0/83
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10,000g Per Hour. The BRD "Mage Only" Farm Revisted

So today, im bringing back an oldie from my farmchest. It's what I've been using to help sustain the auction house system I've built up, and it works exceptionally well when the auction house is having a lull... And I just can't seem to find any good deals.

So instead of sitting around, I like to actually go out and get those profitable greenies myself.
    Just like a man should.

Updates: First of all, let me start with my biggest update to this farm: It's now doable by most night elf spellcasting classes. Meaning night elf priests and druids are fully able to complete this farm due to shadowmeld. So night elfs rejoice, you can also profit from the extensive gold this farm reels in.

For priests, either spec will work completely fine. There's no difference. Shadow would be far faster as your shadow nova spell should kill all the goblins in a single hit.

For boomkins, ferals, or guardians, just round them up and use the good ol' hurricane spam. The video below goes over the essentials of the farm from the perspective of a mage, to show you how this works.

How It's Done: To complete this farm, you'll be exploiting the goblins that auto respawn when you drop combat. They are attached to the blackrock spellcasters and will continue to respawn if killed if the spellcasters are still alive. To infinitely farm them, you'll need to keep the spell casters alive (Which is easy if your caster as they are immune to magic), all the while killing the goblins and breaking combat when necessary. You Need to have an ability that breaks combat to make this work. So far, according to my vast endless knowledge of warcraft, here they are:

Shadowmeld (All night Elves)
    Vanish (Rogues)
    Feign Death (Hunters)
    Invisibility (Mages)

Now tag on the fact that you need magic damage to keep the spell-casters unharmed and you get:

Night Elf Priests (All Specs)
    Night Elf Druids (All Specs)
    Hunters (All Specs)
    Mages

So if you have any one of those, then thats fine. It'll work. The rest of the guide is dedicated to making profits.

If you are building any sort of auction house Empire: Then price the greens as they are displayed on the global market medians. Even if they take longer to sell. Time has taught me, and other auctioneers, that the right buyers who know what the greens are worth will eventually find their way to your auctions. So price them as strictly as you can.

Working With Runecloth: The BRD farm is by far the best place to farm runecloth in the entire game. In just minutes you could get hundreds of pieces of runecloth that you couldn't of gotten anywhere else. And even better, because so few classes can pull it off effectively, theres much less competition and more room for filling that demand on your server.

Now on average, a stack of runecloth is usually purchased at 1g per piece. Some servers are much higher, some are pretty low. If you are on the higher side, then selling runecloth directly to the auction house is usually the best route to take. Especially since on some pulls you can get up to 4 stacks, and on average you'll hover around 2 stacks per pull. Tallying up to 40g every 1.5 minutes, in all cloth. However, if your willing to put in just a bit more effort you can make more gold regardless of your servers selling situation.

Making More Gold With The Runecloth Surplus (Profession): There's a couple of often very profitable things you can craft with your extra cloth. To make it simple, I've sliced it up by profession.

Professions

Enchanting & Tailoring: This tactic uses both enchanting and tailoring for making a good wad of extra profits. First, you take your stacks of runecloth and turn them into runecloth headbands. Then We'll need to disenchant them to get the mats required for the enchanting scrolls below:

- Mighty Intellect / 889g (Global Market Median)
    - +25 Agility / 695g (Global Market Median)
    - Healing Power / 690g (Global Market Median)
    - Mighty Spirit / 700g (Global Market Median)
    - Spellpower / 866g (Global Market Median)

Using your newly acquired greens, you can easily fuel most of the high-profit pre-tbc enchants twink enchants. Although you may have to find recipes to make it work, you'll find that they're definitely worth the effort. (I sometimes happen to snag over 1,000g for the +22 intellect enchant).

And here's the caveat: Just selling the mats you get from DE'ing the headband may be more profitable then selling the cloth itself. Because of an increased demand for Pre-BC enchanting supplies, some servers may favor the raw materials more than the runecloth headbands themselves. To check, just visit the http://www.theunderminejournal.com. Once there you'll be prompted to pick your server and search for the 2 week market price of any auction house item.

(Note that runecloth headband disenchants into Large Brilliant Shard 3% of the time - Greater Eternal Essense 23% and Illusion Dust x 20 74%)

And to satisfy the whiners and "He posted it first" men: I want to point out that I'm not the "founder" of this farm. Nope. Not In any way imaginable. It's been around for years and has been mentioned here, as well as a number of other forums, dating all the way back to BC. It's nothing new - it's just not talked about. Do a search and you can scramble up the older bits and pieces on it.

So why make this post? Well since then, this farm is all the more efficient. The difficulty has waned - cooldowns have been altered, racials changed, and people will most likely find the excess runecloth all the more desirable. With it you could:

Level your tailoring
    Make christmas suits
    Donate it for rep (lol)
    Or just make the extra gold.

Your choice. Anways, I hope you guys find this at least a bit useful. If so, ill be coming back for me.

- Peace

10,000g Per Hour.  The BRD "Mage Only" Farm Revisted
    matisyahu's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    11/35
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have a feeling its not yours and you just copy pasted it.
    not only that this has been reposted millions of times but its also in BWL not in BRD

ev0's Avatar ★ Elder ★ murlocs.com

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Need a guild in the US? Visit murlocs.com

stevesgamebox's Avatar Site Donator The AH Newbie Success Guy
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/83
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes It's BWL. You reminded me to fix it. I have a habit of associating the 2. Usually when I go to one, I visit the other.

CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/83
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by matisyahu View Post
    i have a feeling its not yours and you just copy pasted it.
    not only that this has been reposted millions of times but its also in BWL not in BRD
    Your feelings are wrong, so I won't have to address that.

As for the rest, yes, as stated in the OP the farm is well-known. I even wen't ahead and put it in bold text. If you won't even read it in it's entirety, then why leave a comment. As I'm pretty sure I added some other content that would made it clear it wasn't a copy and paste job.

matisyahu's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    11/35
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as i already said :
    1 you are explaining about the wrong zone so obviously you didnt find your self
    2 as sniffing already linked , it has been posted here before .
    you complain about me not completely reading your post when you didnt even read the rules to know that reposts arent allowed here , and that you should use the search function first

CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/83
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as i already said :
    you complain about me not completely reading your post when you didnt even read the rules to know that reposts arent allowed here , and that you should use the search function first
    as i already said :
    The first point is a skittish attempt to de-value what was posted.

But still, ill bite.

We've covered that I was not the first to find this.. It's even in bold, in the original post. And I've agreed that this was a repost.
    (It's now clear to me that even If I present updated information regarding a farm, it's still counts as reposting)

So we're clear there. No more on this.

As for the copying and paste claim, unless you can show evidence, it really holds no weight. And the best part is, im actually
    the guy, in the video. the video is mine, the content is mine, they we're created together.. as a package.

The channel link has been in my profile desc for a while now. And that's as far as ill take it..

And for your info, my avatar is also mine as well.. just incase you think I stole that too.

Augury13's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    424/74
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, i think all of the flame and arguing should stop because it's really pointless. In other words, you claim that this method is 10k/hr correct? Yet you only sold your 30 minutes of farming items for 2k... thats 4k/hr. then also maybe u sold the runecloth. maybe thats 7-8k/hr but still not 10. So get your facts straight if u didn't steal this post from anywhere else and just because u did it once doesnt mean its always the same.

rinleez's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget that priests of any class and any specs can do it with the ***** talent.

P.S. On my realm, all the other shit doesn't sell, and runecloth is like 5g per stack.

xHearts's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by tmanowen View Post
    Okay, i think all of the flame and arguing should stop because it's really pointless. In other words, you claim that this method is 10k/hr correct? Yet you only sold your 30 minutes of farming items for 2k... thats 4k/hr. then also maybe u sold the runecloth. maybe thats 7-8k/hr but still not 10. So get your facts straight if u didn't steal this post from anywhere else and just because u did it once doesnt mean its always the same.
    This is a good point. To be fair it's pretty difficult to put an actual number for gph for something like transmog farming, which can net you 0g or 50,000g depending on what kind of greens drop and how fast they move on your respective servers.

To add to the guide though, I've found out you can do this with any non-Night Elf caster classes (including warlocks and elemental shamans). If you notice the room after Vael where there are two packs of Dragonkin mobs, there are these barrels that you can jump on from the higher ledge where the suppression room starts. So after you kill all the technicians and loot, just run into Broodlord's room, jump down the ledge to the lower level of the suppression room, and then jump on the barrels to the farthest one.

After a few moments the caster mobs will stop moving and then evade, reset, and respawn the technicians. If you try this on a warlock you can drop a Demonic Circle by the grate where the first pack of technicians are so you don't have to run around the suppression room, too.

Fureezing's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of you really should go outside. The sun is out.

Ifritone's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    13/12
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a person that regularly reads through these forums , this has been posted before and is linked above , I can see peoples point of view of You cant put an exact amount of gold on a random drop farm .also I understand that on different realms there is different economies rattling this debate even further also at the start of the video it states its only for Mages when a number of different classes can also do this easily ,, But shouldn't this be deleted on the grounds that its a repost of a necro'd repost that has been discussed in depth

CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/83
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The farm pays in dividends. Like all farms, except the more popular items go first. The items eventually move months down the road if not everyday. All things considered, the farm does make 10,000g per hour, whether that gold comes the next day or the next week; if your posting daily - it will come.

As of now, combined with auction house sniping and the farms I upload on YouTube, I'm uploading upwards of a thousand auctions daily. This farm, along with many others - allows a break from the auction house..

And your right. The fighting is pointless, I'll refrain in future posts.

Bippy's Avatar I'm Back Baby Laykith's Master CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    5/4
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did a search and didn't see a copy of this anywhere, so the words he used are legit. Even though this exploit itself is a repost, he put time and effort into it. Also, it may not be the 10k/h but I have yet to see any guide that pumps out the promised amount every single time. +3.

Nicorn's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off: I love that you're making videos again.

Now some useful critic/notes or whatever

Originally Posted by stevesgamebox View Post

[...]You Need to have an ability that breaks combat to make this work.
    So far, according to my vast endless knowledge of warcraft, here they are:

Shadowmeld (All night Elves)
    Vanish (Rogues)
    Feign Death (Hunters)
    Invisibility (Mages) [...]
    I think mages should take the talent point for greater invisibility; otherwise they have a bit of waiting time.
    And I think I found a way to make it with every class, but haven't tried it yet....
    Condensed Jademist - Item - World of Warcraft ? You should get out of combat with those; the problem is they have a limit of 5.

[...] Now tag on the fact that you need magic damage to keep the spell-casters unharmed and you get: [...]
    You can actually outrun them if you are not a meele class + they have like 3times the health (~120k i believe) of the technicians and double of warlocks, so they shouldn't die that quickly.

[...] for making a good wad of extra profits [...], you take your stacks of runecloth and turn them into runecloth headbands. [...]
    If you make Frostweave Pants - Item - World of Warcraft instead you save 0.39G per pants you craft, which adds up with the amounts you farm here.
    for other runecloth shuffle methods here's my VIDEO or my BLOG ENTRY

also you can try to sell Mooncloth Bag - Spell - World of Warcraft if fel cloth is cheap on your server, which it is most of the time.

[...] Donate it for rep (lol) [...]
    This is no longer is in game since cataclysm.

Some other links that might help:

My video on this:
    BWL Trash - 20,000G/hr | Gold Guide - YouTube
    In which I claim 20.000 gold per hour and I did math for that. And had a huge tabel of all transmoge pieces to calculated the average price on my blog, but now changed it into something useful:

A TSM string with all Transmog Pieces divided into Average Worth from Underminejournal and priceing suggestions:
    Nicorn's Blog: 50-60 Transmogg Gear

My video for the BWL Prequest:
    BWL Pre-Quest | Guide - YouTube

My video for soloing Razorgore (first boss):
    Razorgore the Untamed - Any Class | Solo Guide - YouTube

And a smiley:
    Last edited by Nicorn; 05-07-2014 at 06:37 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast