0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Farming the AH, Fastest Way to Get Rich

Many people are looking for good spots/things to farm. This will never change, you don't have to be a certain level/class/etc.

Things Required/Suggested:
    - A decent amount of gold to get started with. I would suggest 5k (any amount will work but the more you have, the more expensive investments you can make and more investments at a time)
    -Auctioneer Addon (with a decent scan or two to see the "good" deals at the top of the page) This will let you browse the retard auctions quickly for the picking.
    -TUJ Addon (The Undermine Journal - This is your greatest asset. Go to The Undermine Journal click on your realm/faction, Go to "SITE" along the top banner then click on WoW Addon.) This will tell you the true market price of items (better than auctioneer) and the reagent price to create them.
    -Postal Addon This will let you open all your mail automatically, absolutely needed when going through hundreds of auctions a day.
    -My Sales Addon This will tell you who bought your auctions, and how much they have spent on you. It is great for common items if you want to cut out the AH and start doing private deals.

Finding Great Deals
    There are many people are stupid/tired/drunk/have typos when they post their auctions and this will be your greatest profit.
    Go to the Auction House. Make sure you have a scan or two already so you can just look at the top of each page rather than scrolling down through each one checking prices. Click the magnifying glass at the top of the window. This will bring you to the newest page of auctions. Check "Show stacks as price per unit" This will show the price of each item in a stack so you can start to memorize how much each item goes for and when it's a good time to snatch it. Then click the "Pct" column so it shows the good deals at the top.

Now start browsing through the latest pages. Hover over item icons if you're unsure and your TUJ addon will tell you the current market price. If it's a good deal, Buy it. Click the back arrow to browse through the other fairly recent auctions.
    Sometimes auctioneer will screw up and bring you to the first page of auctions, Browse through the first page or 2 and bid on any items that are low. These auctions will be ending within 30m, sometimes you can find a good deal. Once you're done click the magnifying glass again so it's highlighted, and it will bring you to the most recent pages.

WARNINGS: Diversity is key, Do Not Buy a bunch of one item unless you know you can get rid of them, otherwise you will be stuck with them for a while. Post them off a few a time, otherwise you will flood the market and get undercut.
    The auction house takes a 5% cut, and you have to pay a deposit when you post items, if it doesn't sell you will lose your deposit.
    I suggest you stay away from the lvl 85 darkmoon cards/trinkets and 85 boe epics. Their prices are declining fast and it's a suicide market to invest into, Unless you can get it for a steal and you know you'll be able to sell it for a profit, but it will be tough most of the time.

Retrieving Your Items

Go to the mailbox, make sure you have postal installed, and click "Open All" to retrieve all your items/money. It only handles 50 messages at a time, so after you collect your 50, wait 15-60 sec then go back to the mailbox to get the next set of messages.

If you have My Sales installed, you can look at all your auctions sold since downloading it and see who has bought what from you. If someone buys alot of an item, whisper them or wtite a letter to work out a private deal so you can cut out the AH (which takes 5% profit) It's also great for keeping track of how much money you have made. I installed it about a week ago and so far have sold 127k worth of auctions.

Selling Your Crap
    Go to the Auction House, and click on the Appraiser tab at the bottom. This will pull up a page with all the items in your inventory. Click on the item you want to sell and hit the refresh button at the bottom. This will scan the AH for all the same items and show them. Click "Buy/ea" until it shows a red arrow pointing up. This will list all the other auctions with the cheapest buyout first. Price your item (If it's profitable) for 1 silver less than the next one, as long as it's the cheapest, someone will buy it. You can price the bid for 1 silver less than their lowest as well (this will show up first for people without auctioneer installed) Do this with each item, Make sure to hit refresh each time to see the current prices, If there's some cheap ones be sure to buy them (But don't go overboard)

Many times you will go through alot of items and forget what you paid for them, just click the Bean Counter tab at the bottom and it will show you what you paid and sold the item for in the past. Make sure not to sell it for less than you bought it for.

Pro tips
    If you have expensive items (2-5k+) try to sell them in trade chat because the auction house takes a 5% cut. This adds up the more expensive it is
    Prices change day to day. Be sure to look up the item on TheUndermineJournal.com to see what it has been going for over the last couple weeks. Buy Low, Sell High. If prices are low, buy a bunch and save them in the bank for a couple days until prices go back up.
    If you see BoE blues/epics cheap, Don't be afraid to buy them. You can buy them for 20-50g and put them up on the AH for 300-500g. It may take a month or two to sell but everyone is looking for something. Be careful of 70/80 epics/blues. They are usually hard to sell because quest items from the next expansion are better. 10-59 blues and epics are great for profit though, alot of people have twinks.
    Utilize your professions. I'm JC/Ench so any time I see cheap ores/greens I snatch them up to prospect and disenchant.
    You can go into your auctioneer settings and set it so the window always stays on top. You can prospect/craft things while you're browsing through the recent auction house pages, Kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

High Risk/High Profit

Why just dominate your own Auction house when there's another to take over? Horde/Alliance have separate AH economies. If your market is crashing in a certain area and there are tons of materials for cheap. Check TheUndermineJournal.com for the other faction's prices. On my server the horde sell everything for about 20% more. Buy stacks of a cheap item on your faction and get ready to send them over.
    You will need 2 accounts, or a friend that you can trust with ALOT of money. I suggest borrowing their account so you can buy your auctions faster.
    The Neutral AH (Located in Booty Bay or Tanaris) will show items from both factions, but the deposit cost is extremely high, and it takes a 15-20% cut instead of 5%. To get around this, you can put your stacks up for 1 copper each, and buy them out on the other account/faction. This is where the high risk comes in. Anyone at the AH will jump to buy your auctions. You must keep this is mind, and it won't bother you until it actually happens and you learn the hard way.
    After you get the items feel free to go spam trade selling bulk items cheap or slowly post on the ah.
    The tough part is getting your money back on your original character. There are several ways to do this (And if anyone knows of any better ways, plz let me know) First way is the safe way, Use your friend's account and put a junk item up for as much gold as your cross-faction alt has. Buy it out on your account, but there will be a 15-20% cut, so make sure you sold your items for alot more than you would've if you kept it on the same side.
    The next way is High Risk, Buy some items that are cheap on the opposite faction compared to yours, or buy some cheap 85 epics and hope you can sell them for a decent amount on your side. Put them on the neutral AH for 1 copper and buy them out with your friends account. I bought 4 85 epics the other day and was having my friend buy them. I put unheeded warning up for 1 copper and Cha-Ching! Some random person bought it out and poof goes 10k. GM's will not restore your item and I tried telling him I was going to report him if he didn't return it but that was quickly replied with a smarta-- comment and ignore.
    The last way, which is also High Risk, and I think against the rules, is to post in trade that you are trading horde gold for alliance gold. Be careful because you might get scammed

It is alot to read, but thanks for reading. Once you get the hang of it you will be making gold faster than any farming strategy. I've had a couple of good steals. Someone posted Tsanga's Helm for 1,500g (I'm guessing a typo) and I sold it for 15,000g. Best of luck and happy farming (haha)

Farming the AH, Fastest Way to Get Rich
    Authil's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of old information, but thanks for the tip My Sales addon. +1

hpdark's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    be sure to get the TUJ addon if you don't have it yet. I think it's amazing

Authil's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by hpdark View Post
    be sure to get the TUJ addon if you don't have it yet. I think it's amazing
    The Undermine Journal page that is used together with that is US realms only.

Jebus11's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you from spirestone by chance OP?***

Either way, im going to check out that TUJ add-on, thank you for the tips!

EDIT***: someone said drama below me, but i didnt mean for it to be like that, so i changed my post.
    Last edited by Jebus11; 02-25-2011 at 10:13 PM.

pauk's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well not the fastest obviously, thats botting

markons's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/40
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pity that TUJ is only for US realms....

duling's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by pauk View Post
    well not the fastest obviously, thats botting
    Thats buying gold.

Cheat'R's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +rep for the undermine journal site.

Holy. Shit.

everix's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +rep for the undermine journal addon. never knew it existed

hpdark's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    picked up another steal, once again probably a typo, hurricane trinket for 1300, supposed to be 13k, sold for 10.

Darkev0's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cheat'R View Post
    +rep for the undermine journal site.

Holy. Shit.
    ^this +1 thanks

bonehand's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never seen someone deserve rep for something they didn't write, but just telling us about Undermine Journal...you got rep from me. Otherwise, pretty standard AH gold guide, but as someone looking for a server to move characters to, this saves me a lot of time where I would be creating cows and humans to see how the AH is doing.

Zuhi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WTB Undermine Journal for EU!

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the most epic site for WOW I have ever seen... it literally is perfect 0_0 - This brilliantly has shown me who some of my competitors are that I have been having trouble locking down and it will be able to allow me to strategize against their markets sooo much easier.

Brilliant mate! +rep just for telling me about the webpage lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast