1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Making Fast Gold By Capping Your Characters Level

I haven't tested this yet but my friend claimed to make 1k gold for dual spec by doing this. Some might say this is common sense, but for those that might not know...

What you basically do is cap your character at a certain level and quest.

To cap your character at a certain level:
    "Players who do not wish to gain experience through PvP can visit Behsten in Stormwind or Slahtz in Orgrimmar - both located near the Battlemasters in either city - and turn off all experience accumulation for the cost of 10g . " - Patchnotes

When your character is capped you well get GOLD instead of EXPERIENCE so you can easily make gold at these levels/locations:
    60 - If you cap your character at level 60 you can go to Winterspring, Eastern plague lands, Silithus, and maybe Ungoro / Felwood / Western Plaguelands if you haven't done those quests in those locations.
    70 - Area 51, Shadowmoon Valley, and Nagrand / Blades Edge if you didn't do those quests already.

PLEASE NOTE: You are able to cap your character AT ANY LEVEL if you have RAF and are leveling fast, you might want to cap your character at that level and do some quests for gold while you wait for your friend / etc. Or maybe if you are leveling fast you can just slow it down and take a breather and do some quests for fun and gold! I recommended only capping your character at level 60 and 70 for gold because there are lots of quests at those levels.

Thoughts from comments

Originally Posted by jeremy08 View Post
    Seems like a ok way to make gold at 70 but tbh i wouldnt bother questing in northrend will easily bring in enough gold for dual spec qusting from 70-72 will easily bring in 1000 gold but it depends what you prefer. Imo getting dual spec for leveling is a waste of gold imo your best of saving all gold you can get for your flying mount as it comes alot more useful for leveling than dual spec but i suppose its what you prefer. But +Rep for contributing.
    You can make 2k gold doing all the quests in area 51 if your level capped. You can then make 1k gold 70-72 also a total of 3k gold =D. I wouldn't reccomend spending 1k gold for dual spec though if you don't have a epic flying mount or won't have enough to train 1k gold for northrend flying.

Why waste all that gold in area 51!? +You complete all the quests so you can get a achievement /etc.

NOTE: You guys really don't know how much gold doing all the quests in area 51 can get you if your capped at level 70. I know back BC lots of people where able to buy there epic flying mounts by just doing all these quests. You may be able to make a lot of gold from northrend, but you can make all the gold in area 51 AND northrend if you have the balls to .

Originally Posted by Grapesoda View Post
    well, by theory, someone could do every quest at level cap without gaining exp, and make shitloads of cash, and it will help someone get The Bread Winner - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    bread winner achievement faster. and tons of gold overall. but if they were to do all the quests. they may have a hard time killing their way to 80 XD
    Ty, didn't realize.

~I haven't tested out this method my self but my friend capped his character at level 70 and was able to afford dual spec after questing~ you might not be able to get gold for quests if you cap your character. PLEASE CONFIRM BELOW I WELL TEST SOON WHEN MY ALT HITS LEVEL 70! If this doesn't work I well delete thread.
    Last edited by BaboonX; 08-10-2009 at 11:56 PM.

Making Fast Gold By Capping Your Characters Level
    Rohi's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could guess you would get gold from the quests because you cant get xp, but donno really how much

burton992's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like a ok way to make gold at 70 but tbh i wouldnt bother questing in northrend will easily bring in enough gold for dual spec qusting from 70-72 will easily bring in 1000 gold but it depends what you prefer. Imo getting dual spec for leveling is a waste of gold imo your best of saving all gold you can get for your flying mount as it comes alot more useful for leveling than dual spec but i suppose its what you prefer. But +Rep for contributing.

BaboonX's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jeremy08 View Post
    You can make 2k gold doing all the quests in area 51 if your level capped. You can then make 1k gold 70-72 also a total of 3k gold =D. I wouldn't reccomend spending 1k gold for dual spec though if you don't have a epic flying mount or won't have enough to train 1k gold for northrend flying.

Why waste all that gold in area 51!? +You complete all the quests so you can get a achievement /etc.

Cryde's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tons of Gold, yeah ... No.
    Its okay for naps to make gold that method but srsly why not make dailies every nap can do that its so much more efficient....

PM me for Signatures!

Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cryde View Post
    Tons of Gold, yeah ... No.
    Its okay for naps to make gold that method but srsly why not make dailies every nap can do that its so much more efficient....
    It is tons of gold for people that don't have a level 80 on a server yet or just are bored and never done those quests. It does make tons of gold, like I said, you can get 2k gold in under 4 hours questing with the new 150% mount you may even be able to do it in under 4 hours. Stop being so closed minded about this. You have no idea how much gold you can make by doing all these quests. I would have to say it might even be better that doing the dailys. These quests are only something you can do OUNCE they are not repeatable like dailys. You can do your DAILYS and DO THIS on your alt.. Stop being so ignorant and think. I have gotten a few comments like yours.

You can do your dailys and do this.

You can do all the northrend quests and do this.

You can make a additional 2k gold by doing these quests and by doing your dailys and the northrend quests later on.

ESP for someone that doesn't have that much gold and needs to get it fast. Or if they have a alt on a different server where there main can't send money.. Or anything else really.

Don't get me wrong, I have tons of gold. I have tried a lot of different gold making methods and each one of them gets boring after long hours. Doing dailys, farming ore/herbs, or just grinding on mobs.. they all get boring and it's nice to do something different ounce in a while to make gold or just to try something different if your bored of doing something else.

Not everything has to be the most effective method, it has to be the funnest to . If your not having fun what is the point imo? -- Having fun and making lots of gold is just awesome :P

Grapesoda's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, by theory, someone could do every quest at level cap without gaining exp, and make shitloads of cash, and it will help someone get The Bread Winner - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    bread winner achievement faster. and tons of gold overall. but if they were to do all the quests. they may have a hard time killing their way to 80 XD

Linencloth's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it is better to reach level 80 first,then you will still be able to go back to lower areas to do quests for money with the advantage of level difference,and your northrend gear,which would make your low level questing much easier.
    Correct me if i'm wrong,but i think you would get the same money,just a little bit later,and much faster.

Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Linencloth View Post
    I think it is better to reach level 80 first,then you will still be able to go back to lower areas to do quests for money with the advantage of level difference,and your northrend gear,which would make your low level questing much easier.
    Correct me if i'm wrong,but i think you would get the same money,just a little bit later,and much faster.
    No, if your level cappped you get Gold instead of EXP. It won't be more gold.

.. Can't believe I'm saying this again but your not looking at every little thing. If your starting on a new server. you do need lots of gold.. for your mount, and dual spec. Some people can't wait tell level 80 to get these things(esp classes like druids, priests, that are asked to heal in instances all the time). Why not take advantage of capping your characters level and getting these things at a lower level?
    Last edited by BaboonX; 08-11-2009 at 07:03 AM.

demoin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you...cool!

boomkinner's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is common sense

Vaaraz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How the hell are we going to get to Area 51?

Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by boomkinner View Post
    this is common sense
    Originally Posted by elky View Post
    A lot of things are common sense. You have to realize the opportunity exists first.

This is not common sense at all. -.-

Originally Posted by Vaaraz View Post
    How the hell are we going to get to Area 51?
    You go to netherstorm. Area 51 was like Icecrown / Storm Peaks back BC.
    Last edited by BaboonX; 08-11-2009 at 02:54 PM.

lyndis's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You go to netherstorm. Area 51 was like Icecrown / Storm Peaks back BC.[/quote]

That's area 52.