7/2
    Trade Feedback
    10 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice Guide

Name change looks like is available for accounts that have a name that looks fake, is there an advantage then at buying accounts with a weird name? Also, if you don't name change and instead use the original account name for the new accounts you will make in order to transfer, will transfering x2 times or transfer 1 and ban the original account be as safe?

Complete Account Buyers Guide
    Ashoran's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    416/187
    Trade Feedback
    14 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by segenas View Post
    Nice Guide

Name change looks like is available for accounts that have a name that looks fake, is there an advantage then at buying accounts with a weird name? Also, if you don't name change and instead use the original account name for the new accounts you will make in order to transfer, will transfering x2 times or transfer 1 and ban the original account be as safe?
    Buying accounts with really stupid names like Captain Giraffe is a huge advantage. You see, when recalling accounts Blizzard always requires you to use an ID, and since that right there is a fake name, you as the new account owner can request a name change and essentially block off that account from being recalled(you can prove the identity, but the OG owner "Captain Giraffe" can't). While you're at it, a few months after getting the name changed, also get the secret answer changed too. If you don't name change and just go ahead and transfer the character away a few times and ban the original account, you'd be relatively safe. But Blizzard could remove that character or they could chain ban all of the accounts.

Zohra's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to necro this, but it's honestly one of the only comprehensive guides I've found thus far. What should the procedure be if you just bought a character, not the full account? I bought a character from someone through one of the sites that offers the service. I made my own bnet, with most of my info but the same surname as the seller. They then transferred the character to me. I'm looking into getting that bnet account last name changed to match mine now, but how long is a good amount of time to wait before transferring it from this holding account to my main account? What is the likelihood the original owner could get that toon back? Anyone with updated advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123