39/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hand of A'dal; Champion of the Naaru

Here's a heads up for all the players coming back from TBC times with the new level boost, or for all the people who may still have old, unused characters on servers that have now turned into a ghost town. Despite both these titles having become a feat of strength, and the quests no longer giving them out, you can STILL get them. The important part is that you picked up their respective lines BEFORE the patch that 'removed' them - patch 3.02.

Now, if you do have the correct quests, you will be unable to share them, the share button is greyed out. If you got the quest AFTER patch 3.03, you can share them, and you will NOT get the Hand of A'dal or the Champion of the Naaru titles.

Here's the Hand of A'dal correct quest: The Vials of Eternity - Quest - World of Warcraft
    These are the two quests you will need to have done to obtain Champion of the Naaru": Trial of the Naaru: Magtheridon - Quest - World of Warcraft and The Cudgel of Kar'desh - Quest - World of Warcraft

Take note of the quest ID's on the wowhead page, certain addons ingame such as lightheaded can check the ID of YOUR current quest, in case the share quest method is unclear to you.

TL'DR: IF you stil have these 3 quests, or completed a part of their questline BEFORE patch 3.02 hit, you can still obtain their respective titles. Old accounts, old characters, and even unlinked accounts you picked up for 20 dollars MIGHT have the correct quests in their questlog.

Don't miss the chance to benefit from this situation, for all we know blizzard might retroactively remove them from our quest logs as they've done with certain GM only quests and such in the past. I got my Hand of A'dal 2 weeks ago, after seeing that my old abandoned rogue still had the correct vials quest in his log from the days where I still wanted to raid Black Temple rather than play arena all week

Enjoy!

EDIT: When going for Hand of A'dal, turn in the vials questline FIRST if at all possible. It is the quest also linked above. You will get your Hand of A'dal title after finishing up Black Temple with Akama, having completed his ashtongue deathsworn part.
    Last edited by fearfart; 04-03-2014 at 09:30 AM.

Hand of A'dal; Champion of the Naaru
    Njobo's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by fearfart View Post
    Here's a heads up for all the players coming back from TBC times with the new level boost, or for all the people who may still have old, unused characters on servers that have now turned into a ghost town. Despite both these titles having become a feat of strength, and the quests no longer giving them out, you can STILL get them. The important part is that you picked up their respective lines BEFORE the patch that 'removed' them - patch 3.02.

Now, if you do have the correct quests, you will be unable to share them, the share button is greyed out. If you got the quest AFTER patch 3.03, you can share them, and you will NOT get the Hand of A'dal or the Champion of the Naaru titles.

Here's the Hand of A'dal correct quest: The Vials of Eternity - Quest - World of Warcraft
    These are the two quests you will need to have done to obtain Champion of the Naaru": Trial of the Naaru: Magtheridon - Quest - World of Warcraft and The Cudgel of Kar'desh - Quest - World of Warcraft

Take note of the quest ID's on the wowhead page, certain addons ingame such as lightheaded can check the ID of YOUR current quest, in case the share quest method is unclear to you.

TL'DR: IF you stil have these 3 quests, or completed a part of their questline BEFORE patch 3.02 hit, you can still obtain their respective titles. Old accounts, old characters, and even unlinked accounts you picked up for 20 dollars MIGHT have the correct quests in their questlog.

Don't miss the chance to benefit from this situation, for all we know blizzard might retroactively remove them from our quest logs as they've done with certain GM only quests and such in the past. I got my Hand of A'dal 2 weeks ago, after seeing that my old abandoned rogue still had the correct vials quest in his log from the days where I still wanted to raid Black Temple rather than play arena all week

Enjoy!
    So i can use this old char for something or what? I only seem to have that single quest and i never did a raid with it, so is the q worthless or not? No clue honestly.
    Last edited by Njobo; 04-03-2014 at 08:47 AM.

fearfart's Avatar Contributor
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    39/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Njobo View Post
    So i can use this old char for something or what? I only seem to have that single quest.
    That appears to be the unshareable quest ID. In other words, if you complete the questline on this character then you will unlock the title "Hand of A'dal" for your entire battle.net account. Should be a breeze with help of lvl 90 friends or simply by lvling up a little to solo stuff. DO NOT BOOST THIS CHAR WITH THE BLIZZARD BOOST, IT CLEARS THE QUEST LOG.

Njobo's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, guess il have to lvl this old char, the server even though connected is still very dead so il probably need to lvl it :s and my HDD just corrupted of some kind, all my macros are gone god damn it

gippy's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    293/139
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imo the way you turn these quests in matters, ive had the old vial quest id twice from sor accounts. The first time i completed the akama quest line uptil bt then i handed the vial qust in and nothing happened.

The second time i handed the vials in then completed the akama quest line and was granted the title as akama entered bt, so imo hand in the vials then do the akama line just incase.

JhonnyQ's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    12/74
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the three old quests before the quest which give you old title.

what can i do

Thanks G/R
    39/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by gippy View Post
    Imo the way you turn these quests in matters, ive had the old vial quest id twice from sor accounts. The first time i completed the akama quest line uptil bt then i handed the vial qust in and nothing happened.

The second time i handed the vials in then completed the akama quest line and was granted the title as akama entered bt, so imo hand in the vials then do the akama line just incase.
    This is a good advice in that case, I personally only have experience doing it once and I did infact hand in the vials first. updated OP and repped for tip.

Thanks G/R
    39/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    I have the three old quests before the quest which give you old title.

what can i do
    You'll have to eleborate. Which title of the two, names of the quest, if possible quest I.D or in case of the Vials of eternity quest - can it be shared?

Creepwalker's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    15/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone playing on US that has the quests and can share?

Smitten's Avatar i want to believe who even plays wow anymore 🤔
    Thanks G/R
    909/1036
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Title quest is NOT sharable.

Galaxan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by gippy View Post

Same thing happened to me with the completion orders.

Mollyone's Avatar Banned CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From wowhead:
    I just received the title and Achievement and did NOT have the old Mag quest. I recently picked up the Magtheridon part, well after 3.0, in fact it was post MoP. I did complete the cudgel part years ago however, and had the last part of the Trial quests in my logs since TBC.

I just decided to go solo Mag, and turn in the quest, but having read this page before, I did not expect to get any reward. Well, when I turned in the quest I did not receive anything, but upon logging out and back in I was awarded the achievement and title. Quite surprised actually. Now off to finish off my Hand of A'dal title.
    HOWEVER...
    i had the old cudgel quest from back in Tbc, recently completed it and decided to start the other quest from scratch. Just completed it, and did not earn any title or achievement

Njobo's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my Hand of A'dal title, and yes the order matters, you need to turn in your Vial quest before you do the Black Temple chain, because it's not the Vial Quest which triggers the Achievement, but it's a requirement to earn the title, the quest that triggers the Achivement is A Distraction for Akama and can be completed by anyone, you simply need to be in range.

With that said, i should note once more..

If you are there when A Distraction for Akama is being done you will get your Achivement as long as you completed the original Vial quest. So if anyone made a huge mistake with the order, rejoice.. you can still get your title.
    Last edited by Njobo; 04-06-2014 at 03:02 PM.

rdruid69's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    27/41
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember I did this quest like 2 years ago (the vial one). But I don't remember if I did the "Distracion for Akama". Can you tell me if I can pick up this quest anyway or if anyone in my party can get it and complete it I'll get the FoS?

gippy's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    293/139
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by rdruid69 View Post
    I remember I did this quest like 2 years ago (the vial one). But I don't remember if I did the "Distracion for Akama". Can you tell me if I can pick up this quest anyway or if anyone in my party can get it and complete it I'll get the FoS?
    You can still go do the distraction part yeah, the id of that part doesn't matter, only that you completed the old id version of the vial quest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast