Tips and Tricks for leveling in BFA and a checklist for Weeks 1 and 2! (not mine) menu

User Tag List

vv3's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    9/42
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tips and Tricks for leveling in BFA and a checklist for Weeks 1 and 2! (not mine)

Hey, I've found an awesome guide for the first 2 weeks of BfA on reddit here:

Tips and Tricks for leveling in BFA and a checklist for Weeks 1 and 2! : wow

I'm pasting the content below, please do not rep me, it's not my content, I just thought it can help a lot of folks here, as it did for me

Also don't focus on the suggested addon too much, there's a lot of good tips after it.

Hi! I am Jtech and I have just leveled my 7th character on beta for BFA. I wanted to take a second to write down some tips and tricks for everyone to help make your leveling experience and first week of BFA as strong as possible. This will be broken down to Leveling, First Week, and Maintenance.

Leveling:

So, the initial leveling process is probably the longest it has been in an expansion in a long time. My first play through, it took me about 12 hours to finish every single quest in every single zone. Needless to say, due to leveling 7 times, my last leveling was done by a ret pally and took me just over 8 hours and completed every quest in the Horde zones. There are a few tips I would like to give for leveling in BFA.

First: Azeroth Auto Pilot is a fantastic addon for those who just want to get the leveling done and have 0 desire to read text and watch cutscenes. I have submitted a lot of feedback to the developer over the course of its creation and after doing a play through on both Horde and Alliance I can strongly recommend this addon. For those who want to watch cutscenes, I am somewhat positive that there is an option to not skip cutscenes. I strongly recommend trying this out once BFA launches because even if you don’t skip the cutscenes the proper pathing and skipping of quest text will save you a lot time. I would like to note that the only zone where I encountered an issue was in Vol’dun where the pathing seemed a little off from what would make logical sense, but I have submitted that feedback to the dev and hopefully he has corrected it. THIS ADDON IS COMPLETELY OPTIONAL AND IF YOU DON’T WANT TO USE IT YOU DON’T HAVE TO. IM JUST GIVING PEOPLE INFORMATION FOR THOSE WHO LEVEL ALTS/HAVE PLAYED THROUGH THE STORY BEFORE/OR JUST WANT TO GET LEVELING DONE ASAP.

Second: I have found that the most effective way to level (which comes as no surprise to many) has been using the leggos KJBW and Sephuz’s. KJBW allows you to complete nuke down packs of mobs no problem on a 75 second cd and since the damage doesn’t fall off you can clear 10+ mobs in seconds.Edit KJBW has been nerfed to do half the damage that it normally did. It is now a 3.2k Nuke on 75 second cd that doesn't fall off. Though it is sightly more balanced, that does make me sad. I still believe that it is probably the best leggo still to level with but I will do some more research to confirm. Sephuz’s is nice for the MS boost and the proc is no joke. I highly recommend these for every class.

Third: Don’t skimp out on consumables. I recommend getting 20 flask, 20 Drums, 40 Runes/Food, and about 20 pots. If you are Horde I HIGHLY recommend about 40 Goblin Gliders, it will make your life so much easier. Consumables are pretty cheap right now (on my server at least) and I do recommend you stock up. Ask a friendly mage for some food before you start leveling so you don’t have to waste your buff food.

Fourth: This is very important; do not vendor the gear you obtain while leveling. There is a new mechanic introduced in BFA called the Scrapper which allows you scrap your gear for trade goods which will be very important for rep and AP grinding (will talk about it more later). Usually after I clear a zone, I will head to the scrap bot and scrap all my greens/blues to clear my bag for the next zone.

Fifth: As for Azerite Armor, I recommend getting the Chest first from Magini and if you do Vol'dun first, the first piece you can get will be a Head and the final piece from the zone with be Shoulders. That will give you all 3 pieces of Azerite Armor when you leave the first zone which will help out. If you are leveling a different spec from what you plan on playing, (i.e leveling as a dps when you plan to heal/tank) you will receive at least 2 pieces from every zone then 1 piece from starting the War Campaign that you can choose your Main Spec trait for. Pick the traits that will help you level the fastest.

Lastly: The zone order I recommend for Horde is Vol’dun- Zuldazar- Nazmir. Vol’dun is definitely the most challenging of the bunch and having the use of your Legion gear and leggos will smooth this zone out. Nazmir is the easiest of the bunch which is nice when things start to get a little grindy past 116. For Alliance, I recommend Drustvar- TS- Stormsong. Same logic as the Horde side, in my opinion Drustvar is the hardest and Stormsong is the easiest for when it gets grindy. I would recommend you waiting to do any of the War Campaign until you are capped because it just takes you out of the way. I also recommend not killing a single rare mob or picking up a single treasure because in my experience it is just not even remotely worth it. The gear scales up on the rare mobs so its smarter to keep them till 120 anyways. After you are done leveling, I do recommend taking the time to do all the quest at the Faction Outpost in your enemy territory. They do provide rep for the Honorbound which helps. Most of them are quite easy. If you do not level in Warmode, you will usually hit 114 from your first zone, 117 from your second, and cap 120 about 2/3 in your final zone.

First Week Checklist:

So, for the first week checklist, this is all the stuff I recommend you accomplish your first week in order to get a really solid start in BFA.

First: Get Loremaster for your faction and finish every quest in every zone including the ones in the opposite faction’s zone. This will give you a nice start for reputation and give you access to practically every flight point. If you do them all at the beginning, you don’t have to worry about going back and finishing them.

Second: Cap your Island Expeditions for the AP reward. Leveling your Heart of Azeroth is extremely important because of all your items it gives you the most stats and it also unlocks traits of your Azerite Armor. This will be a very important item throughout the expansion and you want to have it as high as possible as quickly as possible.

Third: Do Warfront when you can (if they open for the first week which I haven’t read anything that says they aren’t) because it gives a 370 piece of gear and gives you access to Arathi Highlands where you can kill a world boss and do quest for rep. They did remove the 355 drops (despite what Preach said in his last video, I just went and checked it before typing this up) and they only drop 280.

Fourth: When the enemy faction controls the Warfront, you get access to 11 quests that allows you to trade materials for AP and honorbound rep. This is huge because you get 750 AP per turn in and 500 rep per turn in which gives you a total of 8250 AP and 5500 rep; that is a massive amount. All the material you got from scrapping all your leveling gear will come in handy here and I imagine that you will be able to trade other players for different turn ins. I highly recommend trying your best to do all 11. Also, this will be a great opportunity to make some serious cash for your profession because people will be buying the same items in bulk.

Fifth: World Quest are back and are still important for leveling your Heart of Azeroth and gaining rep. I do recommend you do these in Warmode for the additional bonuses but if you don’t like PvP I would at least suggest doing a clear of all the quest that don’t give AP in Normal mode then going back and clearing the ones that do give AP in Warmode for the bonus. Emissaries are back and work the same way though it is very important to hold off on any emissary quest that gives you gear until you are at least 310 item level. Once you hit 310 item level, the reward jumps to 340 loot instead of 325? (its somewhere around that area). Try to delay these the best you can, but don’t risk missing out on free loot.

Finally: Gearing happens in a pretty linear way for BFA. Once you hit 120, normal dungeons drop 310 and you need 305 item level to start heroics. Heroics drop 325 and I recommend doing Mythic at around 320. Mythic drops 340 and I highly recommend clearing every single mythic dungeon to give you the highest item level going into week 2. On launch, you will have access to 9 Mythic dungeons and there will be 1 dungeon that is gated behind honor bound rep; Siege of Boralus is gated for the Horde and King’s Rest is gated for the Alliance. I am not 100% sure on this, but I do not believe you will be able to obtain enough Honorbound rep to unlock those dungeons with the first week. Either way, its important to get a clear of all 9 dungeons first week to give you the most chances at loot. If PvP is more your thing gear starts at 280 and I am not 100 percent sure how PvP gear works for BFA. I will do more research and fill this in the best I can.

TLDR: Finish every quest available to you, do Island Expos to get your AP reward, do Warfronts to get your 370 box and access to quest, do the Warfront weeklys for rep and AP, do World Quest for Rep/AP/Emissary’s, gear via dungeons making sure you clear all 9 Mythic dungeons available to you.

Maintenance:

For the 2nd week of BFA, M+, Raids, and Rated PvP are still not open so there isn’t that much that you have to do. Do your Island Expos to level up your Heart of Azeroth, do WQs for rewards, do Warfronts and the 11 weekly quest turn ins, and run your Mythic Dungeons again to try to get the most gear before reset. I personally will be spending a lot of Week 2 farming mats for consumables for M+ and Raids but whatever you choose to do is up to you.

Warfront Turn Ins and Scrapper Usage:

So as of right now on Beta, these are the follow 11 turn ins for Warfront. These will change weekly and are random so this is just an example.

100 War Resources

100 Gold

15 Deadly Soulstone (JC)

Battle flag: spirit of freedom (Tailoring)

3 Enchant Weapon Stalwart Navigation (Enchanting)

60 Shimmerscale (Skin/LW)

3 War-Scroll of Battle Shout (Inscribe)

30 Seasoned Loins (Cook/Fish)

6 Crow’s Nest Scope (Engin)

2 Monel- Hardened Hoof-plates (BS/Mining)

20 Coastal Healing Potion (Alch/Herb)

As you can see, every profession is represented with these quest givers. What I was alluding too with the scrap bot is if you scrap your gear, you will have the mats required for someone who has this profession to be able to make the required item for you. That or you could trade other players for the items required for these turn ins. You will need the help of other players or a lot of gold in order to complete all 11 of these turn ins. Having a guild here will help a lot with this process.

I hope this information helps a lot for players that haven’t had the chance to play Beta and gives you an idea of what you should be trying to accomplish your first 2 weeks of BFA. If you plan on pulling all-nighters, please don’t be reckless and over strain yourself. People have died from lack of sleep. If you want some tips on staying up I recommend taking a nap before launch time, eating a healthy meal full of protein before launch, snacking on fruit and nuts (my personal go to is clementine oranges and almonds) while leveling, if you do decide to drink energy drinks I do recommend not getting the ones packed with sugar (I prefer no sugar no carb Redbull and G-Fuel) and making sure you drink at least 2 bottles of water in between every energy drink so you stay hydrated and don’t crash. A good time to get some sleep is after you finish all the questing and you are 120 which again will take average played 10+ hours. Again, please don’t be stupid and end up hurting yourself over a video game; everyone must sleep at some point, so you won’t be too behind the curve.

If you have any comments or feedback for this, please feel free to share it. If I missed anything or stated something incorrect please let me know so I can fix it.

Good luck in BFA and regardless of your faction or how you play the game I sincerely hope you have fun!
    Last edited by vv3; 07-23-2018 at 10:49 AM.

Tips and Tricks for leveling in BFA and a checklist for Weeks 1 and 2! (not mine)
  2. Thanks roifok (1 members gave Thanks to vv3 for this useful post)