0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by garoboldy View Post
    I'm sorry but I have to call BS on this one. Not for the fact of you stating information that is not fully factual, but for stating Vista not being the issue. The comparison of running WoW on an XP machine and a Vista machine with the exact same hardware/software builds your going to get better FPS with XP. you state that its not an OS issue but the type of CPU/board setup you have.

This is not right, since FPS performance is not based around the number of cores running in your system. Yes it plays a part but what he/she is stating FPS wise has nothing to do with multi-core based systems.

Its a bottom line fact of the comparison between XP/Vista systems, xp will win out each time due to the bloated factors contained in Vista.

Please don't call someone out and tell them to get their facts straight first, when you yourself have misleading information as a reply.

have a wonderful day
    Hehe, an obviously you need to run some CPU and GPU comparision benchmarks, sinceI doubt you have, and I doubt you ever will,
    or are a certified IT, or know anything about computer at all, you should indeed get you facts straight. So uh, yeh go take some REAL
    IT classes, and become a certified IT and computer tech

When you give to the community, I +rep; when I give, please +rep

[Performance Guide] How to run WoW to the limits without OC'ing
    Nikio's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow slam..! I could feel that slap IRL xD

edit: guys come on give it up, you know xzodus is right, he clearly got way more experience in cpu systems. So for now, suck it up..!
    Last edited by Nikio; 02-28-2008 at 08:45 AM.

Ikaika726's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See with my own experiences it shows that Vista is not always the problem. But then again neither is XP. It all depends on your machine and how you run it. If you are well versed in IT then obviously you know how to tweak any system.

Myself I have a Bachelors Degree in IT with a major in Software Engineering :icon_headbang: . So yeah, I know a little about computers. All in all it should come down to end user.

And Xzodus, you are 100% correct with your subtle CPU and GPU comparison benchmarks reference. Over at TomsHardware there are some benchmarks that were ran. Sometimes XP did better than Vista; sometimes Vista did better than XP.

Sorry for beating a dead horse, but end user makes or brakes an OS.

frstysnow's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woo for noobs like me with 9 FPS?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12