0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by evita View Post
    Any one wanna do me a fury warrior rotation for a single target and multi target?
    Go to the LuaNinja Macro Collection thread and post your request there. I'd be glad to help but I know little of Fury warriors so would need assistance about what spells in which order with which priorities dependent on which debuffs etc etc.

[EPIC]Automate any Rotation 100% /w Lua.
    Bossqwerty's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome post, thanks

Elitetech's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by evita View Post
    Any one wanna do me a fury warrior rotation for a single target and multi target?
    What you're looking for should be here. http://www.mmowned.com/forums/ui-mac...utton-dps.html

Also thank you Viral Fly-By for all the creativity in creating macros, however I'll find it a little hard explaining your debuff-checking macros with all the advanced functions. This is my best bet for everyone to understand it.
    Last edited by Elitetech; 12-21-2009 at 05:03 PM.
    Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow.

Nidhogg,'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow REALLY great guide, best one I've ever seen.
    Now onto the questions
    I never coded Lua, but have Java experience so it kinda helps me see through the "jungle" =P
    My question is, is it possible to get the remaining duration of a debuff on a target? specifically for my deathknight macro I want it to cast Pestilence as soon as MY Frost Fever or MY Blood Plague have only 4 seconds left on them.
    As far as I see someone already said in this thread how to check for my Disease:
    /run i=1 while(i<=40) do a={UnitDebuff("target",i)} if a[1]=="Blood Plague" and a[8]=="player" then break else i=i+1 end end if i>40 then CastSpellByName("Plague Strike") end
    am I right in modifying it like this to archieve my goal?

/run i=1 while(i<=40) do a={UnitDebuff("target",i)} if a[1]=="Blood Plague" and a[8]=="player" then (check the remaining duration of disease and if its < 4 then cast pestilence) end
    now I just need a way to check the time :x

thanks in advance for helping.
    Are there any bigger documentations on the commands that can be used via this LuaNinja Method so I don't have to spam this thread too much with my problems =P (I tend to post before searching and after raging :x)

EDIT:
    Oh and while I am at it: how can I check specific rune cooldowns and available runes? Solved, it's in the Macro Collection Thread
    Last edited by Nidhogg,; 12-21-2009 at 05:34 PM.
    [imgl]https://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg[/imgl]
    Originally Posted by V!persting View Post
    [...]nah, there is no limit of rape here. [...]
    [imgr]https://i30.tinypic.com/2nu1vr9.jpg[/imgr]

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Nidhogg, View Post
    Now onto the questions
    I never coded Lua, but have Java experience so it kinda helps me see through the "jungle" =P
    My question is, is it possible to get the remaining duration of a debuff on a target? specifically for my deathknight macro I want it to cast Pestilence as soon as MY Frost Fever or MY Blood Plague have only 4 seconds left on them.
    As far as I see someone already said in this thread how to check for my Disease:

Oh and while I am at it: how can I check specific rune cooldowns and available runes?

Are there any bigger documentations on the commands that can be used via this LuaNinja Method so I don't have to spam this thread too much with my problems =P (I tend to post before searching and after raging :x)
    Wondering the exact same thing, the warlock affliction rotation is pretty awful without the ability to do this. Waiting until a DoT is actually missing results in a huge dps loss.
    Last edited by Bossqwerty; 12-21-2009 at 05:28 PM.

Thanks G/R
    3/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Bossqwerty View Post
    Wondering the exact same thing, the warlock affliction rotation is pretty awful without the ability to do this. Waiting until a DoT is actually missing results in a huge dps loss.
    I made the Affliction warlock macro 100% after Elitistjerks which says
    I reach 100% uptime just by clipping my dots, right?

"Clipping" a dot means reapplying it before its last tick. Although this increases your uptime (no more dot gaps), this is VERY bad for your dps. Why? Imagine a dot ticking every 3s. If you reapply it in the moment of its last tick, it is like resetting its tick counter, meaning there will be a gap of ~6s between two ticks instead of 3s. That is as bad as not reapplying it for 3s. Actually, it's even worse: You shortened its duration by one tick, meaning you have to reapply it more often, losing even more dps. So don't clip dots.
    There are exceptions: If you know your target will be unreachable within a few seconds (e.g. Noth in Naxxramas porting to the other group), reapplying all dots is actually a good idea. If you are running around unable to cast anything but instants, clipping dots will save you time when you stand still again, and so on.
    I won't see why you'd want to clip your dots hm?
    Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow.

