Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Afk/semi afk leveling using 1-2 monitors and 1-2 programs

Hey boys

First post so I don't think I will be able to post links and pictures. Anyway in this thread I would like to explain how I leveled my druid with next to no time spent playing or focusing on the game.
    (It should be noted that the character I leveled was a former level 20 twink and the first mobs we will be farming are level 19 therefore I do not know what the easiest leveling method for 1-15 is but technically my method could be used for that level range as well)

Software required:
    *I do understand that there is a section for bots and programs but I do not think that this thread fits that section

Autosoft Auto Keyboard Presser (1.9) (I'm using the trial)
    Pretty straight forward software that clicks a pre selected button at a pre chosen time interval in w/e game or program is the focus. We will be keeping it as simple as possible.

ibik Aster Multiseat (I'm using the trial)
    Creates multiple desktops that work independently of each other.

15-60:
    For this level range we will be farming the fast respawning mobs "Stormspike Engineers" in hillsbrad foothills 41.47

1 monitor
    I would use the 1 monitor set up when I would be out of the house or busy doing other things.
    I would place my guardian druid at the above mentioned spot and make a targeting macro with a ranged ability.
    /target sto
    /use moonfire
    put said macro on 1,an aoe ability on 2 and finally a heal on 3 and program the keyboard presser to click 111,22,3 with a time interval of 1500 milliseconds and endless repeat.

2 monitors
    The 2 monitor method I would be using when I was busy doing things on my computer but also wanted to level at the same time.
    Everything is pretty much the same other than you have to set up 2 desktops first. To achieve this you open the Aster software, create 2 workstations with your main monitor being on workstation 1 and your secondary monitor used for afk leveling on workstation 2. Keep mouse and keyboard on workstation 1 for right now,enable the workstations and reboot your computer.

After the reboot open the Aster software again and move the mouse and keyboard to workstation 2. Go through all the steps mentioned in the 1 monitor setup and before starting the keyboard presser program open Aster again and move the keyboard and mouse or just the mouse back to workstation 1. You will have a second or 2 to start the keyboard presser program before the mouse and keyboard will be moved back to your main monitor/workstation 1. All of this sounds a bit complicated but you will get the hang of it in no time.

If done correctly your leveling character should now be killing mobs on monitor 2 while you can do w/e you want on monitor 1.

Couple things that should be note:
    I decided to farm those particular mobs because they have a chance to drop the black tabby cat pet and re spawn extremely fast. I have tried various other spots and npcs but none seem to be as convenient as the stormspike engineers
    Although I didn't get a black tabby cat pet I got a couple Buccaneers Vests that sold for 40k each and some rare quality swords that sold for 10k each.
    Those mobs are only available to horde players. As alliance you should probably farm the scarlet monastery dungeon as mentioned in ruguls "completely afk leveling guide"

60-120:
    For this level range we will be pet battling critters in valley of four winds as shown in R.O.Gs guide "How to level 60-120 and level up pets!" However we will be using a couple macros,the keyboard software and pets not mentioned in said guide to make the leveling experience more smooth and semi afkable.

1 monitor
    Don't use the 1 monitor set up for this unless you enjoy being bored to death.

2 monitors
    First off we need to prepare a couple of things best done on your main monitor.

For the leveling character:
    In WoW go to keybinds and re-bind Tab to "Interact with target"
    Make sure no abilities are on they keybinds 1,2 and 3. Those will be needed to afk battle via the keyboard program
    Make 2 macros to target all the critters in valley of four winds and preferably bind those to 4 and 5
    /target ma
    /target ban
    Make 1 macro to heal pets and bind this to an easy to reach key
    /cast Revive Battle Pets
    Bind your flying mount to an easy to reach key.
    Get a portal to shrine of two moons and then fly to valley of four winds. Leave your character in the area with the big lake and the various hills or the village with the flight point and 2 bridges.

For your main:
    Optional: Obtain 2 beast stones or other items that turn beast pets into rare quality beast pets. Also exchange pet charms for leveling stones to level 2 beast pets from 11/12 to 25. Make sure the captured beast pets are of the health / speed breed.

Go to Searing gorge and obtain 2 Ash Spiderlings. Make sure at least 1 of the 2 is rare quality and level 25.

