Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chloroforms Guide/Blog To 1 Million Gold!

Broke in World of Warcraft? Cant figure out how to make a fortune?

Currently I hold over 750,000 gold on three separate realms. I have seen time after time people struggling to make gold through the auction house and farming, yet sit clueless as to how to make a fortune. There are countless guides and videos on the net on how to do this, however its rare to have someone walk you through the process.

Realm: Mal'Ghanis (US)
    Faction: Horde

Important - Read:

I have altered the post that were currently up, I have been flooded with private messages from people with extreme interest in turning their current World of Warcraft gold count into one million gold plus. So I will be now gearing this guide, blog, whatever we are calling this project into a serious hardcore audience focus. If your the average joe looking to make a couple hundred gold up to a couple thousand simply send me a private message with your class & hours of free time and I can give you tips & hints specifically designed for you.

Otherwise if your serious about making a boat load of gold, keep reading. However the approach we are taking from here on out isn't for the casual player.
    Last edited by Chloroform; 07-20-2012 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Updated

Chloroforms Guide/Blog To 1 Million Gold!
    Chloroform's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My personal setup:
    I currently run two seperate accounts (per realm), with two level 80+ characters on the same realm. Realistically a second world of warcraft account isn't that expensive and to be honest we can make that money back in two days tops. The reason I do this is yes, you can make a alt character and have it be your bank toon. This works, its been proven to work but there is nothing wrong with this. However, having two seperate characters logged into the game frees up a handful of time and allows you to multi-task.

With this process I am able to have one client basically maximized and the second account window smaller, allowing me to manage all of my auctions on the smaller account while farming, promoting in trade, wheeling & dealing or searching for new territory through out Azeroth to exploit (gold wise not hacking) for my own personal wealth. Hell, I could even use this to be leveling up yet another alt character to throw more professions on. Figure out what works best for you (I still believe my setup is optimal) but whatever your computer can handle and your comfortable with.

The phrase "too much" is a sin..
    Same with the mindstate and logic. The only time this applies is when gambling on stock piling items days before an expansion. Even then if the proper research & knowledge of your realm is right that doesn't apply. I know a lot of people who are focused on making heaps of gold have every profession maxed yet still have 2-3 character slots free on their realm of choice. Why? It doesn't take but a few days to level another toon up to level 80 (we dont need anything beyond that) which gives you two extra professions. Already have JC / Alchemy on a combo of toons.. so tack that pair on yet another alt.

The amount of gold made from professions with cooldowns built into specific benefits is beyond imaginable, especially with an expansion around the corner. Transmutes alone will pull in thousands and thousands of gold each day, leveling up another character for professions is the REAL definition of a slave alt. Not taking advantage of this is pure ignorant & lazy.

Action without a plan is the first step to failure!
    Realistically to be progressive you need a plan, you need a plan for a lot of things to mass an crazy amount of gold. You need to plan out which toon is more effective for grinding area, which toons you wont be playing as much and which toon you plan on playing the most as far as raiding or pvping if your into them areas of WoW. Typically toons that you WONT be playing much or aren't very effective for grinding (such as shaman & priest) should be slotted with what I call concrete professions. A concrete profession is something that will stay solid and pull money be it the start, middle or end of an expansion yet doesn't require physical interaction with moving around Azeroth. Jewelcrafting, Alchemy are the two top professions in this section.

Enchanting, tailoring & inscription also "fit" in this category but inscription tends to fall off a few notches though out the expansion and settles in a certain gold placement. Your main character your going to be raiding / pvping on take the respective professions that benefit the most and work your other toons around that. While characters that are heavy grinding such as DKs, Paladins, Mages, Feral Druids & even Warriors (yes, warriors - if you believe a warrior isn't an efficient farmer you need a timeout) should be paired with your professions that are out and about. Herbalism, Mining, Skinning.

Niche professions can go where ever there is room for them, hell make an alt just for them if you feel the need to have them or believe you have a market for them. Engineering and leather working fall in this group. Engineering has no solid gold making tunnel and leather working is too small of a market for me to waste time with. The perks dont jump out the gym & the market consist of druids & rogues.

Don't get tunnel vision!
    The amount of markets on the auction house are unlimited, there are tons of markets you have no idea exist. R-E-A-D. And learn. You will never discover new markets without reading or searching for them. Google is your best friend when it comes to this, typing in something as little as "wow gold blog" brings up a handful of information for you to explore. No one has all the answers, no matter how long they have been at it. For example, open up your realms auction house go to armor and set the level range 1-60 and scan. Set it to show highest to lowest prices. No that isn't a typo in the set prices, no they aren't trying to increase the value of a certain low level item and NO its not a item removed from the game or that hard to acquire. Do some research and you'll know why them prices are that high.

The point I'm making is never get set in a certain market and limit yourself because your making a killing or think that you have every angle covered. There are always ways to increase your current gold income.

