Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Engineering] Jeeves, a COMPLETE guide (including shadowforge key)

So I searched Jeeves, didn't really find much in terms of all the steps that you should take to make him, so I thought I'd guide you through it. The mats that I give are already totaled up, just buy and create, no need to multiply.

So you just got 450 engineering and you are probably feeling a bit empty. BoP pets, a mailbox... can't really make money off of arrows or bullets since you don't raid enough to get the reputation, a portal generator with a four hour cooldown... Well who cares?! You get your own kick@$$ butler! This guy can even check your BANK, seriously, you can save like a whole... 5 minutes!

Jeeves

That's right your own robot butler. And, he has a jetpack, seriously, a jetpack.

Now I know what you're thinking, oh great Abhorsenjay, how can I get one of these godly robot butlers? Well, you poor miserable excuse for an engineer, I will show you

STEP 1:

You need to get Schematic: Jeeves obviously. This can be "salvaged" (the engineering equivalent of mining) from dead mechanicals in Storm Peaks using an Arclight Spanner

You'll be killing Library Guardians, they look a bit like Jeeves actually. Kill, salvage, kill, salvage, etc. The drop rate IS low, however, so keep trying. Being the godly engineer that I am, I got it my first try, for others it can take hours.

The map:

STEP 2:

Alright you got your schematic, feeling pretty sweet now right? Well you shouldn't be, take a look at the mats

Parts for Jeeves:

Field Repair Bot 74A x2

Field Repair Bot 110G x10

Scrapbot Construction Kit x20

Titansteel Bar x8

King's Amber x2

Handful Cobalt Bolts x30

That should take you down a few pegs, not to worry though, I will guide you through each one

FIELD REPAIR BOT 74A

The recipe for this sucker is in Black Rock Depths, next to Golem Lord Argelmach. Get the shadowforge key (see end of guide for instructions on how to obtain this), unlock the gate on your left, go forward a bit, turn right and unlock the gate, then go forward again and unlock the door on the left. Go forward and there will be a gear, there's a little pillar-like thing connected to the gear that you can click to dislodge the gear. Once that's down go up the ramp, and hug the left wall. A passage will have now opened up, cross the bridge. From there on it's pretty much self explanatory. The schematic will be on the floor in a scroll sort of thing, right click it and bask in all its glory.

Sub-materials:

32 Thorium Bar
    4 Fused Wiring

You get Fused Wiring from engineering as well:

6 Delicate Copper Wire
    4 Essence of Fire

FIELD REPAIR BOT 110G

So by now you've figured out that your robot is essentially a cannibal of sorts, a scientific experiment gone wrong at blizzard HQ that survived by feasting upon his former minions. Anyhow... You get this schematic from Gan'arg Analyzers in Blade's Edge Mountains

Once again, they have quite a low drop rate, keep at it though you'll get it eventually (10-40 kills is the norm). As usual, being the amazing engineer I am, I bent the server to my will and it dropped first try. I also pillaged their villages and raped their women.

Sub-materials:

16 Adamantite Bar
    16 Handful of Fel Iron Bolts

mats for this:
    16 Fel Iron Bar

2 Khorium Power Core
    mats for this:
    6 Khorium Bar
    2 Primal Fire

SCRAPBOT CONSTRUCTION KIT

You get the schematic for this by completing:

The Prototype Console

which is a follow up to:

SCRAP-E

This quest starts from a SCRAP-E Access Card which drops from the Library Guardians in STEP 1. To complete this quest you need to bring

4 Handful of Cobalt Bolts
    mats for this:
    ~6 Cobalt Bar

5 Overcharged Capacitor
    mats for this:
    16 Cobalt Bar
    4 Crystallized Earth

to SCRAP-E at the Grom'Arsh Crash Site

After you get the schematic it will take:
    40 Saronite Bar

TITANSTEEL BAR

What? You thought your Butler would use normal Titanium, or normal Steel? Hah! I laugh at your logical conclusion. No young fool, your butler needs solid Titansteel Bars

If you are making them yourself the mats are:
    21 Titanium Bar
    mats for this:
    42 Titanium Ore
    alternatively you can transmute them
    168 Saronite Bar

8 Eternal Fire
    8 Eternal Earth
    8 Eternal Shadow

KING'S AMBER

There are a few ways you can get these gems, I will go through all the ones I know of.

#1 Buy with honor

A few patches ago Blizzard added my good friend Captain O'Neal to the Champions Hall in Stomwind. For 20 000 honor you too can walk away with 2 epic gems.

As for getting this honor there are a few methods. The first is an excellent way of getting rid of your Wintergrasp Marks of Honor and excess Stone Keeper's Shards.

Wintergrasp Commendation

9 Wintergrasp Mark of Honor
    OR
    30 Stone Keeper's Shard

Alternatively, you can trade in miscellaneous Marks of Honor at battle masters in Orgrammar, Stormwind City and Dalaran for 185 honor each.

#2 Alchemy

You can also transmute one of these babies with alchemy

mats for this:
    2 Autumn's Glow
    2 Eternal Life

HANDFUL OF COBALT BOLTS

Alright you panzy, we're just about finished here just need to make some Cobalt Bolts

mats:

60 Cobalt Bar

Okay! Now you're finished and you have an ultra leet mega sexy uber robot butler to show off to your girlfriend, you do have one right? Oh also it has a one hour cooldown, that's the price you have to pay in order to bask in the sheer glory of his robot butlerness. Try it out! Go queue for a random with friends, everyone will be like "umg how u git that robot!?!?!?1111" and your E-peen will grow EXPONENTIALLY. We're talking 10 to the power of like over 9000 here.

I totally jacked this picture.....

SUBGUIDE - SHADOWFORGE KEY

Alright nubcake, clearly you were asleep during the last... oh I don't know... three years? Or you would have had this sweet mother of all keys right now. Have no fear though, I shall guide your nubly butt through the process (I will skim the essentials and provide a link to a full guide, don't want to take anybody's credit).

Get to Blackrock mountain. Now go look at your investment portfolio. Notice all those failing stocks? Excellent, now that you are feeling somewhat suicidal and masochistic go jump in the lava and kill yourself. As a ghost run back and travel down the chain to the center pillar. Go inside this pillar and keep following the path, eventually you'll come across a dead guy who you can talk to. Talk to this guy and grab his quest.

For the sake of convenience I will assume you know how to find Blackrock Depths (will also post link to another guide in case you don't). Go inside and head straight. Clear your way up and make to the Halls of Law (refer to map earlier in this guide). There is a room on your left with High Interrogator Gerstahn. Kill him for the Prison Cell key.

Take your first right to the detention block and go into the ring of law. A survival event will start, just keep killing the mobs that spawn. After this go through the door on your left and up the ramp. You are now in the East Garrison. Take down the mobs and take a very hard right. The door you are going through will lead you to right above where you just fought (the upper Ring of Law). Don't talk to the Spectators, they are cranky and like to kill people like you.

Head left and take the door. Go down the ramp and kill the mobs. Once that is clear take a left. You will be heading towards a bridge with two fire elementals on each side. Clear the mobs and hug the left wall to go into another room. Once you turn the corner, straight ahead there will be a doorway. Continue around the circle, go through the second door on the right. Once through the doorway clear the boss and his mobs. Ironfel is a wandering mob, kill him.

Go back the way came, to that ramp down from the upper part of the ring of law. Take a right, around the corner at the end of the hall is a statue. Put Ironfel on the statue. Grats, you now have the shadowforge key.

For an even more detailed guide see here:
    Thottbot > Comments > Items > Shadowforge Key > The story - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

Quest: Dark Iron Legacy

Vid, not by me, thought it might help:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjuWgUxJ9ZA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjuWgUxJ9ZA[/ame]

I did my best to paraphrase and interpret.

Cheers!

Last edited by abhorsenjay; 04-29-2010 at 08:10 AM. Reason: "umg how u git that robot!?!?!?1111"

[Engineering] Jeeves, a COMPLETE guide (including shadowforge key)
    Bloomfalls's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well-written guide, cheers.

I Hypnotoad I's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is VERY well-written. Hell, explained a lot for me when I tried to get this countless times.

Its always fun running randoms with my friends and having the guy from a different realm say to my friend "umg how u git that robot!?!?!?1111"

Dragon[Sky] can get into our signatures, AND our pants.

abhorsenjay's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by I Hypnotoad I View Post
    This is VERY well-written. Hell, explained a lot for me when I tried to get this countless times.

Its always fun running randoms with my friends and having the guy from a different realm say to my friend "umg how u git that robot!?!?!?1111"
    I am totally adding "umg how u git that robot!?!?!?1111" into here, thanks ^^

Edit: Also I must say th-ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD *BzZZzzzzZz*
    Last edited by abhorsenjay; 04-04-2010 at 10:32 PM.

Subset's Avatar Vanaka
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I have yet to get Jeeves crafted on my character (fail) I find this useful.

Kitsuji's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Extremely well written, I actually read the entire thing xD +Rep for you my friend

batax's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not an engineer but you sure diserves 2x +Rep for all that. Thanks!

junkkiller's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice guide +4 rep from me!!

Reflection's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very well done! +6 when I'm off cooldown.

Freelance Digital Artist
    https://reflectionartwork.deviantart.com
    You did not desert me
    My brothers in arms

paralyzed's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You good sir, are a genius.
    And ur fkkin funnyzz

DustyGoblin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great guide! 2+ rep.
    needs moar goldz

iroh123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thankyou so much man, been wondering weere to get this from asked so many people response most time NFI

Rogueshaadow's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wanna say if you don't got shadow forge key. you can also use this hack
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/bots-p...-hack-wow.html

Stephaniex's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice guide, had my share of laughs!!!

+Rep

abhorsenjay's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the great feedback! I really appreciate it, any suggestions or ideas for my next guide are welcome!
    Backups? We don't *NEED* no steenking baX%^~,VbKx NO CARRIER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast