0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cataclysm Runecloth = Easy Gold

This could be extremely common knowledge or have been posted (I made sure to try four different search strings before I posted) but the plan I have for the expansion and gold is runecloth. Everyone is going to want a shot at the new Worgen or Goblin mounts ASAP.

If the vendors do go into the game as the Draenei and Blood Elf ones did in Burning Crusade the worst case scenario is 560 stacks of runecloth from neutral to exalted. With the inflated amount of gold some players have and the time required to amass that much runecloth (even through the Auction House) I believe there will be quite a few players who are willing to pay an absurd amount of gold for that mount.

Even if the vendors do not get put in you will still have an audience of brand new Worgen and Goblin characters that could be interested (as nothing has shown from the Cataclysm leaks that these turn-ins are removed from the original races).

Some tips:
    1) Create a guild bank for storage. Not only does this save you space but it also can transition in to an easy sale (sell the guild bank - not 500+ stacks of runecloth).
    2) This is very easily botted (see below for ideas of mobs).
    3) If you have an enchanter this can also be a good money maker as the enchanting mats from the uncommons that drop from these sames mobs have gotten fairly expensive on most servers.

Mob list from WoWHead:
    Runecloth - Item - World of Warcraft

Tyr's Hand and Sorrow Hill in the Plaguelands are two of my favorite spots as they are almost never occupied and have tightly packed, easy to AoE mobs. Sorrow Hill has a much more limited supply but I enjoy the break from grinding to tab out and read forums.

Overall Stratholme is a real solid bet too and much better for making other gold. Mobs do have a few annoying abilities like silences in there however.

Cataclysm Runecloth = Easy Gold
    Neer's Avatar Trend Rider Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    177/828
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ever heard of stratholme? Best place to farm Runecloth IMHO
    The stacks will be endless

b3vad's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think they need some (60) of wool cloth , silk cloth and Mageweave cloth before they can go for runecloth so collecting some of that can keep some of customers from going to AH
    best place to farm wool can be "scarlet monastery" - for silk and Mageweave "zul'farak"

gezus's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accept for Blizzard has stated that Goblin and Worgen reputation will NOT be obtained through cloth turn ins. Instead it will be through questing and other rep turn ins that pertain to said new area.
    Teh Gez (òÓ,)_\,,/

stalkerzero's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by gezus View Post
    Accept for Blizzard has stated that Goblin and Worgen reputation will NOT be obtained through cloth turn ins. Instead it will be through questing and other rep turn ins that pertain to said new area.
    I suppose I must have missed that bit of info. I did check in and the cloth npcs are still there for the other races. So there still is potential barring a change there. I have sold two 530 lots of runecloth so far at 5000g. Taking advantage of people's laziness will always be one of the most solid ways to make gold.

Confidence's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is basically the same thing I was talking about in this thread: http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...king-tips.html

Stocking up on cloth, enchanting mats, etc. targeted in that level bracket.

tekstorm's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Confidence View Post
    This is basically the same thing I was talking about in this thread: http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...king-tips.html

Stocking up on cloth, enchanting mats, etc. targeted in that level bracket.
    Which has been posted on every wow gold making blog on the net...

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by tekstorm View Post
    Which has been posted on every wow gold making blog on the net...
    Exactly how I compiled my information, yet it hasn't been posted here until now. My information wouldn't be very reputable had it not been thought up based on other reputable sources, now would it? He on the other hand just took one of the ideas and recreated it into a new thread -- which is unnecessary because it's already here.

stalkerzero's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So because my thread has something to do with low level mats then it's just like your thread that is based around collecting low level materials for selling to level tradeskills?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by stalkerzero View Post
    So because my thread has something to do with low level mats then it's just like your thread that is based around collecting low level materials for selling to level tradeskills?
    Yes, in that the intentions are to sell those low-level materials during Cataclysm but to stock up before.

jdd20's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Confidence View Post

Yes, in that the intentions are to sell those low-level materials during Cataclysm but to stock up before.
    Yeah, but he specifies WHY to get them (not just saying stuff like Oh get vanilla enchant mats for new worgen/goblins)
    He also specifies where to get them and gives you tips on what to do with it, such as getting a guild bank for storage.

Yeah, it may be semi-common knowledge, but it still helps, doesn't it?
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jdd20 View Post
    Yeah, but he specifies WHY to get them (not just saying stuff like Oh get vanilla enchant mats for new worgen/goblins)
    He also specifies where to get them and gives you tips on what to do with it, such as getting a guild bank for storage.

Yeah, it may be semi-common knowledge, but it still helps, doesn't it?
    Actually that's exactly what I did, and my post was dated earlier. Did you even read my thread, or are you mixing the two up? I tell you why you need to get a lot of trade goods at low levels and why, and also to get a guild bank for storage - that's what I said.