2/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For all those who are still leveling from scratch

For those who didnt notice or know, you can kill the new elites from Nagrand( draenor ) and have quite a huge chance to drop an Partially-Digested Bag that contains a:

Elixir of Ancient Knowledge - Item - World of Warcraft

I killed 3 of them at row and on each Partially-Digested Bag had 1 Elixir (the chances are 32% as far i saw on wowhead)

For all those who are still leveling from scratch
    TooPro.'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another good way to farm these is to join one of the rare-farming groups. We had a 25 man or so raid going flying around the map demoloshing them. I got about 3 within 15 minutes.

mrwong's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/7
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What would be the best use of these potion atm? with pet battle nerfed and stuff, i got 2 myself

TooPro.'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well here's what me and a friend, having one of those potions each, did:

We dinged Level 72 in Borean Tundra. We got quests from Coldarra, several form Borean Tundra aswell. Got some quests in Star's Rest and a lot of them in Wintergarde Keep since we are Alliance.

So then we went into Nexus and got the quests (didn't return them, once finished!). So in the end we had a quest log full of high-expirience-giving quests. Which means 25/25 quests.

So we drank the flasks, we went ASAP to return all the quests, we got absolutely MASSIVE expirience. Then we went instantly with a friend (LVL 90) for the Zul'drak Ring Of Blood quests. We got them, and then went to Gundrak (the nearest) ASAP.

Then went to Halls of Lightning (didn't finish it, just killed first boss for the Quest and XP.). Then we were already ready for Cata dungeons. So we logged out. We had our friend go to the Blackrock Mountains, so one of us would log our main and summon the leveling char (so you don't waste time with the flask). The other leveling char also gets summoned afterwards, but the one who is summoning, always logs out, just to spare Flask-time. So we went to Blackrock Caverns, Throne of the Tides, The Vortex Pinnacle, got all the quests, completed them while the Flask was still active.

With this friend boosting us in those high-lvl dungeons , we managed to max-out the gain from that flask and reached 83 within 1 (!) hour! So 72-83 in 1 hour is really insane. I recommend you doing this, don't waste the flask on killing mobs, or doing quests. You should either have 25/25 in the quest log beforehand, or do that smart thing i just explained

I highly recommend also for you and your friend to be in the same guild and buy the Standard of Unity, Battle Standard of Coordination , Banner of Cooperation. Use these on every greater pull or pack of mobs + bosses. Watch out for the 100 yard range, if the one, who put it down goes further than 100 yards the banner disappears. But since you (I assume) are both guildies, you always have 1 banner up per big pack of mobs, which yields in the dungeons (with the flask) massive expirience!

In order to benefit the most from this, we had full heirloom pieces. Head,Cloak,Chest,Legs and Wep + trinkets for more dmg.

Good luck! And happy power leveling!

P.S. DON'T DIE WHATSOEVER

Thanks G/R
    4/7
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ill consider that, im 60 atm so might just grind to 72 and do the same

TooPro.'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well here's what me and a friend, having one of those potions each, did:

We dinged Level 72 in Borean Tundra. We got quests from Coldarra, several form Borean Tundra aswell. Got some quests in Star's Rest and a lot of them in Wintergarde Keep since we are Alliance.

So then we went into Nexus and got the quests (didn't return them, once finished!). So in the end we had a quest log full of high-expirience-giving quests. Which means 25/25 quests.

So we drank the flasks, we went ASAP to return all the quests, we got absolutely MASSIVE expirience. Then we went instantly with a friend (LVL 90) for the Zul'drak Ring Of Blood quests. We got them, and then went to Gundrak (the nearest) ASAP.

Then went to Halls of Lightning (didn't finish it, just killed first boss for the Quest and XP.). Then we were already ready for Cata dungeons. So we logged out. We had our friend go to the Blackrock Mountains, so one of us would log our main and summon the leveling char (so you don't waste time with the flask). The other leveling char also gets summoned afterwards, but the one who is summoning, always logs out, just to spare Flask-time. So we went to Blackrock Caverns, Throne of the Tides, The Vortex Pinnacle, got all the quests, completed them while the Flask was still active.

With this friend boosting us in those high-lvl dungeons , we managed to max-out the gain from that flask and reached 83 within 1 (!) hour! So 72-83 in 1 hour is really insane. I recommend you doing this, don't waste the flask on killing mobs, or doing quests. You should either have 25/25 in the quest log beforehand, or do that smart thing i just explained

I highly recommend also for you and your friend to be in the same guild and buy the Standard of Unity, Battle Standard of Coordination , Banner of Cooperation. Use these on every greater pull or pack of mobs + bosses. Watch out for the 100 yard range, if the one, who put it down goes further than 100 yards the banner disappears. But since you (I assume) are both guildies, you always have 1 banner up per big pack of mobs, which yields in the dungeons (with the flask) massive expirience!

In order to benefit the most from this, we had full heirloom pieces. Head,Cloak,Chest,Legs and Wep + trinkets for more dmg.

Good luck! And happy power leveling!

P.S. DON'T DIE WHATSOEVER

Thanks G/R
    4/7
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did you write that 2 times? btw is it restricted to 1 per character?

gerger's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The potion was persisting on death aswell before WoD, did they changed it?
    Last edited by HI5; 11-23-2014 at 02:19 PM.

Hydroproxy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What elites did you kill or do you mean rares?

jimmys96's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    224/210
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by gerger View Post
    The potion was persisting on death aswell before WoD, did they changed it?

ps: Some reputation is welcomed.
    no, pot was removed on death in MoP. Also don't ask for rep.

tauna's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jimmys96 View Post
    no, pot was removed on death in MoP. Also don't ask for rep.
    Exactly this. Potion removed on death

Zantas's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any tips on using the potion from 10-85? I've got 6 of them at the moment and Planning on getting 10 or so. People talk a lot about how to use 60-85, but I want to start earlier around lvl 10 or 20.
    https://i45.tinypic.com/157df7r.jpg

Sylic's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys this works awesome!!

One question, can i kill the rare mob 30X per day and have a shot at getting the BAG?

Or does it only give the bag once a day?

Thanks!

jimmys96's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    224/210
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Zantas View Post
    Any tips on using the potion from 10-85? I've got 6 of them at the moment and Planning on getting 10 or so. People talk a lot about how to use 60-85, but I want to start earlier around lvl 10 or 20.
    RAF yourself and potion+dungeon spam at level 15 and up... should make it to around 50-55 on your first potion

gerger's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sylic View Post
    Guys this works awesome!!

One question, can i kill the rare mob 30X per day and have a shot at getting the BAG?

Or does it only give the bag once a day?

Thanks!
    You can get unlimited potions.. have like 9eating dust around

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast