Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Twelvepence's -Unofficial- Guide to Fury Warrior Dpsing

Welcome to "Twelvepence's -Unofficial- Guide to Fury Warrior Dpsing"

First of all, I would just like to say I have been a Leecher on this forum for over a year, mainly because I made an account about 3 years ago and never looked again since. But for the past few weeks I've been loading up Mmowned on a daily basis to see what new guides/exploits have come up. Finally, I decided, this is in-just and it is my turn to contribute to the community

What to expect:

- "Wordy" chunks of text.
    - Not just what you should do, but also the reasons why.

What not to expect:

- "Lolololol get some gear naaaab and spam random buttons!"
    - Me TELLING you what to do. Take this guide as an advice statement, not an instruction manual.
    - Your DPS to change in any way, shape, or form.

I would also like to point out that I am aware that other people have made similar guides, however, none of them play their Warrior in the same style I play mine.

-Contents of Guide-

1. Talents and Glyphs
    2. Gearing and Gemming
    3. Rotation

1 - Talents and Glyphs

Jumping straight in, the simple "cookie-cutter" talent tree for any Fury Warrior is: The World of Warcraft Armory

Reasons for "QUESTIONNABLE" talents:

Unbridled Wrath: The main reason I choose 5 points in this, is because no other talents will actually affect your DPS. The other options are "Booming Voice" which will only increase the duration, which isn't needed in most raids, due to the fact that you will have "Blessing of Might". "Improved Demoralizing Shout" is also a pretty useless talent. Personally, I don't bother ever using Demoralizing Shout, even if the tank isn't a warrior, as the difference is minimal and unnecessary if you have a good tank, which you should, and if not, you shouldn't be raiding with a fail tank

Heroic Fury: With "Anger Management" being the only other viable and necessary DPS talent, I decided not to choose it. Firstly, even with rage playing the main role in a Warrior's DPS, an extra 1 rage per 3 seconds is just not worth a talent point spending on.

So I chose "Heroic Fury" purely for the fact that since Wrath of the Lich King, all the 'Tank and Spank' tactics for bosses have been put to an end, and for most bosses it does result in being knocked back/rooted and being 'Out of Range' from a boss/mob.

Having "Heroic Fury" allows a Warrior to get out of rooting effects, which is helpful against bosses such as Keristrasza, that pesky dragon at the end of "The Nexus".

Also, it helps to refresh the cooldown of your intercept, for bosses such as the last phase of "Onyxia" when you get wing-buffeted backwards, you can intercept when in range more often to get more damage on the boss.

Glyphs

Major:

"Glyph of Whirlwind" Is, without a doubt, the most prioritised Glyph for a Fury Warrior, as it is the highest hitting ability, and the Rotation I use would not be do-able without it.

"Glyph of Cleaving this hits an extra target, which will help for AoE DPS-ing

"Glyph of Heroic Strike this grants 10 bonus rage whenever you critical strike with a Heroic Strike, and seeing as you will be using this a lot, it's worth getting.

Minor:

"Glyph of Bloodrage" this won't increase your DPS, but seeing as it takes off health, it's worth using JUST in case you die because of a lack of a few hundred health. A Warrior alive does A LOT more damage than a dead one

"Glyph of Battle" saves rage per fight, as you won't have to re-apply Battle Shout, if you lack BoM and have little Paladin's in your raid.

"Glyph of Command" also saves rage per fight, as you won't have to re-apply Commanding Shout, if you don't have a Warrior tank.

2 - Gearing and Gemming

Gearing

Personally, I have taken Tier set bonuses over Item level on gear. 2% extra raw critical chance from the Tier 9 set bonus is a huge advantage, I haven't yet gotten to 2 parts Tier 10, but I'm sure a 16% extra "Attack Power" proc will greatly increase my DPS.

You need to aim for 164 hit rating through Gear OR if necessary Gems. 164 hit rating will give you 5% chance to hit, which with the talent "Precision" gives you a 8% hit chance, which is the cap for your special abilities (Yellow hits). Do not try to aim for 5% only, having more is useful as less of your whites missing = less misses which then results in more rage. However, do not go for too much hit rating and dropping other more useful stats.

Also, if you're going to raid seriously, and to achieve your optimum DPS, you're going to need to get "Expertise" capped. The cap for this is 215 rating, or 26/26. Gem for this if you're a regular raider, as it is extremely necessary.

For your weapons, just go with the best DPS for the Main-Hand and the lower for the Off-Hand. If in a case where they are the same DPS, whichever is slower should go in your Main-hand. However, if they are the same speed AND DPS, then it really doesn't matter.

Gemming

To settle the huge debate, in my own opinion, Armor Penetration > Strength until your gear is practically all 264 Item Level and you have an insane amount of Armor Penetration through just gear.

So I stacked all 20 Armor Penetration Epic Gems. (Fractured Cardinal Ruby).

The META I advise using is "Relentless Earthsiege Diamond" which gives 21 Agility and 3% Increased Critical Damage. I use this instead of the "Chaotic Skyflare Diamond" due to the fact that I would have to socket 2 Blue Gems, which would be 10 "Armor Penetration" and 15 "Stamina" which would result in me losing 20 "Armor Penetration". But instead, I use a "Nightmare's Tear" in an item with only 1 socket slot, so I get the bonus from the item as well.

3 - Rotation

Okay, to begin this, most Fury Warrior's will actually claim that there is no "Rotation" to this. However, I would disagree.

I tend to find that instead of using the priority system:

1. Whirlwind
    2. Bloodthirst
    3. Slam Procs
    4. Heroic Strike (60+ rage)

and using the rotation:

1. Whirlwind
    2. Bloodthirst
    3. ON GCD Procs: Slam, Death Wish, Recklessness, Heroic Throw (Only Use ONE)
    4. Bloodthirst

I can actually get better DPS.

Here is a video of me doing some DPS on an 80 Grandmaster's Training Dummy using my Rotation:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP8sJ7N3Jk0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP8sJ7N3Jk0[/ame]

I would like to thank you for taking your time to read this guide, and I hope that it will implicate all you button-spamming Warriors out there to start playing the same way that I do.

I would appreciate feedback and would like to see if this actually helped anyone, or if I just wasted hours of my time, which I would otherwise spend doing nothing anyway.
    Last edited by duelmagi; 02-27-2010 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Sorting out YouTube box.

Twelvepence's -Unofficial- Guide to Fury Warrior Dpsing
    ryanlist's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok on the subject of armour pen that is prolly the breifest and worst description i have heard yet..
    Most forums say u gem arp if u can hit the arp soft cap (wich is 100%arp on trinket proc) this is incorrect. Seeming u need to wait for the trinket to proc for u to pull your full capable dps and needle encrusted scorpion doesnt proc much it is not viable. The way to go with arp is only start gemming if u can hit 99%arp from gear without proc in wich case u should still try and get to 100% once u hit 100% stop gemming though

duelmagi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh sorry, I finished this at 4 in the morning, chances are I missed a LOT of detail out in most things. Actually I think the thing with Armor Penetration is: The more of it you have, the better. As you get more, your DPS increases, dramatically. It scales up, E.G. Say you have 200 ArP Rating, this would be classed as 20%. But if you hit 400 ArP rating, this would be over 20%, about 22.5% I think. So the more, the merrier.

These % Numbers are NOT the Armor Penetration %'s that you will get in-game, but I'm using them as examples to show the scaling.
    Last edited by duelmagi; 02-28-2010 at 07:27 AM.

ryanlist's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok arp gives u nothing over 100% NOTHING... And it has been proven that arp is inferiour to str unless u can hit or get close to hardcap srsly do your reasearch b4 making a guide. And fyi 200arp is not 100% lol

Try reading In-Depth Fury DPS Discussion - Elitist Jerks and
    Wotlk Fury Warrior Guide then maybe i mean maybe comment

Srsly i do hope that u are trolling as i havent met anyone that has ever said u should go over 100% arp

boomkinner's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heroic fury is absolutely useless if youre only pve imo (and yes i have a fury warrior..)

duelmagi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Ryanlist, I was using them as examples, I'll change it now.

Taylor123123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... Rotation should be Bloodlust - Whirlwind - (Slam proc) - Heroic strike (60+ Rage)

ryanlist's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeh im just trying to help out seeming me and a few of the other top fury warriors on our server have spent 8kgold ++ regeming and testing arp trying to figure out whats worth gemming for and whats not. Basicly as i said before we found it only worth gemming if u can hit 98% without a proc trinket.

Couwae's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Couwae; 01-18-2023 at 09:37 AM.

duelmagi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To "wantwowserver1", I couldn't see my rage bar as the recount box was in the way :X

nathanaos's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    total fail guide... 80% of the explanations are wrong

tahlatri's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a raiding Fury Warrior I have to agree with almost all the others here, your rotation is lacking, i started playing a Fury warrior 2 months ago and i barely know anything about DPSing as a warrior and i already get over your DPS in ilevel gear that is not 264, your rotation is slow and more like a disney ride than anything I have heard or seen done by other fury warriors.

M-real's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heroic Fury sucks and is Useless, Anger management All the way

rechargez's Avatar Member Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TY! I never dps on my prot warrior.

Slint's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    6/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by M-real View Post
    Heroic Fury sucks and is Useless, Anger management All the way
    Wrong on both counts.

Heroic Fury is actually great for some high end fights, and can be spec'd into without losing any DPS.

eg. Extra Intercept on Putricide for Ooze killing/returning to boss

There are numerous other situations where HF is worth using in ICC (and elsewhere)

As for Anger Managment; it's awful and a wasted point in Arms.

You are terrible, as is this guide.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast