0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best way to use elixir of Ancient Knowledge

I went from 57 to 75 with 1 Elixir of Ancient Knowledge today and couldn't find any posts about this method so i figured I'd share.
    What you need is an Elixir of Ancient Knowledge and either a second account or a nice friend.
    Basically the point is the buff does not drain the time when you logout.
    Get your leveling character to the outside of an instance that your friend or 2nd account can pull the entire place in 1 pull, but also near your level.
    For example from 57-64 I did ramparts. 67-74 i did utgarde.
    Now you either go inside or wait outside until your buddy pulls the entire instance and is standing close enough to the entrance that you will get exp from walking in or logging on.
    Then log in and tell him to kill them all, should take like 30 seconds or less to down the group.
    Go out of the instance and log out, friend resets, rinse and repeat.
    I can explain in more detail if people don't understand or want tips.

Best way to use elixir of Ancient Knowledge
    juliye's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    16/12
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never thought of it that way, nice guide and nice way of using the potion, have some rep from me =)

Now I better get my hands on one of the elixirs to get my hunter some free levels.....

Alondra's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    smart use of game mechanics very nice find op

Vehemity's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the "best" way to use it, is with the pet battle quest method. Where you meet the quest requirements on your main, and deliver the account-wide quests on your leveling alt.

Dabcake's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Vehemity View Post
    I believe the "best" way to use it, is with the pet battle quest method. Where you meet the quest requirements on your main, and deliver the account-wide quests on your leveling alt.
    I don't level pets so i don't know much about them. But if you have to spend any time flying from place to place i imagine it is worse than this method. You can get friends to help summon you from place to place then log off instantly. I could see that being great if you turn all the quests in in 1 place and don't care about leveling the character over a pretty long period of time(due to the pet quests being dailies?) I apologize if i am completely wrong about this because like i said, i don't do pets.

IChangedMyUsername's Avatar Contributor Dance! ;^) CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    257/65
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Vehemity View Post
    This is the best method. I made one potion last a few months and got 1-83 with it. Only ever logged on the character to complete the quests

MrClue's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    9/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Awkwerdness View Post
    This is the best method. I made one potion last a few months and got 1-83 with it. Only ever logged on the character to complete the quests
    LOL! It would be better to hand level the alt, than waiting one month with a stupid potion??? Meybee its faster "/played" but its damn slow irl, so whats the point in that? This thread is about fast leveling... Not spending an month? :gusta:

timebandit1's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by MrClue View Post
    LOL! It would be better to hand level the alt, than waiting one month with a stupid potion??? Meybee its faster "/played" but its damn slow irl, so whats the point in that? This thread is about fast leveling... Not spending an month? :gusta:
    seems like w/ dailies etc. there would still be a good use for this.
    pet battle dailies are rather quickly over and you'd get close to a lvl per battle if you do it right

i've got a 30ish rogue who would get close to a level or more per pet battle daily (just near start zones lol),
    if ONLY I had your elixir already ;

good method whether you use pet battle or friend method.
    most people can do a pet battle in less than a minute pve.

p.s. would having a Warlock friend help w/ pet daily boosting?
    Last edited by timebandit1; 09-06-2014 at 11:41 AM.
    "As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourishes. But the wind passes over, and soon all disappears; and his place will no more exist."

dcrvtec's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You folks are lucky...I can't even get one of these to drop and my alt is already 75, the long way

kcall20's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May someone link me a thread to the battle pet quest method? Or at least explain it. Seems interesting n I cant find it

freeanime's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    battle pet quest method (without Beast of Fable - FASTER):

1 - unlock the following pet tamers: Alliance up to Bill Buckler, Horde up to Dagra the Fierce

2 - put your hearthstone @ dwarven district, so you can turn in the 10 pvp wins quest fast (horde equivalent : set hearthstone close to the NPC for turning in this)

3 - set your character in front of Julia Stevens (first alliance pet tamer) or Horde equivalent in Durotar

4 - Drink Potion, beat Julia Stevens, turn in and switch character

5 - On your other character, do the following pet tamers: Old MacDonald (Westfall) Lindsay (Redrige Mts) Eric Davidson (Duskwoods) Bill Buckler (Cape of Stranglethorne) and Dagra the Fierce (horde, Northern Barrens). DO NOT TURN IN QUESTS. You can park mules in front of each tamer to speed up your run.

6 - OPTIONAL 1: during Darkmoon Faire, also do Jeremy Feasel with the boosting char (not your potion one).

7 - Log on your potion character, turn in the 5 quests in 10 secs. During Darkmoon faire, go also turn in Jeremy Feasel and step on the Carroussel Once for +10% XP,

and turn in the 10 pvp pet battles wins once a week with an hearthstone > run

8 - Repeat steps 4 to 7 the next Day.

battle pet quest method (with Beast of Fable - SLOWER AND CAN BE PKED):

1 - most pet tamers & battle pet quests have to be unlocked for this, you need to unlock the 3 Beast Quests (dailies aviable in your town in Pandaria)

2 - get a mage portal @ Vale of Eternal BLossoms. Once TP'ed, drink the potion & switch character

3 - On your other character, do the following pet tamers: Old MacDonald (Westfall) Lindsay (Redrige Mts) Eric Davidson (Duskwoods) Bill Buckler (Cape of Stranglethorne) and Dagra the Fierce (horde, Northern Barrens). DO NOT TURN IN QUESTS. You can park mules in front of each tamer to speed up your run.

4 - Now kill all the pandarian Beasts and complete the 3 Beast of Fable quests

5 - Login your potion char and turn in the 8 quests + once a week the 10 pvp pet battle wins.

The second method gives more XP but it takes AGES to kill all the beasts. I am lazy and prefer the first one.
    Last edited by freeanime; 09-07-2014 at 09:39 AM.

Sliptree's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by kcall20 View Post
    May someone link me a thread to the battle pet quest method? Or at least explain it. Seems interesting n I cant find it
    http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...-lazy-way.html (Leveling the Lazy Way)
    "A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men." --Willy Wonka