0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My little rogue arena guide. 2v2 3v3 5v5

Hello all, am bored, and came to notice this forum doesnt even have 1 normal guide for rogues in arena so here we go.

starting with the gear you want to focus too.
    get the 3 epic honor pieces, they rock for pvp and are easy to get.
    get the leggings, shoulders, and chest for arena 2. 3/5
    and gloves and head from arena 1. 2/5
    this will give you the imba resilience buff.

weapon choice should go either to arena 2 daggers, and maces. its such a waste to get the fists, the swords are a good option tough if youre a PVE'r mostly.

enchants : Mongoose mainhand, Weaponchain offhand.
    youre goal : around 400 resilience, 10k health. 1500 ap in full pvp gear.

which spec to choose?
    Every arena has his own favorite spec. for 2v2 i would say 30/0/31 and combat maces. mutilate is not what you want here tbh. yes it does work for some. but most of the rogues cant time their energy and their stunlocks will faill 90% of the time. but in 3v3 + 5v5 i would never go for combat maces only.

reason : adrenline rush + blade flurry in a crowd = pew pew.
    ----------
    2v2 ( 2102 rating )
    ----------
    A rogues roll in 2v2 is decent. You can choose to play 3 roles.
    1 - Outlast youre oponents healers mana, assuming youre healer has better.
    2 - CC one person out, nuke the other.
    3 - Run in and nuke like a madman.

The other big descision you need to make is what class you are going to pvp with. I will name every class pros and cons. I personally like to play with a holy disc priest. all will be explained.

Warrior - Bad choice to go, no healing and petite CC. much dps tough, MS + wound poisons takes a healer down in no time. problem is the rogue will most likely get nuked by the opponents DPS class and goes down fast.

Druid - By many chosen to FoTM, big CC, good damage, and good damage and ofc both have stealth. the battle pretty much starts with, Sap, enemy uses his trinket to get out, druid casts cyclone, nuke other, cyclone, nuke other, blind etc till he dies. good combination, but really requires timing and exp with eachother.

paladin - Its decent, good heals, paladin doesnt go down fast, buffs, and has bubble. No DPS is added by him but still. solid combo.

priest - My favorite, great healing, able to dps a little, shields, very nice stamina buff and able to fear and mana drain. This is just an example of outlasting or nuking down with CC. sap one opponent nuke other down after stunlock goes off priest pops a fear and finish it. problem with this is that a priest is still a cloth and goes down fast vs a warrior.

rogue - stunlocks sounds fun, good dps, decent cc, crap idea. just dont do this. its able till 1600 ratings passed that youre doomed.

shaman - same as paladin, decent combo good heals, altough a shaman does add some nice dps. i always prefer a shaman over a paladin.

warlock - good dps, good cc, healstones, but still hes a cloth and cant heal, dont need to say more.

spriest - almost same as a lock, but able to shield and heal. this combo will lose at 1750 higher unless youre really skilled together.

hunter - BM hunters and a rogue can be a pain in the ass, top dps, good CC but no healing.

mage - decent, if the dps is high enough its possible..really dont recommend this combo tough.

---------------
    Rogue + priest ( only one explained since i only tell my combo's )
    ---------------

after doing buffs and stuff, rogue equiping wound poison offhand and cripling MH. GO out and scout what youre facing, tell youre priest to lay back a little. after youve seen what youre opponents are try and sap the dpser. and nuke the healer, always start with the CS, SS/hemo, gouge/kidney SS/hemo combo. as soon as the other gets nuked he will use his trinket to get out of sap. this is the moment when youre priest will fear. this means you have another free 5-10 sec to nuke youre opponents healer. while the other one will be feared since he already used his trinket. the healer should be down by now, if its a paladin, you shouldnt have a problem if the priest purges in time.

this is the basic of 2v2 with a priest. ofc you have tons of times that things come between it. stun resists, fear resists, bad timing. but hey you didnt get lvl 70 for nothing, by now you should have learned how to deal with problems.

also if you see youre facing a warrior/paladin. or paladin w/e. then switch youre mainhand poison to wound, and OH to deadly poison. and yes ppl SHIV like a maniac. envenom ignores there armor and ive been doing 3k+ crits on them. it takes them down very fast. and its a very fast CP builder.

------------------
    3v3
    ------------------

Rogue's here are mostly seen as second DPS class.
    I pvp in 3v3 with a warrior/rogue/shaman. were at 1979 rating.

Youre main role is to keep the healer stunned while the warrior is doing full dps on him. yes you wont outdamage a warrior in arena 90% of the time. specially not with windfury on. ofc you need to do damage but if you can choose between 1 do eviscerate with 5CB or kidney with 5cb, never take that evis over the kidney..

by many teams they wont go for youre healer but for you, they dont like rogues. they want to take them out asap because we pump healers full with wound poisons, stunlock them and do heavy dps. this is why you NEVER ever go into the battle as first. always let youre partner dps go in first to take focus, then you come and cheapshot the healer.

you and the warrior either have 2 choices. Nuke healer down, or nuke highest dps down. my tip is, if their highest dps is a warlock or a spriest. take it down. they go down within seconds, and can ruin the game entirely for you. the manadrain is just one thing we DONT want.

also this is a rare strategy which not many like to use but in some occasions, really nice. split DPS. DPS 1 goes on highest dps ( lets say a rogue ) and you go stunlock the healer. meaning the healer cant heal the nuked person and gets nuked himself. if you fight a team of clothies, this is my way to go.

--------------------
    5v5
    --------------------
    This is something we arent really needed/wanted in. which is a shame since it gives the best arena points. so be smart and make a team youreself and invite others to it.

the team i made : Rogue/ shaman / warrior/ paladin/ spriest. 1921 rating atm.

youre roll isnt as a leader here. thats 100% sure, you cant control this crowd of players. so what to do here is basicly what youre leader says. eventough if youre the leader youreself it wouldnt be smart to make the tacts, let the warrior do it. he will be the main damage source. just follow w/e the warrior is nuking and take it down with him, when he heals big deal, just full nuke. he cant outheal 4 heavy dps classes, also being silenced by the warrior and the spriest.

if it has 2 healers, then youre prolly better of with stunlocking their other healer while the warrior + dps 3 goes on the cloth healer.

This was my arena guide, hope it could help, i knew if some of this stuff was explain to me. i wouldnt start off like i did in arena. Folks just remember one thing.

please dont do arena with a Rogue / rogue / rogue. ive seen it before, it was the laugh of the week.

Goodbye.

ps.
    If you want to add anything at all just type it below and i can edit it in. like 2v2 tacts with other combo's. or flame me if you want and i will look into it to change the stuff. its my first guide tough take it easy

-Also, i have switched to playing rogue/druid now so soon ill add a basic tact on rogue/druid combo.
    Last edited by TforTyranth; 09-06-2007 at 04:35 PM.

My little rogue arena guide. 2v2 3v3 5v5
    Rekro's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: My little rogue arena guide. 2v2 3v3 5v5

Yeah I currently am playing a 5/31/25 Spec as a Prep - AR Kind of guy, my partner is a resto druid, We are fine most of the time, but sometimes I just lack burst as this spec, Does 30/0/31 Still work? It's what I was all of s1 and it was great... Until resilience came in... I'm sitting at 10k health, and 285 Resilience right now, I know... Not the greatest but hey, i'm just starting out really... Would love to hear your opinions on this... I was trying to decide between 30/0/31 and 41/20 Really... Thanks for any info!

TforTyranth's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see youre daggers then. wel in my opinion 5/31/25 isnt a really good idea. and 30/0/31 will always over power it. and yes youre right with resilience and stuff it can be a nightmare, but, here comes the but.

Serrated blades is giving you that nice -armor, and for me combined with my warp spring coil. it takes out pretty much of the resilience, eventough theyre 2 totally diffrent things. on the other side, i still am able to get like 1800+ backstabs even if ppl are loaded with resilience. so ya i would say give it a shot again. specially if youre used to it.

mutilate 41/20/0 is a great spec for some, not for me. i hate it. i hate mutilate anyways since it takes to many talent points to spend. which causes no good combat skills and no good sub skills. if you consider this as a 3v3 or 5v5 it isnt so bad tough. in 2v2 i wouldnt suggest it. having so less sub skills, they can see you from 100 yards away!

our opener, is our way to win.

Rekro's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I have Malchazeen / Gladiators Shiv sitting in my bags if I decide to go dags, and btw... I'm combat maces with Prep and AR... Not daggers atm ^^

Darkmasterr's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess i'm a noob and you will laugh at this, I have a 68 rouge and I want to start PvP, I just need to know what a great spec is, my spec right now is 3/54/1 i think. I'm not really sure, most is in combat XD. I just need to know what terms are, so what is Resilience? and also where do I get that epic armor. Thanks in advance.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3/54/1 is..a really weird build :P. anyways

i assume youre swords orso. so the best thing for you to do is, get 20/41/0.
    great for pvp and great for grinding. as it is "teh pve spec, and atm the fotm in pvp".

Resillience reduces the amount damage taken from a crit hit.
    example. ( the exact numbers arent true )

you have 300 resil. and you get hit for lets say 1000 damage. then like 10% of that 1000 damage will be reduced so you only get hit for 900 damage. resilience is the way to survive in arena as a rogue, but also, the way why we arent gods anymore. try nuking a warrior down with 400 resil, 10k armor. its not fun.

The epic armor i described in my post can be gotten by playing arena matches.
    you need to be lvl 70 to play arena rated matches. meaning get a friend to pvp with you! do 10 matches a week atleast and have 30% of the matches played. this will give you arena points at the end of the week. like 250 points at 1500 rating in 2v2. 3v3 gets more, and 5v5 is most.

the average costs of the arena gladiator pieces i described for season 1 gear = 1300 points, and for season 2 1400

Svpam's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weaponchain Offhand?

And you don't recommend a mage combo?
    Last edited by Svpam; 09-06-2007 at 10:05 AM.

Tenni-T's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+rep for being so helpfull and for a very usefull post!

Peace, Tenned.
    Tenni-T (Tenned) - Contrib!

MMOwned - My favorite website of all times.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

weaponchain offhand so you dont get disarmed. a rogue that cant use his mainhand = ?

totally useless. we cant kick anyone to death.

Also mage/rogue is a bad combo in my opinion since:
    1 the mage goes down very fast OR
    2 the mage ice blocks and all damage will be done against you, the rogue.
    and a rogue cant take that much.

how are you going to survive the most common builds in arena.
    Warrior / paladin?
    warrior / shaman
    druid / shaman etc

they all got many armor, and have good healing. the warrior takes you down within hmm lets say 5-10 seconds. mage rogue is decent til 1650. above that, i dont see you surviving.

Darkmasterr's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by TforTyranth View Post
    3/54/1 is..a really weird build :P. anyways

i assume youre swords orso. so the best thing for you to do is, get 20/41/0.
    great for pvp and great for grinding. as it is "teh pve spec, and atm the fotm in pvp".

Resillience reduces the amount damage taken from a crit hit.
    example. ( the exact numbers arent true )

you have 300 resil. and you get hit for lets say 1000 damage. then like 10% of that 1000 damage will be reduced so you only get hit for 900 damage. resilience is the way to survive in arena as a rogue, but also, the way why we arent gods anymore. try nuking a warrior down with 400 resil, 10k armor. its not fun.

The epic armor i described in my post can be gotten by playing arena matches.
    you need to be lvl 70 to play arena rated matches. meaning get a friend to pvp with you! do 10 matches a week atleast and have 30% of the matches played. this will give you arena points at the end of the week. like 250 points at 1500 rating in 2v2. 3v3 gets more, and 5v5 is most.

the average costs of the arena gladiator pieces i described for season 1 gear = 1300 points, and for season 2 1400
    Ok thanks a lot but i'm daggers :P i'm thinking about going over to swords though, was once swords but would rather have faster attacks.

vamnon's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is an amazing post I'm leveling a Rogue right now. +rep

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Darkmasterr View Post
    Ok thanks a lot but i'm daggers :P i'm thinking about going over to swords though, was once swords but would rather have faster attacks.
    ah i tought you wore swords since you had no sub skills ( opp ) and didnt have the needed combat either and youre grinding. would be smarter to use swords while grinding ^^.

and thnx tenned and vamnon ^^

nike23aaa's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really i respect yours opinion but i am with mage we got crap gear instance blue and pvp blue no epics at all and in old realm we have got in first week 1859 rate wining very good epic geared people,full gladiators etc. and do not need to say they are noobs they are very good players some great teams i know we won so ESPECIALLY I CAN SAY NOW mage + rogue is great combo!

k0mb0_2007's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow good work man

Joevlol's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by TforTyranth View Post
    weaponchain offhand so you dont get disarmed. a rogue that cant use his mainhand = ?

totally useless. we cant kick anyone to death.

Also mage/rogue is a bad combo in my opinion since:
    1 the mage goes down very fast OR
    2 the mage ice blocks and all damage will be done against you, the rogue.
    and a rogue cant take that much.

how are you going to survive the most common builds in arena.
    Warrior / paladin?
    warrior / shaman
    druid / shaman etc

they all got many armor, and have good healing. the warrior takes you down within hmm lets say 5-10 seconds. mage rogue is decent til 1650. above that, i dont see you surviving.
    I agree with the weapon chain. It is a must, Getting disarmed is the worst thing that can happen in an arena.

One thing tho' is the mage combo, I'd have to say this is one of the best combo's for a rogue, i'm playing around 2k rating in EU-Misery wich is a very tough battlegroup.
    Warrior paladin is so simple, CC the paladin and nuke the warrior, Unless you seriously cant play you should have no problems there.
    Same for most dps/healer teams. Unless it is a druid ofc, wich point the cc shifts to the dps and the druid should die in seconds.

I also play with a warlock and we have no problems removing the crowd controll. I keep the healers busy while a warlock can take down most dps classes easily, If he ever needs help i can stun/blind sprint off and support him. No problems atall to be honest unless its healer/warlock >.< Warlock v warlock fights are not good atall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast