Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 click Cache clearing!

Hello!

This is my first thread, so be gentle if I missed this in the search! I found some similar threads, but none that seemed to address this particular issue.

Some HonorBuddy plugins (and likely profiles) get confused by the data in the Honorbuddy, WoW, and Battle.net caches stored locally on your computer.

I got tired of running into the issue, so I put together a simple batch file to fix the problem. There's 2 versions:

The first one simply clears the caches. You'll need to start WoW manually after running it.

rd C:\Games\Buddy\Cache /s /q
    rd C:\Games\WoW\Cache /s /q
    rd C:\Games\WoW\Data\Cache /s /q
    rd C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment /s /q

This 2nd one is a bit fancier. It will clear the caches AND start WoW for you!

rd C:\Games\Buddy\Cache /s /q
    rd C:\Games\WoW\Cache /s /q
    rd C:\Games\WoW\Data\Cache /s /q
    rd C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment /s /q
    start C:\Games\WoW\Wow.exe

What this actually does is delete the Honorbuddy cache folder (line 1), the WoW cache folder (line 2), the WoW data cache folder (line 3), and the Battle.Net cache folder (line 4). The 2nd one also Starts WoW for you after clearing the caches.

To use these, just copy the lines into a regular text file, make sure to change the paths to match your WoW and Honorbuddy installation folders, then save it with an extension of .bat instead of .txt. Since the full paths are included in the batch file, you can place it anywhere on your computer.

If you want to have a fancy icon for your batch file, move it somewhere and create a short-cut of it, then you can change the icon of the short-cut.

1 click Cache clearing!