0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIps, Hints, And Tricks to make life in World of Warcraft Easier

Hello everyone, and thank you for coming to view my thread. This thread is color coded for each section that I shall add with different tips and guides taken from various places, but most written by me. I will give credit if it is not written by me, do not worry.

::..COLOR CODE..::

This Color Means: General Information
    This Color Means: Leveling Tip; Quest Information
    This Color Means: Money Tip; Economy, etc.
    This Color Means: Grinding / Farming Tip

::..End of color code..::

Ok. To start this guide off with, I will give you some general leveling information. There is a lot of information here, so remember that you do not have to read it all.

::..Leveling Tips..::

Leveling Tip 1: Always work on Quests. It doesn't matter how easy they are compared to your current level, you can always use the reputation and experience.

Leveling Tip 2: If possible, work on quests alone. If you think it is possible, do it. This eliminates the possibility of not leveling up because of splitting experience with others.

Leveling Tip 3: Take more than one quest at a time. I do not know how big of a difference this will make, but it saves me time to know what quests I am doing, and not having to run back and get another one.

Leveling Tip 4: Stay away from instances, unless they are with an actual group or you are completing quests. The experience inside of instances is not worth it at all. You kill more monsters normally, and for normal experience it is worth it.

Leveling Tip 5: If you are looking to level quickly, stay away from the Auction House. All the weapons / armor you will ever need will drop for you, especially if you decided not to follow my last tip

Leveling Tip 6: Grinding and Farming are not bad! Just remember to quest also, and these can be used greatly to your advantage. Since I know this is going to be challenged by a lot of you, here is the math.

Say a quest gives you 6000 experience, and 20 monsters to kill. Each monster gives you 120 experience. 120 x 20 = 2400. 2400 + 6000 = 8400. Now, say that took you an hour and a half. Grinding, killing 50 monsters an hour lets say, 50 x 120 = 6000 + the 3000 from the other half an hour and you have more than questing. See how that works? Good. Lets move on.

::..Money / Economy Tips..::

Money Tip 1: Get a mule to go into the Auction House for you. Its always easier on your main with less bag space filled, and usable for quest items. Just think of the mule as 16 more bag slots for your main.

Money Tip 2: Do not let the addons do the work for you. People exploit this. They will flood the AH with useless crap at too high prices, then stick one thing in there a little cheaper than the rest to get your bottom scanner screwed. Check over them before you hit buy, ok?

Money Tip 3: Do not grind with no point. Grind for an Item. You may think wrong part of the guide for this, but it is not. If you grind / farm right, you can have hundreds of silk / linen or wool an hour, instead of grinding into nothingness.

Money Tip 3: Always loot everything, no matter what that item is. Blizzard put that feature there for a reason, use it. Also loot greys, as they always sell for more to vendors. Get all uncommons as well, as they always have some use and could always be auctioned for at least a little money.

Money Tip 4: Don't delete anything from your bag! Im sure it can be sold or something, and I understand if you are in outlands and an epic drops and you dont have any bag space left yes, but if your in a city, what is the point of doing that if you can sell?

Money Tip 5: If you want quick money, choose two gathering professions. Like, Mining / Herbalism. This way, you can pick up everything you see on the roads, smelt it or whatnot, and sell it for more money then just watching it grow.

Money Tip 6: Beg. I know this sounds stupid, but a lot more people are willing to give you money if you beg then listen to you whine, and not enough common sense to add you to their ignore list. I made a few hundred gold off of begging, and made this at level 22 in Thunder Bluff in a matter of 10 minutes.

Money Tip 7: Always charge tips. I was a rogue, and would not open any lockboxes until I got a tip, because thats just how it was with me. Its an easy way to make money, but people dont realize the amount of money they give as a tip is more then they would pay for whatever you are giving.

Money Tip 8: Buy low, sell high in the Auction House. The easiest and most well known methods. Find a blue for 15s, relist for 15g, and you just make a load of money. It is really as simple as that, and takes about 5 minutes a day.

Money Tip 7:
    Linen cloth sells for 1s a stack (AH, so it isn't worth it) silk sells for 2g a stack, and wool sells for a whopping 6g A STACK!!! I cornered the market over 2 days and made 70g profit. Farm silk, in short. Thanks much for this Volund This also not all servers, just some of them.

