3/4
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get your first battle pet to level 25

Hey everyone. Leveling your first battle pet to level 25 can be really slow and boring, but this guide should get you a level 25 pet within an hour or two! It's originally published over at Level Up Guides, but I have permission to repost it here.

Original post: Get your first battle pet to level 25.

Getting your first battle pet to level 25 can be very tedious the first time around, especially when you don’t have any high level pets to boost them with. However, some smart tricks can get you a brand new level 25 pet within 60 minutes of starting the leveling, so this is really useful for new players that want to try out pet battles without having to grind lots and lots of battles.
    Part 1) Getting three mechanical pets

You will need three mechanical pets for this guide, and they can be level 1. Usually any mechanical pet will do, so feel free to but pets such as Clockwork Gnome, Darkmoon Tonk, or the Darkmoon Zeppelin, or just run to the gnome starting area and capture three wild Fluxfire Felines. The Fluxfire Felines should be uncommon or rare quality, but you should also be able to do this with common or grey ones if you have a little patience.

If you want a Fluxfire Feline, create a new gnome and run outside. There will be lots of them everywhere. This is because you are in an instanced version of the Toxic Airfield, so you won’t have to share spawns with anyone.

The Fluxfire Feline spawning locations.
    Part 2) Battle your first pet tamer

Level up these three mechanical pets to level 4 by attacking other wild pets. Once they get to level 4, you can start the questchain that lets you fight your first pet tamer. So go to Stormwind/Orgrimmar and do this first quest. Defeat both the first and second pet tamers so that you will get a pet to level 6 (and the two others are still level 4).
    3) Capture an Arcane Eye in Deadwind Pass.

Fly to Deadwind Pass (feel free to use the portal to The Dark Portal/Outlands) and start looking for a level 17 Arcane Eye outside of Karazhan. Look for a Arcane Eye that is poor or common quality, because you won’t be able to handle the uncommon or rare ones.

Use your main Fluxfire Feline or other mechanical pet to get the Arcane Eye down to low health, and try and capture it. It might not work on your first attempt, but just use the bandages from the quest reward and try again if you fail. You should however be able to capture one fairly soon.

Switch your main pet to the Arcane Eye, and use this to capture two more. If your able to, try and get one that is rare or uncommon quality, but it’s also fine if you are not able to.
    4) Capture Dragonbone Hatchlings in Dragonblight

Now travel to Dragonblight and go to Galakrond’s Rest just north of Wyrmrest Temple. Start battling level 22-23 Dragonbone Hatchlings, and capture at least two of these.

They also spawn around in Dragonblight, but you are more or less sure to get one at Galakrond’s Rest.

dragonbone hatchling
    5) Go to Vale of Eternal Blossoms and level up

Now have your line up of two Dragonbone Hatchlings and one Arcane Eye. Travel to Vale of Eternal Blossoms and start looking for Eternal Striders which are found around the lakes in the zone. The pets you will end up batteling are usually 2x water type, one 1x flying type. Use the Dragonbone Hatchlings to fight off the water types, and the Arcane Eye to fight off the flying types.

You will most likely get your first Dragonbone Hatchling to level 25 within ten minutes, and then you are all done! Congratulations on having your first level 25 pet!

Get your first battle pet to level 25
    Yukka's Avatar Contributor
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    46/24
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I used to be a pet collector, but I never bothered to do the pokemon thing, maybe I'll give it a go since I have tons and tons of pets.

pixelfreen's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Yukka View Post
    Thanks. I used to be a pet collector, but I never bothered to do the pokemon thing, maybe I'll give it a go since I have tons and tons of pets.
    doesnt work anymore

sorry Quoted wrong one , i meant the guide doesnt work anymore

QtDemon's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    50/14
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't work as well as it use to. But it's still possible. Just, very, very frustrating.

(I'm gonna guess and say that you use to be able to capture a pet in battle, and then lose/forfeit and keep the pet regardless. Now you have to capture the pet, AND win the battle against the other pets.)

Follow the guide and you should have no problem capturing a grey/white Arcane Eye. Capture two more and try to get a rare one at least. I was able to. (My three mechanical pets were level 5, 5, and 6. Blingtron Pet did most of the work.)

After you get your three arcane eyes you might have to go around and farm a bit. I quickly went back and did some trainer battles for the rewards, and killed some pets in Burning Steppes (There's 99% chance there is a better place than Burning Steppes, I just went there because it was close.)

After I had leveled my eyes up a few levels and captures some random pets I went to Dragonblight. After several tries I was able to capture a Dragonbone Hatchling, then I quickly captured two more and headed to Vale.

Once in Vale I had no trouble capturing my first Eternal Strider right outside of Shrine. From there I captured a few more pets in Vale, then went up to Kun Lai and captured two rare Kun Lai Runts. I begin farming experience on a different character using the other method posted a few guides below this in Valley, and they hit level 25 pretty quickly.

Good luck.
    Last edited by QtDemon; 02-12-2014 at 06:39 PM.