0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Level an alt to level 60

Get yourself a mage to send you to Pandaria

Get to Valley of the Four Winds

Fight Critters in areas that don't have a lot of nearby mobs

Get about 11-13k per battle with Heirlooms and buffs

You can also use this method to level up low level pets while you're at it.

How to level  60-120 and level up pets!
    ezekiel31's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I already do this but I get around 9k xp. I did notice that when you have a pet lower level than the one you are fighting, you get bonus XP for difficulty. So I want to understand properly the OP's method with level 1 pets. Any idea?

Thanks

Nnronn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Nnronn; 09-16-2018 at 03:51 PM.

ezekiel31's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Nnronn View Post
    If I can recall, you can only have 1 of these so after it leveled to 25, you're done. I don't understand how to do this lol

series6's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    7/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are doing this method then make sure to grab the following:

Wow addons:
    Rematch link here - helps you save pet teams that auto load for Pet Battle Masters (who give more xp).

TdScript which helps you use scripts for pet battles - so instead of alt tabbing to recall a pet battle boss strategy you can use the script and/or make your own easily and simply - link here also adds a button to help power through pet battles and level faster.

A keyboard where you can edit the key presses so that holding a key down will press the key multiple times. Makes for faster pet battles.

Heres a list of scripts but there are many more over at Xu-Fu's Pet Battle Strategies

For the best XP you need a repeatable Pet Battlemaster - the 2 best are listed below and you can gain an 2 to 5 or even more levels on a character by doing back to back battles all day. Catch is the Masters are only up every now and then - which isnt too bad as its a pretty boring way to level. But it works.

Every 15 days use your Garrison to battle Squirt for a huge XP boost. Even better during the pet battle bonus events. A good way to level alts to cap over a few months of sporadic pet battles.

As good as Squirt is the World Quest Pet Masters in Stormheim called Beast of Burden (2 blokes) - but only battle Anders and you can spam battle the boss and the WQ will not complete. Awesome XP for this type of levelling.

Check up on the XuFu Pet page to see which pet battle masters are up to boost the levelling of both pets and character.

Sure its slower than questing but you end up with a full house of pets to sell and use to beat the Celestial Tournament, Wailing Caverns Pet Dungeon and The Deadmines Pet Dungeons plus the other secret battles.
    Last edited by series6; 09-18-2018 at 05:34 AM. Reason: (edit spelling)

6. Thanks jomo666 (1 members gave Thanks to series6 for this useful post)
    Flavius's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    24/30
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to do pet battle leveling in the Valley of the Four Winds too a few years ago, there are some great spots with tons of critters and no enemy mobs, so you can level pretty much any character without risk of aggro. I used to use the zandalar anklerender, it's usually at full HP at the end of the fight since it heals.

jomo666's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried this myself, but found the following problems:
    - The "well-known" safe areas in the Valley of the Four Winds are crowded by other players, so it is hard to get the battle (add keybinding to: "interact with target" - helps a lot to be the first who battle the pets, but still...)
    - otherwise you will loosing time by finding pets without hostile mobs around...

So, developed the following method

1. Get your char to Boralus (for example by Mage portal)
    2. go to approx.: /way 62 16 (jump down behind the Boralus flight master, get in the water and get to the wooden patio across the water - here is Boaralus civilian fishing)
    3. here around the scared NPC (named Trigarde Trader) are many common critters and nearly always ONE-TWO battle pets.
    4. their respawn time are pretty fast, you will never run out of "battle-able" pets.
    5. at lvl 60 you will get approx. 9k XP.
    6. The best is

- no hostile mobs around - safe place
      - No competition here(!!!) - you're probably phased out as low lvl without proper Boralus permit - I'm not sure about this, but NOBODY else battled pets here in the last 4 days...
    7. The problem is - you will get nearly everywhere the "The Pet Battle Area is Obstructed" message
    8. But the good news is - here are few small places to stay where you always CAN battle - just stay around the coordinates: 62.94 16.48
    9. after few battles you will easily move to the "right place" - as here is a noticeable "hole" in the wooden floor...