Why Ash Spiderling:
    I have tried out all locations and all pets mentioned in the pet battling guide and I can say without a doubt that nothing beats 2 Ash Spiderlings when it comes to leveling with as little downtime as possible.
    Ability 1 called Strike is strong against critters and hits fairly hard with no cooldown.
    Ability 2 called Brittle Webbing is strong against critters and leaves a 3 round dot that severely punishes attacks that hit multiple times per round which 2 of the 3 critters use regularly.
    Ability 3 called Leech life is not strong against critters but heals for 300 and does roughly 150 damage with a cooldown of only 1 round making the Ash Spiderling extremely tanky.

With the pets obtained and the macros created it is once again time to start the Aster software. 2 Workstations / mouse and keyboard on workstation 1 and reboot. After the reboot move the keyboard and mouse to workstation 2 and start wow/the keyboard software. Set up the keyboard software to click 2,3,1,3 with endless repeat and a time interval between clicks of 7000 milliseconds. The difference to the 15-60 method is that with pet battling a small amount of moving around is required meaning that you should leave the keyboard on workstation 2 and only move the mouse back to workstation 1 and use the onboard keyboard if you really have to type something on work station 1.

I usually watch a movie or something on the main monitor while on monitor 2 I click the flying mount key, use w,a,d,spacebar,x to fly around searching for critter pets,click the macros placed on 4 and 5 to target the critter pet and then tab to interact with the target aka start a pet battle (the range from which you can start pet battles is surprisingly big). The pet battle itself can be afkaed thank's to the keyboard software battling for you. (Make sure the keyboard software always runs not just when battling)

Again it sounds somewhat complicated but you should get the hang of it in no time and spend no more than 10 seconds in between afkable pet fights looking for more pets. (Watch out for high level mobs although they are very easy to avoid in valley of four winds)
    Last edited by Alkhan; 12-16-2018 at 03:55 PM.

Afk/semi afk leveling using 1-2 monitors and 1-2 programs
  2. Thanks Neer, gippy, Scumstation (3 members gave Thanks to Alkhan for this useful post)
    Neer's Avatar Trend Rider Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    177/828
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best first post I've ever seen Really nice guide, thanks!

gippy's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    293/139
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good guide.

For the second battle pet part you could skip all the flying around and sit behind the house in mistvale village in the vale of eternal blossoms (i've leveled 100s of pets and a few characters here). Download tdbattlepetscript + tdbattlepetscript_rematch + rematch, script yourself a macro for a fight then have your program just repeatedly press a to cycle through the whole pet battle.

I'd try make a script myself but i suck at it, theres a good guide here to what i mean

Xu-Fu's Pet Battle Strategies

Alkhan's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by gippy View Post
    Good guide.

For the second battle pet part you could skip all the flying around and sit behind the house in mistvale village in the vale of eternal blossoms (i've leveled 100s of pets and a few characters here). Download tdbattlepetscript + tdbattlepetscript_rematch + rematch, script yourself a macro for a fight then have your program just repeatedly press a to cycle through the whole pet battle.

I'd try make a script myself but i suck at it, theres a good guide here to what i mean

Xu-Fu's Pet Battle Strategies
    I'll give this a shot when I have time later. Thank's for the tip.

Edit: Great spot that makes afk leveling via pets possible. Sadly I'm legit not capable of figuring out that tdscripts addon. If somebody is willing to help let me know please. Ty

Edit 2: Ok i made the most simplistic semi embarrassing script possible just for the sake of getting the addon to work. (and even that took me half an hour of trial and error)

use(2)
    use(3)
    use(1)
    standby
    change(#2) [self(#1).dead]
    Uses the 3 pet abilities prioritizing 2 over 3 and 3 over 1.
    If abilities can't be used due to sleep or stun effect the addon passes 1 round.
    If all 3 abilities can't be used and round can't be passed due to pet 1 being dead addon picks pet 2 for the battle.

Edit3: @gippy in what particular spot are you standing? I'm getting a lot of "can't start pet battle" errors due to the 1 big rock and 1 little rock inbetween the eternal strider's. Also doesn't help that the start pet battle animation moves the character.
    Last edited by Alkhan; 12-17-2018 at 07:50 AM.

6. Thanks gippy (1 members gave Thanks to Alkhan for this useful post)
    Rybeos's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awsome, thank you

piemelmans555's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good method, but it takes me like 1 hour to level up, is this the fastest way possible?

Alkhan's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by piemelmans555 View Post
    good method, but it takes me like 1 hour to level up, is this the fastest way possible?
    Not the fastest way that's for sure. More of a convenient/easy to set up way.

Fastest way would probably be farming rares with server hopping but I have no experience with that.

Wombatz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am not sure but i think that server hop thing is fixed.

but i'm not sure tho