I make all of my money in the AH. Auctioneer, while heralded as a great program, should not be your end-all source for information. Common sense is all you really need to make money in there. For example, numerous times I have seen stacks of linen cloth sell for 5s but bolts of linen going for 50s. Now for the non-tailors, it takes 2 linen cloth to make one bolt, so for 10s I can make 50s. Also, do not assume that because something is blue or purple it will automatically sell or that it will sell right away. Some items, like weapons and armor, only sell well during peak times (weekends and prime-time) where as reagents sell better during the day and off-peak (there are exceptions of course for twink enchants and the like that all kiddies want) because that is when the power-levelers are on to do their work.

::..Grinding / Farming Tips..::

Grinding Tip 1: Like I stated above, always grind / farm with a purpose. With no purpose, you are just killing, which is not making you ay money, or any items that you need. You need to know what you want, and where to get it. You can find this out at Thottbot: World of Warcraft

Grind Tip 2: Usually, you should either grind for 3 types of things.
    -Popular Items, then sell for cheaper price
    -Expensive Items
    -Trade Items

Examples of these:

Popular Item: Lets say... Tear Armor? If you farm for that and sell in the auction house, big cash.

Expensive Item: Easy one. Shadowfang or Assassins Blade. These sell for big amounts for.

Trade Items: Silk Cloth, Leather, etc. This stuff will sell for good in stacks, or help you large amounts with your professions, whatever they may be.

There are also very popular places to farm and grind, and some not so popular places to grind and farm. Lots of people like to farm instances, where specific things drop. Like just as an example, Shadowfang Keep, 2 specific things drop of interest; Shadowfang and Assassins Blade. Some unpopular places might be some of the mines in Westfall, where you can easily get linen and wool cloth. If you decide to farm the lower popularity places, you might be able to get more items that are needed and undersold.

I am always open to freely posted comments / suggestions on anything to add, and I will give you reputation and credits for the help. Thank you for reading, and I seriously hope that this gives you the advantage in World of Warcraft.

P.S. I, Hallowsend Wrote this guide. DO NOT RIP! Thanks
    Last edited by Hallowsend; 02-12-2008 at 04:03 PM.

TIps, Hints, And Tricks to make life in World of Warcraft Easier
    Brian Peppers's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add to the Money tip, that to buy all netherweave when the price is under 3g, and just turn into first aid, and vendor, not that much extra money, but it seems like your guide sorta is just trying to explain very small amounts of money... But good job
    Owned.

evermarked's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Addendum to Guide--Tips from an AH whore

I make all of my money in the AH. Auctioneer, while heralded as a great program, should not be your end-all source for information. Common sense is all you really need to make money in there. For example, numerous times I have seen stacks of linen cloth sell for 5s but bolts of linen going for 50s. Now for the non-tailors, it takes 2 linen cloth to make one bolt, so for 10s I can make 50s. Also, do not assume that because something is blue or purple it will automatically sell or that it will sell right away. Some items, like weapons and armor, only sell well during peak times (weekends and prime-time) where as reagents sell better during the day and off-peak (there are exceptions of course for twink enchants and the like that all kiddies want) because that is when the power-levelers are on to do their work.
    Well now that I have thrown my AH 2 copper in, hope you can expound on it and make this guide even better. Like it so far.

damodemon23's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very good i like it
    [YT]I have an emu server
    And it does not work :banned:[/YT]

Haborym's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    helpful guide maybe now i will be less of a noob on blizz servers lol

Epic Sheep's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude a nice guide you got there....
    i actually read it which i dont normally do with these guides xD
    sorry that you got rick rolled but oh well...
    guess what...
    yes you guessed right...

+REP

Hallowsend's Avatar 滚开! 大声笑。I 是令人敬畏的。
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lolwoot thanks Sean

Epic Sheep's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Hallowsend View Post
    lolwoot thanks Sean

<3
    All you need is love

loboblanco's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decent basic guide.

I'd like to add to a couple of the tips..

>Money Tip 1: Get a mule to go into the Auction House for you. Its always >easier on your main with less bag space filled, and usable for quest >items. Just think of the mule as 16 more bag slots for your main.

Remember that very few of the bags you get until Netherweave are soulbound, so as you get/buy larger bags for your main, upgrade the mule with the cast offs.

>Money Tip 5: If you want quick money, choose two gathering professions. >Like, Mining / Herbalism. This way, you can pick up everything you see >on the roads, smelt it or whatnot, and sell it for more money then just >watching it grow.

To be a bit more specific take Skinning combined with either mining or herbalism, since mining and herbalism both benefit from tracking and it is almost impossible to track both at once. Plus in most zones as you are leveling there are many, many skinnable mobs. You also will quite often come upon other player's kills that you can skin.

Boydon80's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. Nice tips! +Rep