Now the best part - this allows Semi-AFK leveling. (sort of - e.g. watching movies or reading book and every 2-3 minutes (when the scripted pet battle finished) do one 5 second long action in the game - start the new pet battle)

Pre-reqs:
    • install the pet-battle-scripting addon: tdBattlePetScript from Curseforge.
    • have lvl25 Emerald Proto-Whelp. (unfortunately it is hard to get one - probably you can use Anubisath Idol or some other pets too, but the Emerald proto whelp is really excellent here)
    • have some solution for pressing every second the key "A" (programmable keyboard, external program, etc...)

Step-by-step:
    1. add TWO leveling pets to the slots 1 and 2 (best when they're lvl6+)
    2. add the whelp to the slot 3
    3. move yourself to the right place (where you will not get the "...is Obstructed" message...
    4. start the pet-battle (and the auto-pressing of the "A"(auto) key)
    5. wait for the scripted battle finish
    6. repeat from 3.

So using the above:
    - you will level up two pets (you can sell them), and yourself
    - do NOT need any "pet bandages", nor "revive battle pets" - nothing such - the Emerald Proto-whelp will kill all 3 pets and also will heal itself
    - (ok, in some rare cases when your leveling pets dies, you need revive them - therefore I found that the best is using lvl6+ pets for leveling)

The script:

Code:
    if [ self(#1).active ]
        use(#1) [ enemy.round=1 ]
        change(#2) [ enemy.round>1 ]
        use(#1) [self(#1).active]
    endif

if [ self(#2).active ]
        change(Emerald Proto-Whelp:1167)
        use(#1) [self(#2).active]
    endif

if [ self(Emerald Proto-Whelp:1167).active ]
        standby [self.aura(Stunned).exists]
        use(Emerald Dream:598) [ self.hp<400 ]
        use(Emerald Bite:525) [ self.aura(Dragonkin:245).exists ]
        use(Emerald Dream:598) [ self.hp<600 ]
        use(Emerald Presence:597) [ !self.aura(Emerald Presence).exists ]
        use(Emerald Presence:597) [  self.aura(Emerald Presence).duration <= 1]
        use(Emerald Dream:598) [ self.hp<800 & self.aura(Emerald Presence).duration >= 3]
        use(Emerald Presence:597)) [enemy.aura(Underwater:830).exists]
        use(Emerald Presence:597)) [enemy.aura(Flying).exists]
        use(Emerald Presence:597)) [enemy.aura(Underground:340).exists]
        use(Emerald Bite:525)
    endif
    In short, this will use the first ability of the 1st pet, then swap to pet 2 and immediately swap to the emerald proto-whelp and the whelp will solo all 3 pets here (regardless which ones are generated to battle)...

The script is VERY conservative, the Whelp heals itself too often (you can make a faster one) but this is for safety - you really do not need watch the battle and the script will work in 99% cases ...

That's all - this is SLOW, but as it is semi-AFK I don't care much about the speed...

Ps: Sorry for the long post (probably full of errors) - but because my english isn't my main I rather trying to write more text to be understandable.

9. Thanks gippy, aionic11, Kaizuken, series6 (4 members gave Thanks to jomo666 for this useful post)
    Ruinit's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen pet battle bots on my server to handle pet battles and move around like wrobot and hb use to but have been unable to find out who makes the bot botters obviously will not respond when I ask .. lol

jevinsam's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While i was searching for a good power leveling guide on Youtube, I stumbled upon a guys' comment. Apparently, there is a super quick way to level, which I wanted to share with you.

Make sure to have 3 lvl25 Moths.

Get a port to Pandaria.

Get a 2-man-mount ride to the destinated location or walk there (die, rezz, rinse, repeat).

Location is at the pet "No-No" in south-western Vale of Eternal Blossoms at a small pond

Get into pet battles with the local golden civets found there (don't fight No-No, since you won't get much XP)

You can relax and level up fast!

The best way to level fast with this is with full heirloom wardrobe and war mode activated. I tried this with my Void Elf. Started with lvl 20 and reached lvl 48 just by pet battles and watching some shows / movies within a few hours. I got about 6000-7000xp per pet battle.

jevinsam's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As i said before in the previous post about leveling up using war mode, and now i have another method. Fury is the best warrior spec to level with, and it's probably up there in general. With war mode talents you get 2 leaps and near perma-enrage on bigger mobs. Ending every pull with execute means you have rampage for next mob. At 55 you get AoE buff with whirlwind cleave on ST attacks. It's very very quick, and you can mass pull with the self healing.
    Last edited by jevinsam; 12-01-2018 at 05:26 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12