0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Gold]A List of things to do/buy before you Faction Change

I'm going to preface this by saying that some people are going to think that this is common sense, some people are also going to say that you can just sell them on the neutral AH (where applicable). If you don't like the idea behind it then don't worry about it and please just move on. If not, then read on!

Good website to use to check current/past prices and see if any of this is even worth doing: wowecon.com - World of Warcraft Auction House Price Database

I would recommend using that website before you go and purchase the more expensive items, the smaller 50s items and the like are guaranteed profit but the more expensive items are usually a lot riskier because there may not even be a market for them.

Horde

Pets to Purchase from vendors They all cost 50s except where noted (best to purchase multiples, I usually buy at least 10 of each):

Pet to farm (this sells REALLY well, but its a rare drop, if you plan on changing but not til a later date its a good idea to just camp your toon there):

Pets to check the AH for: (Buying these cheap on your side and taking them to the alliance for a quick profit is an easy amount of money *if you have the money*, anything 400g or less is pretty much a guaranteed buy)

I can usually buy these for 400 or so, flip them for over 800. But, thats entirely dependent on your server (as is a lot of methods).

Recipes to purchase (these don't sell as well as pets, but there's also less people selling them):

Only linking the 3 that I have personally had success selling, I don't know why these sell better then the others...

Alliance

Pets to Purchase from vendors They all cost 50s except where noted (best to purchase multiples, I usually buy at least 10 of each):

** This pet is sold by Lil Timmy - NPC - World of Warcraft as many of you know, it fetches a very high price on the horde AH and its a great sale if you can manage to get one from Timmy himself. If not, its usually still worth it to buy from the alliance AH for 100g or so and then quickly resell it on the horde AH for 400g+.

Pets to check the AH for: (Buying these cheap on your side and taking them to the horde for a quick profit is an easy amount of money *if you have the money*, anything 400g or less is pretty much a guaranteed buy)

Recipes to purchase

Only these two have ever really sold:

Neutral Stuff

These items may or may not be able to flip. However, I've had success both ways when looking at the more noticeable items. For example, on my server the Frosthide Leg Armor - Item - World of Warcraft cost 140g or so alliance, on horde, at least 250g, usually 300g and you can check wowecon to find out. So, without much ado:

Any of the major glyphs, the difference on my server is usually 20-30g either way. As such, its usually worth buying up some of the 3-4g glyphs and then changing and getting at least 10g per, usually more.

Hope you enjoyed it, it probably could of been more thorough but I didnt have much time! And sorry the format kinda sucks. I'll try to fix it a bit.
    Last edited by TrueRomance; 03-04-2010 at 04:05 PM.

[Gold]A List of things to do/buy before you Faction Change
    ßetray's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I agree that it is somewhat common sense, I think the post is well made and detailed with logic behind the points above.

+rep for a well made thread.

darkzippy's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also,

If you have enough gold, just buy stuff like:

- orbs to make gear
    - any epics / darkmoon cards you can make profit with on other side
    - eternals
    - gems
    - pots
    - enchanting mats

Actually just check out the AH with anything that has a value and do some comparison with the other faction..

I personally buy all my Icethorn on alliance side for 7G/Stack while on horde they remain at 20G/stack etc, doing things like this doesn't realy need faction change.
    Just be on PvE server and do some merchanting.

- still + rep for the nice overview

"Fear, is the true opiate of combat"

late1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got myself a second account to do this. I shuffle mostly the 50s pets from ally>horde and vice versa. Pets go for anything between 8 and 50 gold.. You might think it's not too much, but when you stack up 40 of each pet, you'll get a load of gold with practically no effort..

I always check the ah when I log in/out to see if my pets are the cheapest. Don't flood the market, keep 3-4 pets at a time, so even when people buy some, there is still a few pets around. Always undercut (duh), it doesn't really matter if it's 8 or 80g, since it will always be a profit from the 50 silver + some minor postage fees that you used to get them.

But to really make it interesting and actually worth your while, ADVERTISE! I always create a macro with a simple line on /trade. Don't just go with a boring "horde/ally pets on ah blah blah", make it interesting!

My ad's always have something extra in them, to make people smile/laugh and I usually get a whisper that says "I'll buy them just because you made me laugh!"

"Lots of horde pets on the AH! Including 3 different dragonhawks, 2 snakes and the cute prairie dog! Save one before the Stormwind City Council will have the exterminated"

Something along the lines, that maybe touches the human being in (hopefully) most of the players will make them buy a few

And considering the recipes, Recipe: Savory Deviate Delight might cost you 500g on horde side, but it sells for more than 1000g on alliance ah.

But before you do anything, always check both ah's to make sure there's not a flood of your chosen stuff in, or you'll end up with a gold loss and a crapload of pets you don't need..
    "I'm not an optical illusion, I just look like one."

Nietzsche, 1882: "God is dead"
    God, 1900: "Nietzsche is dead"

gippy's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    293/139
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Albino Snake - Item - World of Warcraft - albino snake

is a neutral vendor in dalaran, both factions can buy it.

TrueRomance's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by gippy View Post
    Albino Snake - Item - World of Warcraft - albino snake

is a neutral vendor in dalaran, both factions can buy it.
    Whoops, thanks. Fixed!

Bunster's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish i knew about this before i changed my rogue to horde lol but thx for the heads up im gonna be moving all my 80's horde

darkpinochio's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    something that could be cool to keep would be the helm dropped from that dwarf in uldaman ^^, or something similair

jfazau's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was excited about this... untill I realised pets don't stack. My tranfer toon's banks and bags are already filled to bursting with glyphs I did grab a few of the rare pets though, thanks.