Thanks G/R
    3/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now onto the questions

EDIT:
    Oh and while I am at it: how can I check specific rune cooldowns and available runes? Solved, it's in the Macro Collection Thread
    I'm sure you can check for the expiration time on the debuff, so something like this should work

Code:
    /run if not UnitDebuff("target", "Frost Fever",unitCaster~="player") then CastSpellByName("Icy Touch") end
    /run if UnitDebuff("target", "Frost Fever",unitCaster~="player",expirationTime<=4) then CastSpellByName("Pestilence") end
    Also for documentation the best place is the wowwiki.
    World of Warcraft API - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft has all the functions with examples.

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Elitetech View Post
    I made the Affliction warlock macro 100% after Elitistjerks which says

I won't see why you'd want to clip your dots hm?
    Haunt, for example, should be cast again at the very least 2 seconds before it fades. Travel + casting time is like ~4 seconds, this issue alone nets a large dps loss. Unstable affliction should also be cast again around the 1.5 second mark. Those are really the only issues, but the impact they have is huge.

Edit: another thing, if CoA has .5 / .75 secs left you should fill the gap with a life tap and then reapply the dot, not cast another shadow bolt.
    Last edited by Bossqwerty; 12-21-2009 at 06:06 PM.

Viral Fly-by's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now onto the questions

The expiration time is in the array returned from UnitDebuff...but it's based on GetTime() so you have to subtract to get actual time remaining.

Code:
    /run i=1 while(i<=40) do a={UnitDebuff("target",i)} if (a[1]=="Blood Plague" or a[1]=="Frost Fever")and a[8]=="player" and a[7]-GetTime()<4 then CastSpellByName("Pestilence"); break end end
    So if there a Frost Fever or a Blood Plague applied by you that has less than 4 seconds remaining on the target, it will cast pestilence....otherwise it does nothing (so nothing if both are missing or if any that are present have more than 4 seconds remaining).

This is preferred way to do it...passing in a filter like "expirationTime<4" will do nothing and probably make it never return any debuffs. That filter syntax seems to be completely bogus despite some examples in these forums. If you add any of those unitCaster~="player" things as parameters to UnitDebuff or UnitBuff, you basically never get anything back. I tested it extensively with tons of permutations on live and it never worked.

Also on the other subtopic, Elitetech is correct...clipping dots is bad...The only argument I could see would be starting to cast UA or Haunt if the cast time is less than the remaining duration.

Thanks G/R
    3/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haunt, for example, should be cast again at the very least 2 seconds before it fades. Travel + casting time is like ~4 seconds, this issue alone nets a large dps loss. Unstable affliction should also be cast again around the 1.5 second mark. Those are really the only issues, but the impact they have is huge.

Edit: another thing, if corruption or CoA has .5 / .75 secs left you should fill the gap with a life tap and then reapply the dot, not cast another shadow bolt.
    Code:
    Gnu
    #showtooltip Haunt
    /run i=1 while(i<=40) do a={UnitDebuff("target",i)} if (a[1]=="Corruption" or a[1]=="Curse of Agony")and a[8]=="player" and a[7]-GetTime()<1 then CastSpellByName("Life Tap"); break end end
    /run i=1 while(i<=40) do a={UnitDebuff("target",i)} if (a[1]=="Unstable Affliction")and a[8]=="player" and a[7]-GetTime()<1.5 then CastSpellByName("Unstable Affliction"); break end end
    /run i=1 while(i<=40) do a={UnitDebuff("target",i)} if (a[1]=="Haunt")and a[8]=="player" and a[7]-GetTime()<2 then CastSpellByName("Haunt"); break end end
    /run if not UnitDebuff("target", "Haunt",unitCaster~="player") then (GetSpellCooldown("Haunt") == 0) (RunMacroText("/castsequence reset=2 Haunt, Corruption")) end
    /run if not UnitDebuff("target", "Corruption",unitCaster~="player") then RunMacroText("/castsequence reset=2 Corruption, Unstable Affliction") end
    /run if not UnitDebuff("target", "Unstable Affliction",unitCaster~="player") then RunMacroText("/castsequence reset=2 Unstable Affliction, Curse of Agony") end
    /run if not UnitDebuff("target", "Curse of Agony",unitCaster~="player") then RunMacroText("/castsequence reset=2 Curse of Agony, Shadow Bolt") end
    /run local s,_,_,_,_,_,_,_=UnitChannelInfo("player"); if( s~="Drain Soul" ) then RunMacro("Julegoder") end

