0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[How To] Make an effective in-game business

Alright, so I'm here to teach you how to create an effective in-game business. If you want to sell your business out effectively, you need the right stuff going into it.

Things you will need:

- 1 or 2 "Creation Professions" (Enchanting/JC/Engi/BS/LW/Alch/Tailor)
    - A fair amount of recipes for said profession
    - A personality
    - Patience

Starting it off- Pick a name:
    First thing to do is quite fun, pick a name for your business. a good structure is to have your character's name in it, and then something that relates to what you will do for your customers.

My business is Enchanting and Jewelcrafting. My fabricated character's name is Rahsk. My business will now be named Rahsk's Gear Enhancement.

Let's get you known!- Making your macros:
    Alright, so you will need to advertise your business or else who would buy from you? You want to give yourself a name and stand out so people know you. I'm a troll shaman, and I have the Mojo pet from Zul'Aman. Troll theme it is.

Keep your macro sweet and simple, I try to keep it under 175 characters. State your name at the beginning of it, a short attention grabber, then what they can do to browse your wares. Here's Mine:

/2 -Rahsk's Gear Enhancement- 'Ey mon! Your gear be lackin' some serious Mojo? We can help you there! Whisper !enchant or !gem to see how RGE can bolster your gear today!

This is an effective advertisement, and it will stick in peoples minds if they get an enchant or gem from me. If you don't know what !enchant or !gem refers to, it's CraftList2, explained below. Now your customers will look in your CraftList2 directory, browse for what they want, and then have it in mind and the mats they will need when they whisper you. Less annoyances!

You also want to end with a thank you, a reminder to return, and a joke or happy note. Make one more macro that you will use for your customers every time they buy something for you. Remember to open up the chat box (whisper, party whatever) before you use this macro or else you will end up a fool! Use this macro once per customer, on every seperate buying occasion.

Thank you for supporting RGE! Remember, if you need any other enchants or gems we are always here for you. And don't forget, your my favorite customer!

With these macros made your customers will remember you, and most likely recommend you to friends if they need something more.

Make your life easier- Give them a directory:
    Customers always bugging you about what you have and the mats for it? Not anymore! Download CraftList2 ASAP and set it up so that you can EZmode your relationships with customers. When you get it downloaded, make sure to set it up for ease of use with clients.

1. Type /clist menu
    2. Click "Active Crafts"
    3. Click "Your Character's Name Here"
    4. Click "Profession's Name Here"

Now uncheck EVERY box that you won't want to sell. If your level 70 and you have Blacksmithing. You won't want to sell level 1-60 non-twink items. Your customers also won't want to deal with them clogging up their directory either! Uncheck them and pretend you don't even have them. Now they are limited to what you decide you're selling. Noobs be gone!

Never miss a client- Make a whisper box:
    Don't miss a single customer ever! It's important that you don't miss customers or else they will spread poor service rumors about you. Make a new chat box that only has the "whisper to" and "whisper from" commands active, and if you have a whisper it will blink.

You can use this to carry on conversations with clients without fast-scrolling trade channels screwing it up, and make sure you never miss a business opportunity. If you don't like it, then you don't need it, but it's a great way to carry on good business manners.

Tips:
    - The second you enter a city use your advertising macro. Use it roughly every 5 minutes to remind people you're there, but while still not spamming the trade channel.
    - ALWAYS be courteous to your customers.
    - If a customer asks for something you don't have, offer them another option (fudge the truth of why it's the better choice), but don't force it if they don't want it.
    - At least when starting, don't get into public arguments or childish things in public. You want to be successful, act it.
    Last edited by Rahsk; 12-03-2007 at 06:00 PM.

[How To] Make an effective in-game business
    Hagdawg's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: [How To] Make an effective in-game business

Hey nice Guide something I might suggest tho for the whisper issue is to use an addon called Wow Instant messenger it works like and IM program but in wow so each whisper will create its own window. I love this thing and it helps to keep conversations straight.

Here is a Link

WIM (WoW Instant Messenger) | World of Warcraft @ Curse.com

kvnthegod's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice on both of you guys. +rep all around!
    0mg ur s0 l337 r0xx0rs! But 1 4m 4 c3r71f13d n1nj4...

dark_chief's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice guide. +rep

Eski's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good job. +Rep.

egilbreath121's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Start with building a strong cross-functional team. You can read more at https://perfectial.com/blog/make-a-cross-functional-team-work/. I think that it si a key aspect of achieving success.