Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[SOLO] Farming Elementium Ore -- ANY Class! -- Super Easy!

So, you finally found out that the Legendary Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker can now be gotten by ANY class... And that the Bindings (Right Bindings of the Windseeker and Left Bindings of the Windseeker) now have their class restrictions REMOVED?? GASP!

Well, it's true. And now that you want to craft the legendary Thunderfury, you realized that you need a decent amount of Elementium Bar's which to be made requires Elementium Ore's which you don't just find laying around. To be exact, you need 10 Elementium Ore, along with a few other items, to create 10 Elementium Bars. This guide will teach you how you can farm the ore with little to NO effort! Here's how it works:

What you need:
    -Blackwing Lair Attunement (Blackhand's Command)
    -A toon that is 70+ is preferred, ANY class will do
    -Saved to a BWL Instance that is cleared, or at least cleared past Firemaw
    -A Raid group (I have a friend log an alt, make a raid with me, and log off)

Your primary target:
    -Master Elemental Shaper Krixix
    -This is the goblin that drops Goblin's Guide to Elementium
    -He ALSO has a chance to drop the Elementium Ore we need!
    -He is also the ONLY mob in this instance that will re-spawn after a soft reset!!

The Method:
    -Get yourself into a raid group (Via friend or whatever) and enter your BWL save
    -Run all the way to where Master Elemental Shaper Kixxix is (Here's a Map)
    -Kill him! He barely has over 9k HP, and I 3-4 shot him in DK Tank gear.
    -Loot him (Duh)
    -Turn around, and run out and zone out (You'll find running out is faster than in, because you can jump over ledges to exit faster)
    -Zone out, start a timer, and wait 10 minutes back at the Orb of Command
    -Once times up, zone in, find him, kill him, rinse and repeat!

I have been doing this off and on for about a week now, with only maybe a solid couple hours a day dedicated to it (I'm usually watching TV or a Movie with the wife since most of the time spent is waiting for re-spawn), and I have gotten 5 Elementium Ore so far! Too some, this might seem bad, but it's pretty darn good really. I have had days where 10 spawns will go by with no drop, but it's all RNG, so hang in there! ALSO. for those who like to crunch numbers, I can average 1 kill every 14 minutes (I have unholy presence on for increased run speed), and that's the 10 minute soft reset and 4 minutes to run in, kill him, and run out. So about 4 kills per hour.

Here are some pics of me inside BWL doing this, along with a handy tip on how you can check if he is up before running to far into the instance. Hope you all make good use of this! Heck, if you don't even care about using the Ore, you can always sell it for a fair amount of gold! So enjoy, and feel free to post if you have any questions or comments~

Last edited by Dragonshadow; 08-04-2009 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Changed eye bleeding blue text

[SOLO] Farming Elementium Ore -- ANY Class! -- Super Easy!
    Aqqu's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very well written and nice with screenshots etc, but (atleast on my server) it would be much easier/better to just buy the ores from AH (They go for around 100g each on my server) and farm the money back some other way. Less time consuming/RNG luck based.

However if you're on a server without ores on AH I guess it's pretty good. (Though, there should be ores on AH since as you said you need a half cleared BWL to do this which means the people that did it have killed goblins in Vael's room who most likely dropped ore)

SpaZMonKeY's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Aqqu View Post
    Very well written and nice with screenshots etc, but (atleast on my server) it would be much easier/better to just buy the ores from AH (They go for around 100g each on my server) and farm the money back some other way. Less time consuming/RNG luck based.

However if you're on a server without ores on AH I guess it's pretty good. (Though, there should be ores on AH since as you said you need a half cleared BWL to do this which means the people that did it have killed goblins in Vael's room who most likely dropped ore)
    Ya it depends on the server. I play on Stormreaver, a high population original server, and there is currently like 2 up on the AH for 1k a pop lol. But most BWL clears a week I do with 4 other friends usually ends up with no ore or 1 ore at most.. Makes me sad lol.

BaboonX's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to get this sword on my mage!

Noyze's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Guy have a Respawn?

Aqqu's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Noyze View Post
    This Guy have a Respawn?
    Soft reset respawn.

Thidan's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [SOLO] My ass.
    First boss in BWL = Minimum of 2-3 players.

But that's just me.
    Sure you said you enter in the cleared ID but then again, you aren't really soloing are you?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like Aqqu said, he will re-spawn after a soft reset, which only requires sitting outside the instance for 10 minutes after killing him, then zone back in and he is back!

Originally Posted by Thidan View Post
    [SOLO] My ass.
    First boss in BWL = Minimum of 2-3 players.

But that's just me.
    Sure you said you enter in the cleared ID but then again, you aren't really soloing are you?
    Heck, Vael is way worse than the first boss lol.

But really, the farming itself is a solo project. Heck it doesn't even need to be YOUR raid ID, have a friend or guildy who cleared it make a raid with you and hop in and farm him. Easy as that.

Thidan's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SpaZMonKeY View Post
    Like Aqqu said, he will re-spawn after a soft reset, which only requires sitting outside the instance for 10 minutes after killing him, then zone back in and he is back!

Heck, Vael is way worse than the first boss lol.

But really, the farming itself is a solo project. Heck it doesn't even need to be YOUR raid ID, have a friend or guildy who cleared it make a raid with you and hop in and farm him. Easy as that.

Sure first "boss" is pisseasy, but then again, go and try to solo it = almost a 100% wipe since you need someone to pick up the adds. :P

xkennyx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gonna get me the thunderfury asap, thx

ketrish's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    check before you will write again anything - you must kill 3rd boss and before that pass a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalyyyyyyyyyyyy long way becouse of slowing traps (so gl - around 10-15 mins of walking) and ss are from priv becouse since he doesnt have 3 guards (from that what i remember they hit a lot even for my dk tank on gear's lvl around t7-t7.5)

and ps you must anyway pass 1st 3rd boss and walk near firemaw whats is pissing without any potion of speed or sth like that and ofc if these 3 big guards will push you back you would pull a group wich have (always ofc not those goblins' groups) a mob which is immune for magic and has around 80k hp

I did bwl in pre tbc so there where my knowledge comes from

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ketrish View Post
    check before you will write again anything - you must kill 3rd boss and before that pass a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalyyyyyyyyyyyy long way becouse of slowing traps (so gl - around 10-15 mins of walking) and ss are from priv becouse since he doesnt have 3 guards (from that what i remember they hit a lot even for my dk tank on gear's lvl around t7-t7.5)

and ps you must anyway pass 1st 3rd boss and walk near firemaw whats is pissing without any potion of speed or sth like that and ofc if these 3 big guards will push you back you would pull a group wich have (always ofc not those goblins' groups) a mob which is immune for magic and has around 80k hp

I did bwl in pre tbc so there where my knowledge comes from
    Your knowledge must not include reading, because you really didn't read any of it, my pictures must have been too pretty...

If you read my original post, you'll see I have a section of WHAT YOU NEED, and that includes a cleared save of BWL or at least cleared past Firemaw/Trash. These pics are taken on a live server, and that goblin is the only thing that re-spawns in BWL after a soft reset, therefore that's why it is empty in my pics.

But yes, your BWL knowledge is wonderful, but your ReadingEntireGuide Skills are bit lacking.

Razza13's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember when cross server BGs first started, saw a Hunter with this -_-

Greeko's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is pretty useful, but as stated; requires alot of patience. If you where me, you would have got the
    ores from the bank auction house.
    Last edited by Greeko; 07-21-2009 at 08:33 PM. Reason: miss-spelling.

steven5210's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes.... might take a lot of time to do this. But not bad of a guide!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast