Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really nice guide. I like the structure and quality of the content, it's also a bonus that you kept it short and simple while still pointing out many important facts and probelms that occur in arena.
    In my opinion, this article is more useful and better than most of the stuff you would get on sites like SkillCapped etc.

The only thing I want to point out is, that getting gladiator isn't just as easy as it seems with the topic title. You need to have in-depth knowledge of the game and all classes, to be able to deal with all the situations that can occur. The standard 1200-1800 rated player (90 % of all arena players) doesn't have that usually. This, coupled with the right teammates and a lot of dedication is needed, you can't just learn to become gladiator with just reading a guide, no matter how good the guide is.

By the way, it would be nice to see a general guide about arena from you, or guides about specific setups as well!

[Guide] The way to Gladiator | Resto Druids in Arena
    Classicclean's Avatar Constructeur de lá Fotz
    Thanks G/R
    0/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ArenaRating View Post
    Really nice guide. I like the structure and quality of the content, it's also a bonus that you kept it short and simple while still pointing out many important facts and probelms that occur in arena.
    In my opinion, this article is more useful and better than most of the stuff you would get on sites like SkillCapped etc.

The only thing I want to point out is, that getting gladiator isn't just as easy as it seems with the topic title. You need to have in-depth knowledge of the game and all classes, to be able to deal with all the situations that can occur. The standard 1200-1800 rated player (90 % of all arena players) doesn't have that usually. This, coupled with the right teammates and a lot of dedication is needed, you can't just learn to become gladiator with just reading a guide, no matter how good the guide is.

By the way, it would be nice to see a general guide about arena from you, or guides about specific setups as well!
    Yes. I agree with you. Like I've already said in the introduction this guide isn't a bulletproof way to gladiator, just some tips
    Hmm. A general guide ..that would be very complex and I don't have an idea what I should include and what not
    But you should keep your eyes open for some arena vids..going to upload them and posting them here later

AfterMidnight's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God I hope you have alts, this guide is golden!
    MOARR!!
    +Rep

Thanks G/R
    0/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    added a new video and the video section to the guide!

btw! If anyone is interested in a druid rogue 2v2 video-guide I could do that
    Last edited by Classicclean; 06-26-2010 at 11:17 AM.

BaboonX's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Classicclean View Post
    added a new video and the video section to the guide!
    the quality of my newest vid will improve, just need to wait for youtube :s

btw! If anyone is interested in a druid rogue 2v2 video-guide I could do that
    I would be interested, as I have 2 druids and a rogue friend :P.

You guide was really nice +rep

Thanks G/R
    0/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by BaboonX View Post
    I would be interested, as I have 2 druids and a rogue friend :P.

You guide was really nice +rep
    I think I'm going to fraps some games then

edit: currently rendering some 2on2 clips and wrote the first lines of the 2v2 guide
    Last edited by Classicclean; 06-27-2010 at 03:00 AM.

Icelandic1717's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Classicclean View Post
    @Icelandic
    Bear form is ONLY better than eating mana burns when you're going to eat more than 2 burns. If you can travelform out of range or LoS without eating more then 2 mana burns, don't shift. Since WotLK bear form costs 1.1k mana and you just gimp yourself while in bear like you've already said. It really depends on the arena but in general you shouldn't eat mana burns in 3s. Either your team is doing so less pressure or they aren't helping you controlling the priest. You should always keep priests slowed anyway (if possible) so you've got free time to cc him and change positions etc because you would get into a bad position if you need to run away from the priest the whole game. Just keep the priest slowed/or focus/switch on him when he starts burning and cyclone him when he gets near and switch sides after it. You could also tell me what LineUp you're playing..that would help me alot and I could give you some specific tips
    Well, only 856 mana if you have natural shapeshifter talent in resto, but I take your point. I would assume maps like Ring of Skill would probably use bear form more because of the limited LoS opportunities. I've taken great care in learning when the pillars move, but it's still a pretty shitty map. Anyway, I don't have a team right now because of some flaky-ass players, so I've just been healing a hunter/ele shaman comp in the 1800s while I try to find some higher-tier players. Shit. Sucks.

haggle's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont play resto druid but must say that this is a pretty awesome guide. Nice job man.

[LT]'s Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to see some more videos. And is it possible you can upload your UI ?.
    https://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/guides/264682-achievement-onyxias-lair-level-60-3-2-2-hunter.html

Thanks G/R
    0/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by [LT] View Post
    I would like to see some more videos. And is it possible you can upload your UI ?.

Yeah, I think I'm going to fraps some more games then. Currently focusing on 2's videos for my other guide, but I've got some footage from ATR. Only need to render and upload it (and this takes about ~3-4 hours).
    My UI: RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    It would be nice if someone could reupload it with a rapidshare account, I will post the link here then. Otherwise I will reupload it some more

[LT]'s Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must be doing something wrong I placed the WTF and Interface folders into my world of warcraft folder renamed my account name, server name and char name but i still get this when I login.

https://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/guides/264682-achievement-onyxias-lair-level-60-3-2-2-hunter.html

Thanks G/R
    0/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wherever you can choose a profile in the addon-config, choose it. Then you should be fine. If this doesn't work, either. I'm going to ask somebody who knows more about addons than me

doodlydude's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing Guide :O Definatly helped me, I had wrong gems and my talent build sucked xD Thanks!

thedruid's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You didn't mention the comp DPS (Resto Druid, Shadow Priest and Elemental Shaman). It's a really good comp. Insane burst and at the same time 3 healers. We played at 2.5-2.6k mmr with it and i think we would have gone higher if the shaman didn't go emo, win ratio of 95% after 100 games

Thanks G/R
    0/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by thedruid View Post
    You didn't mention the comp DPS (Resto Druid, Shadow Priest and Elemental Shaman). It's a really good comp. Insane burst and at the same time 3 healers. We played at 2.5-2.6k mmr with it and i think we would have gone higher if the shaman didn't go emo, win ratio of 95% after 100 games
    The comp is not very popular and after your opponents realise that you have got NO peels for your druid, they stomp your druid every game in split seconds. Espacially RLS, RMP and Heroic RLS or meleecleaves will do that
    As you can see in this video (the first clip): Squackles 1 By Squackles - World of Warcraft Movies
    Last edited by Classicclean; 07-04-2010 at 01:13 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast