0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[ROGUE] Reinforced Junk Box+ Alot of Cash in Alterac Valley

Hello, gents. I was in Alterac Valley today (AV weekend, ftw!) And decided i got bored of participating in the actual battle itself. So i do was all self-respecting asshats do, and started grinding on the Shamans found in the cave to the west of the AV starting gate (pretty good exp by doing this by the way). I noticed that the mobs however, could be pickpocketed! This is pretty awesome, since there are at least 100 mobs inside this cave. You should get between 20-50 junkboxes from these. Contrary to the name, the potions inside sell for 20g on my server, and you have a change to get Blue quality gems, and EPIC quality items. (Can sell for 1000g or so if you don't want them)

Mobs to pickpocket:

Use this macro to pickpocket if you want, it auto targets nearest enemy, and pickpockets them then untargets the mob, so you can just run by and spam it like crazy without needing to press anything else.

Code:
    #showtooltip Pick Pocket
    /console targetNearestDistance 8,000000
    /targetenemy [noharm][dead]
    /cast Pick Pocket
    /cleartarget
    Also, guys if you do this in the mine, since the mobs are lower level, (or if you're in 60-70 bracket or 71-79 bracket it still works on the people in the cave) You can get heavy junkboxes which sell for 5g-20g each. People buy these like wildfire for "The Insane" title. Just one post in tradechat and i got 3 offers, and now I'm farming 1000 of them for one guy(10,000gold, which is around 50 rounds of AV, which i do anyways.) I just made about 100 gold in a game of AV :P

Things which help:
    Subtlety tree is best for this in my humble opinion.
    it has master of deception, so mobs see you less, and it has camoflauge which increases your stealth speed by 15%. Also, you get preperation in case you fail with stealthing (Vanish reset) which helps in the mines, more on that later.

Also, you should really get the pickpocketing glyph, which increases the range of pickpocket by 5 yards (total of 10 yards) very useful.

Note: If you run out of mobs here, simply let them kill you, and run off over to the mines, and pickpocket the Kobolds there, theres hundreds of them, but watch out since a few of them AOE, the mines take 2nd priority though.

Pros
    • Good money
    • Lockpicking training
    • possible gems, and epic weapons
    • You still get EXP
    • Noone reports you AFK here
    • Noone will come and gank you

Another Spot:
    Pickpocketing the archer people who defend the towers. They yield a higher droprate of the boxes, and are few and far between, but it's easy to sneak behind enemy lines, pickpocket all the archers, then cap the tower, the archers will despawn. Do this with the other tower as well. In due time, an ally will come to cap the tower. The mobs will respawn, and you can pickpocket. this also helps your team. Might make this a seperate guide later.

Have fun pickpocketing!
    Last edited by Picklesowner; 09-14-2010 at 07:15 AM.

[ROGUE] Reinforced Junk Box+ Alot of Cash in Alterac Valley
    Deathyaw's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    62/31
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WoW Imba Nice find ;D +rep

Picklesowner's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. Also, i found pickpocketing the guards gives even better loot, (a much higher droprate of boxes, except that they are few and far between of course).

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Also: CAUTION trying to pickpocket Vanadar XD he raped me rofl

Vixxi's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #showtooltip Pick Pocket
    /console targetNearestDistance 8,0
    /cast Pick Pocket
    /cleartarget
    /console targetNearestDistance 42,0

please, so people don't get ****ed up tab targeting.

Picklesowner's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Vixxi View Post
    #showtooltip Pick Pocket
    /console targetNearestDistance 8,0
    /cast Pick Pocket
    /cleartarget
    /console targetNearestDistance 42,0

please, so people don't get ****ed up tab targeting.
    Just curious, what is the difference between your macro and mine? I'll replace it and +rep if it's better.

Edited this into the guide: Also, guys if you do this in the mine, since the mobs are lower level, (or if you're in 60-70 bracket or 71-79 bracket) You can get heavy junkboxes which sell for 5g each. Made about 100 gold in a game of AV :P

Remus's Avatar Banned

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/guides/305929-make-300-gold-per-alterac-valley.html#post1952887.