0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Scam] The Darkmoon Faire Scam

I think everyone has heard of the new Insane in the Membrane Title, rewarding people with the ''The Insane'' Title. (Insane in the Membrane - Achievement - World of Warcraft)
    One of the requisites for this title is obtaining exalted with the Darkmoon Faire.
    The only way to get reputation with the Darkmoon Faire past honored is by handing in decks, for 350 rep each, meaning a godload of money just to get exalted, easily 20k gold.
    With 3.1 blizzard introduced a change with the decks, making them BoE when obtained from the quest, thus resellable.
    Alot of people who are aiming for ''The Insane'' Title are currently in trade saying something like ''Let me handin your darkmoon deck so I get the rep for the Insane achievement paying 50g if you let me do that''.
    Now you can easily take advantage of that, because most decks are worth 500g atleast.
    Make your own /2 Let me handin your Darkmoon Deck please, im aiming for the ''Insane'' Achievement,which requires Darkmoon Faire Exalted, paying 50g.
    For the average costumer this looks like a pretty good deal, the Darkmoon Faire rep they get is completely useless to them, they help another player and earn 50g in the proces.
    They trade you their deck while you trade them 50g, for a deck thats actually worth ~500g, hand it in and then log off.
    Most of the scams that involve this are easily proven and banable, but this one isn't, since you technically pay 50g for the deck and then its yours, so blizzard cannot ban you on this.

I have currently made about 15k with this scam alone and havn't been banned

[Scam] The Darkmoon Faire Scam
    axel310's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice post +rep from me

swankboss's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds really good...is faire up right now? Last I saw it was still being built

m4drock's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it's up right now. Started today.

soto's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its just gone up today

ianian112's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweet im make sure to try this

Castroph's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time to go try this one out =D

Dragonshadow's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't a scam, this is just taking advantage of another person's ignorance.

I like it.
    Look at your post, now back to mine; Now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate content, it could look like mine. Look down, backup, where are you? You're scrolling through threads, reading the post your post could look like. What did you post? Back at mine; It's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again and the reply is now diamonds.

Anything is possible when you think before you post. The moon is shrinking.

vertigo7's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure about this one... I mean, I'm sure it would work to get the deck, but remember, Blizzard can ban over ANYTHING. Period. If they felt your name sounded too Jewish, they could ban you. It's in their ToS. So, if they feel you tricked the person into trading it to you for 50g, they could ban you, but this is a fantastic idea.

Dyslexics... UNTIE!!!! ---- 5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions

Dragonshadow's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by vertigo7 View Post
    I'm not sure about this one... I mean, I'm sure it would work to get the deck, but remember, Blizzard can ban over ANYTHING. Period. If they felt your name sounded too Jewish, they could ban you. It's in their ToS. So, if they feel you tricked the person into trading it to you for 50g, they could ban you, but this is a fantastic idea.
    But they won't as the person agreed to the trade and nothing suspicious happened.
    As far as they are concerned everyone you trade with is an idiot and you are getting great deals.
    Look at your post, now back to mine; Now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate content, it could look like mine. Look down, backup, where are you? You're scrolling through threads, reading the post your post could look like. What did you post? Back at mine; It's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again and the reply is now diamonds.

Anything is possible when you think before you post. The moon is shrinking.

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like dragonshadow said, as long as you donot trick them into giving you gold/things for free you can always argue you just got a cheap deal

Dwight K. Schrute's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is why the person I let hand mine in was an officer in a top world guild. Heh.

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dwight K. Schrute View Post
    This is why the person I let hand mine in was an officer in a top world guild. Heh.

ye, just letting guildies do my enchants aswell these days

ßetray's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dragonshadow View Post
    But they won't as the person agreed to the trade and nothing suspicious happened.
    As far as they are concerned everyone you trade with is an idiot and you are getting great deals.
    Doing this once and getting reported MAY not result in a ban. Doing this twice and getting reported by 2 different people for the same thing is likely to warrant an investigation.

Doing this on multiple servers will cause this to become a known scam and warrant a first time report investigation.

They will read chat logs. They may ban you.

IF you are going to do this, i suggest you make use of the ignorance of the GM's atm and do it now.

Edit: Also, just because 1 person wasn't banned over multiple scams, doesn't mean another person wont be. GM's aren't machines and handle cases differently.

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ßetray View Post
    Doing this once and getting reported MAY not result in a ban. Doing this twice and getting reported by 2 different people for the same thing is likely to warrant an investigation.

Doing this on multiple servers will cause this to become a known scam and warrant a first time report investigation.

They will read chat logs. They may ban you.

IF you are going to do this, i suggest you make use of the ignorance of the GM's atm and do it now.

Edit: Also, just because 1 person wasn't banned over multiple scams, doesn't mean another person wont be. GM's aren't machines and handle cases differently.
    While this may ofcourse be completely true this is:
    a. a new scam so most GM's don't know WTF to do with it, they can see the logs which show you got the Item while paying 50g
    b. a scam where you are, according to blizzards own rules, doing nothing wrong.
    This still can mean you might possibly get a ban, but reduces the chances of it happening

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast