -----> New: Lionseal

This is the awesome model of Ragemane, a blubbery elite. It is way more detailed; you cannot, however, dolphin-scoot the surface of water like you can with the old one.

Nose's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool :3 + rep cat + bear form is possible too right?

kmesserli's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any way you can tweak this to work with moonkin?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Druid Bear / Cat Form

Ok so I have changed both Bear Form and Cat Form to shapeshift into a caster form Druid wearing Tier 10. This is awesome looking, and playable. The problem I found with this is that Bear form animations don't work too well with a caster form, meaning that most of your attacks are not visible. In fact you just stand there in a non-attack pose for most of the time in Bear, and the height is a little taller than usual, but I figure to each their own so here it is for you to try out. I would suggest you play this way if you are DPS since Cat form attacks much faster and there is less time to stand around awkwardly. When using this patch, all Bear & Cat form druids from your faction will appear the same race/gender combo you select, but not the opposing faction. This patch will not work alongside the one above.

The Models:

Use WinRar to open the .rar file and extract the .mpq file into your World of Warcraft\Data folder.
    Rename and shorten the file to have only one letter after the dash, such as either patch-f.mpq or patch-m.mpq.
    Play WoW and enjoy!

Night Elf Male
    Download Here

Night Elf Female
    Download Here

Tauren Female
    Download Here

Tauren Male
    Download Here

Let me know how this works out and any more suggestions you may have.
    Last edited by beautiful; 01-29-2010 at 01:14 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moonkin Form

I have also changed the Moonkin shapeshift from the owlbeast into a caster form of each race/gender combo, each donning an alternate color of the original Dungeon Set 1. The models are slightly taller than usual, but definitely cool to play. When using this patch, all Moonkin form druids from your faction will appear the same race/gender combo you select, but not the opposing faction. This patch will not work alongside the ones above.

The Models:

Rename and shorten the file to have only one letter after the dash, such as patch-o.mpq.
    Play WoW and enjoy!

Night Elf Male
    Download Here

Night Elf Female
    Download Here

Tauren Female
    Download Here

Tauren Male
    Download Here

Let me know any more suggestions or comments you may have.

I would like to work on consolidating one patch for each race/gender combo which contains the caster form for Tree, Feral, & Moonkin. Along with whatever tweaks I discover which could make them better (such as height). No more for now, however; I have seriously been working on this ALL FREAKING DAY and my eyes hurt! Please enjoy!
    Last edited by beautiful; 01-29-2010 at 01:14 AM.

Barkskin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Request: Horde Moonkin to Tauren Male in Stormrage gear (tier 2).

Edit: I forgot to mention, this is excellent work. Very very exciting. I tried to see where these changes were made in the DBC files, but having no experience working them before, I'm afraid I'm lost in this mess. I'd be very interested in you diving further into aiding us with customization so we could retain our characters looks.
    Last edited by Barkskin; 02-01-2010 at 10:11 PM.

keivin2005's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great wrok
    I would like to have tree of life to Tire10 Night Elf Male

the_agent_1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great work! waiting for this for ages!!! would it be possible to create a male nightelf with the "0"-feature and t10?. (what I mean is, every feature you can choose is feature 0 in wowmodelviewer)

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to explain how to turn your Tree Form into any NPC in the game.

You will need:
    WowModelViewer
    MyWarcraftStudio
    DBC Editor

The best way I can explain this is that I have replaced the "Tree Form" model with that of an NPC. All of these characters you see above are a NPC in-game somewhere; for example the Dreamwalker geared players are rescued cenarion npcs, the Wildheart ones are transforming druid mob npcs. So you can change your Tree Form model into ANY npc you want to look like, as long as it shares the race/gender combo you want to play. I'm going to show you how to do this for yourself.

Step 0
    Find the NPC you want. Do this in-game or look through screenshots on Wowhead. Can also use an older version of WowModelViewer.
    For this example we'll use Alana Moonstrike, the alliance druid Tier 10 vendor in ICC (Night Elf Female).

Step 1
    Load up WowModelViewer and bring up any character. Using NE female in this example.

Step 2
    Go to the drop-down menu for Character, and Load NPC Outfit. Search for your NPC. Their outfit will not actually load =/
    Take the second number (the one on the right) and write it down. This is their ID.

Step 3
    Open MyWarcraftStudio and open the file patch-enUS-2.mpq from the World of Warcraft\Data\enUS folder.

Step 4
    Look through the contents of the DBFilesClient folder and find CreatureDisplayInfo.dbc and extract it to your Data folder.

Step 5
    Load DBC Editor and open the CreatureDisplayInfo.dbc file you just extracted.
    Find the NPC you want by using their ID you wrote down (the first field, it's gray).
    Write down your ID's numbers in field 1 for their model (here it's 56, which is NE female) and field 3 for their gear (here it's 20557, for tier 10).

Step 6
    Now find the model you want to change. For "Tree Form" use ID 864.
    Replace fields 1 and 3 with the numbers you just wrote down from the NPC; press Save.

Step 7
    Go back to MyWarcraftStudio and use the drop-down menu for Pack, and Create MPQ.
    Save the file in your World of Warcraft\Data folder as patch-w.mpq (any letter after -).
    Use the menu for Pack again, and Add file to archive; select the CreatureDisplayInfo.mpq but put DBFilesClient\CreatureDisplayInfo.mpq as the pathname; press Save.

Step 8
    Load WoW and check out what you've done!
    In this example our Tree Form is now a Night Elf females in Tier 10.

Remember that this only works for an NPC of the same race/gender combo you want your model to be. Using another model will mess it up completely. If your NPC is wearing a helm covering their face (like in our example) you may switch the gender (ie: from 56 to 55, which is night elf male) without any major difference since their features are hidden.

Hope this helps! Let me know if I missed any important steps or if you need more screenshots!

Balky's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can also add cloaks in Field2 btw

enclezer's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bannable!?

korric's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every model edit is bannable Enclezer. (because messing with the files breaches a paragraph or subsection of WoW's Terms and Conditions) But as long as you don't go around proclaiming to the azerothian heavens that you're using a modle edit, then you won't get banned... unless of course Blizz has a way to read the players MPQ files and check. Using a model edit is like having a dirty secret that you tell no-one about. lol

By the way Beautiful, thanks for the little guide there, it's incredibly helpful. I'll figure out how to do it soon hopefully. +Rep
    Edit; gotta spread my Rep, so I can't rep you yet.
    Edit 2; Just wondering, I'm guessing the skin applied to the humanoid edit is the skin that your character uses normally right? So do you think that this would be possible to do these swaps for pets? I'm gonna test out the way I think it might work (Change the pet to the model, add the armor, then input the name of the skin I want into the 6th field on the DBC) think it could work? I'll post a screenshot of the outcome
    Edit 3: tested the swap with a non-combat pet, got critical error, about to test with hunter pets
    Last edited by korric; 02-03-2010 at 04:19 PM.
    Korric: WoW player, WoW model Editor, WoW lore nerd, and Guitar Hero expert

Barkskin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I have to thank you for creating this edit. You compelled me to work on a new shift I would be happy with. Arrakoa or skeletons are cool, but as you said, much better to be realistic within the universe. So I took a combination of your guide and also ScDK's which delved further into the deeper details of the model via another .dbc

I was able to get the exactly same looking Tauren with the full armor I desired.

korric's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kept trying and found out that the critical error was my own fault. :P
    I've completely figure it out now and as promised, here's a pic! Changed to Valeera Sanguinar (Any Alliance Player or Lore Nerd will know who that is)
    Korric: WoW player, WoW model Editor, WoW lore nerd, and Guitar Hero expert

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast