0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] Iwana Fishing / Auto Turn Off WoW & Fishing Bot After XX Mins

I wanted to find out a way to start up Iwana's fishing bot and WoW and have it only Bot Fish for me for like XXX Mins. To be safe, I go into WC then fish for an hour or two during a movie. I found a rather simple way of doing this using Windows Scheduler!

1) Lets open notepad so that we can write a batch file to close WoW and Our Iwana fishiing bot!
    --Click Start -> Run -> Notepad
    --(Now Notepad is open)
    --Type the following in notepad
    taskkill /im fisher.exe /f /t
    taskkill /im wow.exe /f /t
    --Save the text file (FILE->SAVE AS-- C:\kill.bat)
    --Now you have a batch file that will execute those commands when you run c:\kill.bat
    --Keep in mind the fisher.exe is what you named your fishing bot, mind is actually renamed to something completely different, so you may have to rename yours to whatever your fishing bot is named after.

2) Now lets setup a one time schedule to close WoW and your fishing bot at a certain time
    --Click START -> CONTROL PANEL -> (make sure your in classic view, if your not, click on the classic view link on the left side of the control panel window) -> SCHEDULED TASKS
    --Click Add New Scheduled Tasks
    --Then the Scheduled Task Wizard comes up, Click Next -> Click Browse -> Type: C:\kill.bat -> Click on the radio button that says "One time only" .. then click Next -> Put the time / date you want WoW to close (say today, one hour from now) ->
    Enter your windows login information that it will run kill.bat as (just put your password to your windows account here, if you have one, if you don't have one leave it blank) .. click Next-> Click Finish

That's it! Now at that time, it will kill WoW and your fishing bot, so you don't have to worry about it sitting there all night or just in case you forget about it.

Furthermore, if you want to do this again, you don't have to re-set the whole thing up, you simply go back to Control Panel, then click on the Scheduled Tasks, and you will see a scheduled task named "kill"

Right click on it, then go to the schedule tab, and change the date and time you want to run this again. Now you can re-use the one time use kill batch file.

I may consider writing a little program to make this entire process way easier, I just don't have the time at the moment. But keep posted. Please give feedback if you want me to simply make a program where you input the fishing bot name and the time you want it to fish for, and I may code it. Thanks folks, I hope this helps you like it helped me in keeping out of paranoia!

[Guide] Iwana Fishing / Auto Turn Off WoW & Fishing Bot After XX Mins
    wide's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i usually let it running all night long and never got a problem. im using glider to fish now and it's more reliable because you can set it to quit if you have people around you and there's no need to set the annoying lure color. anyways, i know iwana is free, and its still a great program, for all you people needing the extra safeness, this is a nice guide
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings. :eh:

CNZ's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by wide View Post
    i usually let it running all night long and never got a problem. im using glider to fish now and it's more reliable because you can set it to quit if you have people around you and there's no need to set the annoying lure color. anyways, i know iwana is free, and its still a great program, for all you people needing the extra safeness, this is a nice guide
    It helps me sleep at night!

roehama's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont get it (im not at my house so i cant test it out in WoW) is it like a home-made fishing bot? if it is, awesome!

CNZ's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is to be used with the IWANA fishing bot:

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/bots-p...fishbuddy.html