1/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to be sure you don't get scammed when prospecting / deing

This guide was made by Sinshroud from other forum, I did ask him for permission to post it Its about nice addon that help you track loot from your party, I remember when I didnt have jewlecrafting/echanting and gave someone 50-100stacks to prospect or disenchant, used paper + pencil to write summary how many items he exctaly recived from prospect to make sure he did not scam me on mats. This addon will do it for you

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cokeroft made a thread how to somehow track how many items someone in your party gets from prospecting, milling, alchemy procs, DEing, etc. So you don't have you look at your chat window and add them up manually in order to make sure you aren't getting scammed.

Let's face it, the amount of subtle scamming that goes on like this is pretty high, especially when its something small that can be passed off as an "accidental mistake" so that Blizzard cannot easily punish the person.

Well there is a way! I use an addon called Xloot, which is actually an awesome tool for dealing with loot, especially for raid leaders.

I forgot to add in the above screenshot that "Unholyshield" is the player that is receiving the loot.

I currently have these components installed:
    • Xloot (core addon)
    • XlootGroup (minimalistic item roll frames - very nice)
    • XlootMaster (highly configurable master loot drop down menu)
    • XlootMonitor (a live monitor of loot picked up by yourself and party members)

For this specific solution, you will only need Xloot and XlootMonitor, but I would recommend getting the whole set because they work so darn nicely

Fadeout Timer:

First you will want to adjust the timeout option, basically the loot fades away over time from the list which is handy during raids because you don't want an entire dungeon list of loot clogging up your screen. But you don't want the items to fade away before your friend is finished prospecting or milling, etc.

Setting it to 0 will remove the fadeout timer so it won't fadeout. (I recommend this setting for when getting things prospected or milled, etc)

Stack Threshold:

This setting allows you to choose how many items you want to be displayed at once. In a raid you might only want say 3-5 items shown at a time (typical amount of boss loot). But on for prospecting and milling you might want to set it to 10 or even 20 to be safe.

UI Scale:

Lastly the UI scale by default for this is very small so it's not too obtrusive in your UI, but you may wish to increase it quite a bit.

Enjoy
    Last edited by Unholyshaman; 01-13-2011 at 12:03 PM.

How to be sure you don't get scammed when prospecting / deing
    Unholyshaman's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    20/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happened a lot to me the in past, you pretend you don't know how much you should get from it like "Ok thanks man, how many of everything did you get?". Then you see if they try scam you or not and bust them / report them

Nekan's Avatar Contributor
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, exctatly what I was doing but without this addon some time ago Paper + pencil or notepad to do the all the math.....

DK1989's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a pain in the A to keep track of for me so I usually just empty whatever I have of the item from my inventory, a slight pain but faster/less of a pain to me. Nicely done, thanks for bringing it over ^.^