0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rimk's Warrior PvP guide

First of all - This guide is entirely my own, Based on my experianced with my main WoW character, A level 60 warrior. Written by me - Rimk.
    I'm not going to go in mass spec discussion or gear discussion, Only thing I will mention that a combo of Arms (Mortal Strike) with the rest in Fury is the best way to go, If you're a lower level (Twink perhaps) get Crulty maxed for PvP.. Anyway this guide is based for level 60's. What weapon do you use? A 2H, As slow as you can get - The bigger max damage the better. A good free one at 51-60 is Ice Barbed spear, Which you just need to win AV once to get - Get the quest from Alterac Mountains. Moving on to the 'How to beat's'..

**ROGUE**
    No doubt the as soon as the duel starts, The rogue will stealth. Stay as CLOSE as possible to the rogue as the duel begins, Try and guess where he is. Now, Quickly do Bloodrage to generate 10 rage - And dp Demoralizing Shout instantly. Demo. Shout breaks stealth if they are within 15 Yards, and because of Bloodrage you'll get two chances to use this. Great for getting the bastards out of stealth at the first part of the fight. Now, If this fails, you will be no doubt stunlocked, so use your PvP trinket to get free. Now the rogue is out of stealth, you can proceed to kick his a$$. Firstly slap a Hamstring on him, Followed by a Rend to prevent him going back into stealth. Keep a rend on him as long as the fight lasts. During the fight, if you get an overpower - Use it. Another nice method is to switch to Def. stance and disarm the rogue, making them useless for about 15-20 seconds. Mortal strike at any oppertunity, And if all else fails Thunderclap and slap another Demo. shout on him to keep his attack's minimum. Overall, Rogues are tough (Epic'd ones anyway), But very beatable.

**PRIEST**
    Now no matter what you've heard - Priests are damn hard to beat, especially with the recent spec changes. No doubt you have very slim chances of winning vs. most priests and unless you get lucky, You're probably dead. However the best guidence I can give is to Shadowmeld (If you're an elf) at the start of the fight and charge him, followed by a rend, Beserker stance, pummel anything which you see him casting, and overpower and mortal strike as much as possible. Mortal strike is crucial here - use it to your advantage. All I can say is.. Good luck ^.-

**PALADIN**
    Can be a hard battle - can be an easy one, depending on the Pallys style and how experianced he is. In order to beat a Pally - You need your first aid maxed to 300 and a few Runecloth bandages. To start the battle, try and get a charge in as best you can. Instantly hamstring him - But do not rend, This is crucial. Knock him down as much as you can using any Overpower chances and Mortal Strike as much as possible, And if you get some spare rage, Disarm him. If he stuns you, Make sure you trinket out of it. Some pallys stun you and then try and heal - If this is the case, Trinket out of stun and get beserker stance on asap and Pummel him like there's no tomorrow. If he just keeps attacking you, Just let him, He isn't gonna do so much anyway. Once he's getting low on HP, If he plays the usual style, He will bubble. Oh no you say? Wrong. As soon as he bubbles, Get your bandage on you, And he's pretty much dead if you manage that. Just MS him to death, etc after that, Just like another Warrior. Why did I say don't Rend? If he uses his PvP trinket early on in the fight, You can use Intimidizing Shout - He'll be unable to do anything for 8 Seconds, which is 2 seconds more than the bandage time, So you have time for a full bandage. Kick his ass. Takes practise, But doable.

**Mages**
    Now I agree with everyone else - Mages are the hardest battle you'll face. They can stop you from moving, Sheep you (Or now pig you), Blink OUT of stun, and get 1.5k crits on Plate. Ouch. Yes, they hurt alot, And you are usualy almost guranteed to die. When they freeze you so you cant move, Trinket out, But don't intercept (Unless they've just used blink alredy). Save intercept for after a blink, And pummel anything you can, aswell as trying your hardest to Mortal Strike and overpower if you have the chance. Keep a hamstring on a mage at all times. The only real way to beat a mage is to outgear them - Get The Unstopable Force from AV (Check Alakazahm^^) and go mace spec.. This way you can charge, Probably stun them on the first hit you make and hamstring them at this point, trinket out of their freeze, intercept after they blink and hope you'll 2-shot them or have a Mortal Strike. Just try your best.. Don't worry if you can't beat them.

**HUNTER**
    Hunters can be hard, and can be easy. If they're a good PvPing hunter, They'll lay a trap down before the fight so that when you charge you'll be Ice'd up and unable to move. Now be carefull - If they are smart, They will have placed another trap without you seeing, So when you charge again you will be frozen again. What I usualy do is try and walk around the inter in his dead zone untill he moves away from the spot he stands at, then hamstring and rend him so you do damage to him while avoiding his trap. You'll eventually see the trap, and it will disapir. When it does, Rend him again, Mortal strike him, Overpower him. Ignore his pet totally, And if anything, use it to get some free rage. If he gets too distant, Intercept or Intimi shout to keep him close, followed by a hamstring. After that proceed to kick his ass with a combo of Overpowers and Mortal strikes. If it's a noob hunter, He wont even trap, so you can just charge him and beat the absolute crap out of him. I very rarely loose against a hunter.

**DRUID**
    A good druid can kick a warriors ass, Simple as that. However, It's nice to know most druids arn't good druids. If they're fully epic'd and you're not, You may aswell forget the duel, Unless he's a total retard. Some cat form and stealth at the start and attack you, Just use the rogue trick with Demo. shout as I said above to deal with this. Hamstring and beat the crap out of them with Overpower and Mortal strike. If they're a good druid, They'll bear after cat form and try and beat you up. Just Sunder them a few times (I use 3) and use the normal beating up method of Overpowering when you can, and Mortal Strikes of teh doom. When they're getting to just below half health they'll probably get out of bear into elf or tauren form, at this point get your ass into Beserker stance and pummel anything green that comes out of their hands - Either healing, or entangaling roots. If they root you, shoot them, beserker rage to get extra, and intercept when done. You can beat a druid, But a druid can beat you.

**WARRIOR**
    My personal favrote to fight. If it's a duel, Inspect your enimie and check his gloves and weapon - Check for either a Weapon Chain onthe weapon, Or an 'Immune to Disarm' on his gloves. If he has either of these, Your chances of winning have gone down by about 30%. Anyway, Presuming he isn't immune to disarm, When the duel starts spam your charge hotkey (Dont matter if you both get the charge.. You just want the rage) and instantly hamstring him, Bloodrage for extra rage, Quickly change to defense stance and Disarm him, Followed by a Demo. Shout. Now get back into Battle or Beserker and kick the crap out of him while you can, as usual overpowering and MS'ing when you can. Sunder him 3 times if you have some rage to spare, and if you're starting to loose Rend and Thunder clap him. Having battleshout up before a warrior duel does help a substancial amount - As with most other duels. If the warrior majorally outgears you, He'll probably win, But it's not to say you can't.

**SHAMAN**
    Hmm, This can be a tricky one if you don't have much experiance fighting Shammys. First of all, Try your best to get a charge in. The extra rage is crucial.. If you can't get a charge in, Use Bloodrage. Alright, Now you should have some basic rage to get things going - Hamstring him, Rend him. He will no doubt stack a few totems down - Take these down immediatly, as these are probably where most of his DPS comes from. Take them down and he's not so tough anymore. Moving on through the duel, Keep the general attack style up, Overpowering and Mortal Striking where possible. Mortal strikes are important to keep his healing minimum - And if you suspect he's going to heal, Beserker stance and get ready to Pummel. Whirlwind after a pummel if you have the rage to take him down ASAP, And if he trys to run intercept and beat his ass down. After a few practices of getting rid of the totems then retargeting the shammy straight away, You should eventually find Shammys are pretty easy duel. I also use about 3 sunders on Shammys if I have the rage - That helps quite a substancial amount, And ofcourse battleshout + demoralizing shout helps as always.

**WARLOCK**
    These can be tricky.. If the lock is totally epic'd to the brim, Your chances are slim unless you have full epix. Never the less, The best way to approach a lock is to charge them asap, and then *instantly* get your ass into Beserker stance. There are two crucial abilitys here, Pummel, And Beserker rage. Now if he's a 'common' warlock, He will fear you. But don't worry - Just hit Beserker rage, and Tada, You're no longer feard. Next time you see his hands light up black/dark purple, Pummel! Mortal strike and hamstring the guy to get him down as fast as you can, And overpowers are quite usefull here. I find it funny to stack a sunder or two on him just to piss him off, But there really is no need.. ^.- If he gets too far away, Intercept and hamstring him.. Ignore his Imp/Pet/Whatever he has out, They are usualy best just to ignore, Or if you can, Intimidating shout them away. An easy duel if played right, But lately it seems some locks are starting to use Deathcoil, Which Beserker Rage doesn't brake. Buhuu. Never the less, Practise these duels and you can probably win them 7/10 times.

-Rimk, Level 60 Warrior
    -Feedback is welcome ^^
    Last edited by Rimk; 07-14-2006 at 12:50 PM.

Rimk's Warrior PvP guide
    warriorspwn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great PvP guide! I really liked it! +rep
    warriors and i dont JUST own...... we PWN!

Rimk's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks.. Just thought that alot of the other guides I read had no clue how to play a Warrior >_>

Ced's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice i really liked it

Edit: I am missing Shaman
    Last edited by Ced; 07-08-2006 at 07:32 AM.

Matt's Avatar Legendary Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    2/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +rep thanks for shariing

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why's it moved to general? It's a guide ;P
    And you're right, I missed Shaman. If there's demand, I'll write one?

Ced's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah.. Shaman is the one i lose most from :P except mage xD

Warlock too plz :P lol
    Last edited by Ced; 07-08-2006 at 11:50 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'll write a Shammy + Warlock one soon then.. I'll try and get Matt to move this back to the guide section first o.O

Ced's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rimk /thank

Amedis's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh, I wrote a beginners guide to the warriors, focuses on the builds, stats, roles in group, leveling places, etc. One of these days Ill get around to writting a pvp one
    Vote for MMOwned everyday at these two sites!
    Vote Here and Vote Here
    Give Reputation For Helpful Posts!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    14/7/06 - Updated with both Shaman and Warlock guides.