Network. Then network some more.
    Dont be scared to communicate with other players, even if they are your competition. Finding people who farm heavy and always have ample amount of product is a good thing. Sending someone a message or in game mail isn't against the terms of service and can lead to relationships that often keep you in stock of what you need which will keep your gold income stream flowing. When you don't have to waste time going to farm your own product it allows you to focus on making gold else where, when you can arrange to get product sent COD at a lower price then the auction house average on a regular basis believe it or not but that is profit.

Auction house war is good for you!
    Don't always look at competition on the auction house as you against your realm. You need to learn how to manipulate your competition to raise the average price of your own product as well as lower your cost of production. Being undercut is always a positive thing, if I set something at an average price and someone under cuts me it sounds like they did all the leg work for me plus they are giving me a chance to get free profit.

[-----] MORE TO COME [-----]
    Last edited by Chloroform; 07-20-2012 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Updated

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Layout.
    Fresh realm (Mal'Ghanis - Horde) with no gold, no professions, no connections, no idea of the auction house market.

I am running a two man team, on two separate accounts same faction. (Warrior / Rogue)
    I will eventually be adding a third toon as a concrete profession slave. (Mage)

My warrior will be my grinding character.
    My rogue will be my raid / instance / "main" character.
    My mage will be a prof slave that will never leave the main city until right before the expansion.

I simply used two scroll of resurrections to acquire two level 80 toons.
    One on each separate account, no level 85 at the starting point.
    Last edited by Chloroform; 07-20-2012 at 02:22 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Current Gold: 12,000g

Pre Post Process:
    Quested in Hyjal for gold selling every item I acquired (+350)
    I created a guild bank for myself for massive storage. (-350g)
    I farmed some world pets & sold them to gain a bit of a gold footing. (+9,000g)
    I maxed Alchemy & Inscription on my Warrior. (-6,000g)
    Sold all my items created during professions & farmed another world pet. (+9,000g)

Daily Blog Entries:
    7/20/2012: Been off dealing with RL things today, hopped on leveled up the rogue a bit & reposted my transmog items. Have about 120 auctions posted right now, a bulk of them being transmog, glyphs and random white material found while running instances. If its white, never vendor it. Especially if your able to rack up a complete stack, someone will always buy it. I laid off farming the Oozeling pet, in the last 24 hours I've noticed an influx of traffic from level 85s out there. Means an increase of the pet on the AH and the price will drive down, with one still in my possession I plan on posting it up, moving it and laying off this zone for a few days. I alone may be responsible for this via promotion in trade, never the less it will go dead and I will pick it back up in about 24-48 hours depending on the traffic / auction house saturation.
    Last edited by Chloroform; 07-20-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Farm Areas:

Swamp of Sorrows.

The left end of the river plays host to Oozes who hold the Oozing Bag which contains the only item you would travel out here for: Disgusting Oozeling. A pet with a 1.7% drop rate out the bag it sells for a nice chunk of gold. Scan your auction house before making the trip to see if its worth your time.

Zangarmarsh.

On the north end of the larger lake above the pipelines you will find Bogflare Needlers. The spawn rate is a bit of a hassel but they drop the Pet Captured Firefly. The drop rate is annoying, yet the pet fetches a nice value of 5-9k depending on your realm.

Icecrown.

Yes, a WotLK zone is still worth the time to farm. It wont bring in heaps of gold but a constant stream of 1-2k gold an hour depending on your class and how fast you move. The goldmine here will result in raw gold, frostweave cloth which drops in the bundles & greens to sell or disenchant depending on your own preference. If you bring up the Icecrown map on the left side of the larger open area towards the top you will notice a funnel between the mountain range and the extension of the bridge. This is your target area mobs will flood out of there running towards you, you wont even have to move. Just kill them and loot.

Nespirah inside the Shimmering Expanse.

A nice little farm area which is mediocre sized jam packed with mobs & the best part is you have little to no farm competition out here. Raw gold alone is about 250-350 an hour. The mobs consist of Idra'kess Sentinel & Idra'kess Enchantress which drop greens as well as the Technique: Origami Slime. Rogues can find a pick pocket haven here for the The Flame-Scarred Junkbox & gold with all the humanoids. Nespirah Fluids also drop the Oozing Bag which contains simple gems, random herbs and best of all Disgusting Oozeling which usually sells for 5-10k depending on your realm.
    Last edited by Chloroform; 07-20-2012 at 10:21 PM.

Lokiskye's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds awesome I'll be following!

rikmar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great Idea! Good luck and keep up the good work!

fatwire's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds cool.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you stay tuned,

LeBOSS's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really interested in your blog, I'll be sure to keep reading.

Thanks for sharing!

Phantons's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first 2 entries are actually really nice posts. Not many people think about the little stuff, like you started with. Really great guide so far, and I look forward to the future entries.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appreciate the feedback the latest entry has been posted, another will follow later today.

extazzy88's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are you doing this on a high medium or low server?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mal'Ghanis. It is a "full" population server.

JayPaul's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice keep it coming

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast