Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Max Movement Speed

Hello there folks.

Farming old raids and dungeons has always been a popular activity for many players because it allows you to have a shot at obtaining rare stuff, pets, mounts, achievements or w/e.
    And since Blizzard has nerfed mobility for almost every class in Legion, running old content has become slower and less comfortable.
    Now, while demon hunters shine in terms of getting around, I would say that they can be rivaled by outlaw rogues who I believe can achieve the maximum permanent movement speed on foot.

Base movement speed: 100%.
    +15% speed: [Fleet Footed] passive ability (learned at level 58 )
    +15% speed: [Hit and Run] talent (unlocked at level 30)
    +10% speed: [Minor Speed] enchant (cannot be applied to items higher than ilvl 600):
    +2% speed: [Gift of Versatility] enchant (can be applied to a cloak of any ilvl):

Total: 142% passive speed.

Now, why outlaw?
    You're obviously going to use The Dreadblades as your main weapons, those blades have a hidden ability [Taste of Blood] which increases your speed by 2% after killing a humanoid enemy. While 2% might seem a minor increase, this buff stacks to 10, so after killing 10 humanoids you'll run 20% faster. Lasts 30 seconds.

So... 142% passive + fully stacked [Taste of Blood] = 162% speed.

More than that, [Bear Tartare] food buff increases your speed by 70% for 5 seconds after killing any enemy (credits to advanta for pointing that out!).

So with all those buffs applied you can run at 232% speed.
    You can also sprint on a 1 minute cooldown, however it won't increase your speed beyond 232%. Use when [Taste of Blood] is absent.

It's possible to achieve 147% passive speed if you go assassination and pick the [Nightstalker] talent (only works while stealthed though).

Some WoD and Legion items also have a passive speed increase as a tertiary stat, I can confirm it can increase the speed you run at even further (got an item with +559 speed which increases my running speed by 6%, resulting in 148% passive).

List of items/enhancements which DON'T increase speed any further:
    [Figurine - Golden Hare]
    [Defiler's Leather Boots]
    [Swift Skyflare Diamond] and all this kind of gems.

Slightly offtopic:
    Handy macro which allows you to spam one button and destroy big packs of lower level mobs as an outlaw rogue (turn on Blade Flurry first):
    /cleartarget [dead]
    /targetenemy [noharm, nodead]
    /castsequence reset=2 Marked For Death, Run Through

And since people tend to argue unless they're provided with a proof, here's a video.

Hope it helped! Enjoy!
    Last edited by Nidana; 12-02-2016 at 03:50 AM.

Max Movement Speed
  2. Thanks Niek, Barbok (2 members gave Thanks to Nidana for this useful post)
    anti's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if this has changed.

moniak's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/14
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Farming Hearth of Fear stop today, Just Check and blizz do it.
    Cannot reset Heart of Fear. There are players still inside the instance
    So now u can only get out and In.

Niek's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    24/41
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rocket boots Xtreme and Nitro boosts, also Runeblade of Baron Rivendare also stacks for people who can wield 2h weps. And Glider can help loads in some places.
    Then ofcourse you have certain legendaries that also increase run speed for most classes. also a trinket set that gives movement speed on kills, and yeah Stacking the Speed stat also help out enormously, However a DH that stacks mastery ontop of all this would be the fastest. a fun thing is that all this speed stacks with the Raft from nat pagle and you could be as fast as an epic flying mount over water (while still be able to atack).

I've been playing WoW for pretty long now and i've always focused on stacking speed. Back in Wotlk i would get on the back of my mate's Travel form to give him Aspect of the Pack,
    He would grab the flag in WSG and then Rocketboots Xtreme > Slowfall from ramp right into our tunnel with 730% speed. after that blizz decided to nerf stacking speed stuff lol xD... but its nice to see some of it is back!

The fastest way to travel is still Falling Flame at 1416% speed or around that.(apart from Teleporting lol)
    Monkeyspeed is a nice addon to keep an eye on your movement speed.

have fun!
    Last edited by Niek; 01-08-2018 at 08:12 AM.