209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VERY helpful tool for Guild Leaders/Officers

First, I just want to say that I was a guild leader for 2 years. I had a lot of fun doing it, but one thing that really helped was the efficient use of addons. There is a lot in the guild going on that a Guild Leader needs to know about. You may trust your officers in who they invite, you may be very good at delegating responsibility, but small bits of knowledge are still VERY helpful

Basically, to this day, my favorite addon that I have ever used as a guild leader was known as "Guild Log." Some of you may have heard of it but it was discontinued by the original author. You can't find it anywhere. Believe me, I have tried. So, about a year ago I had a friend of mine update it himself.

For some reason, there is NO better addon out there that does this. There are similiar ones, but this one really is the best and most simple to use, and most easy to read.

HERE IS LINK I UPLOADED -- Yes Virus free, but feel free to scan it yourself to relieve your worries lol.
    Guild_Log.zip

What it does is tell you :
    1)Who got invited to guild since you last logged
    2)Who leveled and to what level.
    3) Who quit the guild
    4) Who changed their note, from what to what
    5) Any rank changes that happen in the guild

There is an option so you can have the window pop up as soon as you log in with the info. Note, you will NOT have any info the first time you log in -- it will only be subsequent logins as things happen.

This is where the link is to open the data.

YOU WILL NEED TO ENABLE OUT OF DATE ADDONS FOR THIS, BUT IT STILL WORKS FINE, NO ERRORS. I am not a programmer so I wouldn't know where to start in updating so you wouldn't have to.

You do have an option to check the box so it pops up as soon as you log in. I have it checked myself as I like to see what has changed. But, here is an example of what you see. I have data that is saved that is over a year old. have a full record in the guild of all of that.

One last thing. I know the addon is not perfect and there are still a couple of things I would love to add to it myself if I could. BUT, again, this is just a helpful useful addon that is impossible to get on any addon webpage anymore because no one has touched it in years. ENJOY!

PS, sry for such large photos -- I am a techie noob and can't figure how to resize.

VERY helpful tool for Guild Leaders/Officers
    metus's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as i know there's a built-in feature in the standard WoW interface that does exactly the same.
    ISXWoW > Glider
    Rep. is for e-peen power rangers.

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by metus View Post
    As far as i know there's a built-in feature in the standard WoW interface that does exactly the same.
    Yes there is, it is under the "guild info" tab -- BUT, it really sucks. The interface is all like size 8 font white print meshed together awfully. This is just something that makes it all so much clearer, Plus, the built in one only keeps the info for like 3 days or so if I remember, which sucks. Especially if you have to be gone for a week or something and are anxious to see everything that happened while you were away and came back. =p

BlodyWarior's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by metus View Post
    yes and we all kno it never bugs up and just shows Unknown had left/joined/removed. also from what i can see in the screenies theres ways to filter info you care or not care about

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, so true, nothing is more annoying than the built in log the game uses when it says "unkown has left the guild" or something like that lol This alleviates all of that.

The only thing I would really update it is adding info so it says exactly which leader of the guild did the inviting, as the actual data logs do say who it was. Probably an easy change, but just once thing I wish was there. STILL, best guild log interface out there, imo