Julegoder
    #showtooltip Haunt
    /run if not UnitBuff("player", "Life Tap") then CastSpellByName("Life Tap") end
    /run if UnitPower("Player") < 3000 then CastSpellByName("Life Tap") end
    /run i=1 while(i<=40) do a={UnitDebuff("target",i)} if (a[1]=="Corruption" or a[1]=="Curse of Agony")and a[8]=="player" and a[7]-GetTime()<1 then CastSpellByName("Life Tap"); break end end
    /run i=1 while(i<=40) do a={UnitDebuff("target",i)} if (a[1]=="Unstable Affliction")and a[8]=="player" and a[7]-GetTime()<1.5 then CastSpellByName("Unstable Affliction"); break end end
    /run i=1 while(i<=40) do a={UnitDebuff("target",i)} if (a[1]=="Haunt")and a[8]=="player" and a[7]-GetTime()<2 then CastSpellByName("Haunt"); break end end
    /run if not UnitDebuff("target", "Haunt",unitCaster~="player") then (GetSpellCooldown("Haunt") == 0) (RunMacroText("/castsequence reset=2 Haunt, Corruption")) end
    /run if not UnitDebuff("target", "Corruption",unitCaster~="player") then RunMacroText("/castsequence reset=2 Corruption, Unstable Affliction") end
    /run if not UnitDebuff("target", "Unstable Affliction",unitCaster~="player") then RunMacroText("/castsequence reset=2 Unstable Affliction, Curse of Agony") end
    /run if not UnitDebuff("target", "Curse of Agony",unitCaster~="player") then RunMacroText("/castsequence reset=2 Curse of Agony, Shadow Bolt") end
    /run if (UnitHealth("target")/UnitHealthMax("target")<0.25) then CastSpellByName("Drain Soul") else CastSpellByName("Shadow Bolt") end
    Better? (nom nom copysauce)

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Code:
    Gnu
    #showtooltip Haunt
    /run local s,_,_,_,_,_,_,_=UnitChannelInfo("player"); if( s~="Drain Soul" ) then RunMacro("Julegoder") end

Julegoder
    #showtooltip Haunt
    /run if (UnitHealth("target")/UnitHealthMax("target")<0.25) then CastSpellByName("Drain Soul") else CastSpellByName("Shadow Bolt") end
    Better? (nom nom copysauce)
    Tried to run it and it seems to have locked up WoW.

Thanks G/R
    3/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried to run it and it seems to have locked up WoW.
    Might be the problem with huge macros I've experienced before. Try splitting it up like this

Code:
    Gnu
    #showtooltip Haunt
    /run RunMacro("Gnu2")

Gnu2

Julegoder
    #showtooltip Haunt
    /run RunMacro("Julegoder2")

Julegoder2

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be the problem with huge macros I've experienced before. Try splitting it up like this

Code:
    Gnu
    #showtooltip Haunt
    /run RunMacro("Gnu2")

Gnu2

Julegoder
    #showtooltip Haunt
    /run RunMacro("Julegoder2")

Julegoder2
    No luck, still getting an insta-lockup. The help is much appreciated, by the way.
    Last edited by Bossqwerty; 12-21-2009 at 06:22 PM.

Nidhogg,'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Viral Fly-by View Post
    The expiration time is in the array returned from UnitDebuff...but it's based on GetTime() so you have to subtract to get actual time remaining.

Code:
    /run i=1 while(i<=40) do a={UnitDebuff("target",i)} if (a[1]=="Blood Plague" or a[1]=="Frost Fever")and a[8]=="player" and a[7]-GetTime()<4 then CastSpellByName("Pestilence"); break end end
    So if there a Frost Fever or a Blood Plague applied by you that has less than 4 seconds remaining on the target, it will cast pestilence....otherwise it does nothing (so nothing if both are missing or if any that are present have more than 4 seconds remaining).
    Ahhh, now I see and understand. a is actually an array with informations from the UnitDebuff function...brilliant! And thanks to Elitetech's link to the API stuff I now know what is stored where *drool* this is exciting, I'm feeling like a little kid again, gotta whatch not to fall in love with this too much as I will miss it if it's taken away T_T

+Rep'ed Elitetech already and now +rep to you also!
    Last edited by Nidhogg,; 12-21-2009 at 06:41 PM.
    [imgl]https://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg[/imgl]
    Originally Posted by V!persting View Post
    [...]nah, there is no limit of rape here. [...]
    [imgr]https://i30.tinypic.com/2nu1vr9.jpg[/imgr]

mYroon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged