6/11
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Free up desired name

Hello, I'm long time lurker here and I finally decided to share some xp I have from almost 8 years of playing wow. I hope I put this in right section, and please don't flame if something similar is posted before, it's just my own xp that I want to share. I won't use real names in post since I'm just carefull enough.

Just to point out; this requires patience and sometimes weeks even months of beeing "boring bug".

Let me elaborate how I freed up name Nox on most high populated realms like Sylvanas, Ravencrest etc.

Ok, first we go and do some research;
    I'll go with example of name NOX, and how I freed it up on some high pop realms.

(tooked me couple months):

- Armory search showed name Nox was taken by inactive lvl 56 DK.

- Put in first ticket with similar text to this;

Hello,
    I'm interested in obtaining my name Nox for my little shaddow goddess (this is not needed but a bit of cheezzines is bonus), I researched a bit and that name is taken by inactive lvl 56 DK. Please can you assist with it, since I really want to get my original name, and I'm familiar with it that you can free up names from inactive accounts if necessary (yes they can, I got this name from TBC priest on high pop realm that was inactive for 3 years), so please if its possible can you help me to be complete once again.

Sincerelly, **** aka Nox

*take in mind that this will be more succesfull if you have similar name and you just want to change it to "normall" one; like Imperatoor > Imperator. So in a time you will probably get negative generic response. Put in another ticket, be polite and add in ticket that you are long time customer (for ages now) and that you really want to get that name. (I even managed to get name changed by gm ingame for free and I used my old name on my hunter now).

You need to come to point where GM will talk to you directly. This is most important part. You need to have some social and writting skills to make sure you do the job correctly. Be kind, don't fool around, be direct about how are you waiting for years to get name from some inactive character. You need to get at this point info where GM will confirm that they can free up name, and he will probably say to you that account isn't inactive long enough to free it just now.

If you are good enough in beeing cheezzy about how you cry alot since you can't be complete with yours long lost name, ask in lines (don't be so direct) in how long time you should enquiry again about name. Don't ask for direct date, just ask about roughly when can it be possible.

After this it's waiting time, in a month/week, depends of previous steps you put in another ticket where you explain how you did talked before with GM and repeat all stuff from previous steps and ask once again can they finally free up your name.

If account is really inactive you will get your name soon enough. And if you were nice enough. Don't bail if you get some hard GM, repeat process.

For example I got name **** on Sylvanas by putting in ticket something like this;

Hello,

I'm interested in obtaining my name **** on this realm, since I'm transferring my priest here I really want to have my original name. My research showed that my name is taken by lvl 70 inactive account, can you assist with this. I'm long time customer and I'm playing this game for a long time, and if I can't get my name I really won't transfer and race change, since I'm used to my name and I couldn't handle beeing under another tag. So if its possible and you can be kind enough to do me this favour I would be soo happy.

**** aka ****

* You are playing on card of beeing customer that wants to spend $$ and Blizz loves $$. Its your ultimate card.

* And most important, this is mostly possible when name is on inactive account. Altho I once freed up name that was taken by active account, but thats story for another post.

I used dummy name at start of post, and **** are putted instead real names. Hope this post will add something to community, and i hope its not against rules to post guides that include GM since everything is legal that i've done. Nothing against ToS or any law.

Free up desired name
    LoveOne's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/9
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done this several times, if the name is acording to their ToS and used by an inactive account they will free that name with no problem.

Deathyaw's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    62/31
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry but this is nothing new i have seen this so many times over the years ^^

But +1 rep for sharing anyways

piehead's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew this already, but I'm sure some people don't so +rep.
    Don't do things to others that you would not want them to do to you.

KingCamel's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for contributing to the community. +rep

Poetica's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    6/11
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm more than aware that some people are familiar with this, but to be honest there are plenty that are not. I was doing this for guildies also for ages, so I decided to share my xp. And I tried to write down it as simple as possible so people can get the point of "how to" since I couldn't find any info about whoole process around. Thanks for replies and I hope someone will find this really usefull. And once again, I'll use this space just to say that Ownedcore rocks, found here shitloads of usefull stuff, and I did several trades over the years !!!!!

Zethth's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice of you to take the time to write a guide on it, but I think you put a little too much focus on how nice you have to be? A gm will do this without bating an eye if you put in a normal request, if the name holder meets the inactive criteria, of course

phantom325's Avatar Turtle Nation
    Thanks G/R
    81/162
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Zethth View Post
    Nice of you to take the time to write a guide on it, but I think you put a little too much focus on how nice you have to be? A gm will do this without bating an eye if you put in a normal request, if the name holder meets the inactive criteria, of course
    Agreed with this. I'm sure being nice helps, but you don't have to be shockingly sweet to get the name. As long as it meets their policies (GM's pretty much follow the rule book word for word) then you'll be fine.

CreativeXtent's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    242/148
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not new and i get names to sell like this always.
    "the true wow experience is Maclone"

Keldonv7's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same works for guild names, never had problem with getting the one i wanted.

Dante's Avatar M.L.G. ╰ ╯╰ ╯ ╰ ╯ ╰ ╯ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    132/141
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a skype account. Contact me through pms or through discord.