Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Gold Guide] Daeity's Ultimate Gold Guide Revealed

Members of MMOWNED,

As promised, here is my Ultimate guide to making gold the easy and reliable way. This is now your Bible, study it well!

Please read the full instructions from beginning to end before you make changes to the spreadsheet by the way. Now, let's get started..

Step 1: First thing you should probably do is breakout the spreadsheet, and just give it a quick look over. It will give you a better understanding of the instructions to follow.

[It is in OpenOffice .ODS format (my personal favourite) and Office 97/2000 .XLS format]

* EDIT: I couldn't upload them as is, had to put them into .RAR compressed format. I renamed them though to identify to two formats.

Step 2: There are 2 sections to the spreadsheet. The above section are the costs for all materials used in crafting, based on AH prices and vendor prices.

The below section is the "Conversion Matrix". It's comprised of a list of the very best items that can be Disenchanted for profit. (Obviously, some are not as valuable anymore since prices change almost every patch.)

When you change the AH/Vendor prices in the above section, the below matrix will re-adjust and show you how much each item costs to craft, what they disenchant into, and what the disenchants can be sold for on the AH.

Step 3: Get the Spreadsheet to match your own Server Economy.
    I would recommend opening WoW in Windowed Mode so that you can have the spreadsheet right next to it, and ALT-TAB back and forth. Goto your Auction House, and update the Green entries in the above section of the spreadsheet.

The Yellow Entries in the above section are Vendor Prices assuming an Exalted reputation. (Use your toons to buy these mats and mail to your crafter(s), the lower the costs the higher the profit!)

Don't change anything in the "BOLTS" column. This is just used as a basic calculator to convert the cost of ONE BOLT from their associated cloth.

Don't let all of the materials listed intimidate you. You can start out by just focusing on popular DE's like Infinite Dust, Illusion Dust, Vision Dust,
    Eternal Essences, Cosmic Essences, etc.

Step 4: Something you need to know about the numbers.

All of the currency in this spreadsheet is in SILVER. There is only one column "Return (GOLD OUT)" that shows the value in GOLD.

For example;
    4 is equivalent to 4 Silver
    40 is equivalent to 40 Silver
    400 is equivalent to 4 Gold
    445 is equivalent to 4 Gold 45 Silver
    6000 is equivalent to 60 Gold
    12550 is equivalent to 125 Gold 50 Silver

Everything is also in individual quantities, there aren't any stacks or anything like that.

Step 5: Once you've updated the AH/Vendor prices in the above section, look at the Conversion Matrix below and scroll the right.

Look under the column "Return (GOLD OUT)" and look for any entries that are at 90G or higher. (You could go lower if you wanted, but I like the really profitable stuff.)

What this means is that for every 100 items you DE, you will receive 90G profit. (Or roughly 90 silver per disenchant.) Frostsaver Tunic, for example, will net you 8.16G for every single disenchant you do. (100 DE's - 816G profit!)

(Note: Everything is calculated based on DE'ing 100 items. For example, when you DE Netherweave Pants, you will get 253 Arcane Dust. There may be a discrepancy of about +/- 2-5% by the way).

You're all good to go now. Enjoy!

Addendum to maximize profits:

* Keep in mind that AH prices are typically lower in the morning than later in the day. I buyout 20-60 stacks of Rugged Leather for 5-9G at 8AM EST, but then notice the prices jump to 15-20G per stack in the afternoon.

* When filling out the AH prices in the above section, pick the lowest AH "average" prices you can find. Arcane Dust, for example, people will dump for 90-99 silver, but you know that others will still buy it for 1G 10S. In that case, just put down 1G on the spreadsheet (just enough to sell, but not too low).

* You could avoid selling the DE's on the AH.. just advertise in Trade Chat. (ie, "Selling starter kits for levelling Enchanting Skills to 300".)

* Hopefully you have multiple tradeskills. Each grouping (ie, BS, JC, Tailoring, and LW) can get about 300-800G each. So when you craft in all 4 professions, it will net 1200G+. What's nice about these spreadsheet guide is that you can use this to level your Professions, all the while making a profit and selling back the DE's. =]

* Use existing AH strategies to maximize profits. I buyout all existing DE inventories, put up my own prices on multiple toons (to make it look like the prices are reasonable), and I completely corner the market. I drive down the prices of materials, and drive up the prices of Disenchants.

In final closing,

Before you get started with this method, test it out yourself with a calculator. Find an profitable item, check out Thottbot.com for the DE results, and then crunch the numbers yourself. Then, once you craft the items and DE them, keep track of how many you DE'd and what you sold them for. Make sure it matches with the spreadsheet and see for yourself. =]

Other than that, if I find out about any new/forgotten items I'll update the "bible". If this guide works out really well for you, let me know (ie, private message or post on this thread)! Every economy is different, and some of you may be able to do much better on your economy then my own (everything in this spreadsheet matches mine as of today.) I'd like to hear if I brought some gold (and joy) into your life! =]

Have fun everyone..

- Daeity
    Attached Files Attached Files

[Gold Guide] Daeity's Ultimate Gold Guide Revealed
    Daeity's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh by the way, can someone let me know if these downloaded okay?

I just noticed that they said "Attachments Pending Approval", so I don't know if they're visible to you or not (or if you can download).

If not, I'll find some offsite storage location and store them to. In fact.. I'll do that right now..

*EDIT:

Damn, that was easier than I thought! Okay, so if you can't grab the attachment from the thread, you can get them here:

Daeity's Disenchanting Guide (OpenOffice Format)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q3ONWQS2

Daeity's Disenchanting Guide (Excel Format)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2Q9P0Z4W

Last edited by Daeity; 04-29-2009 at 01:10 PM.

VictoRo's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't download em' but i can see them mate.

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by VictoRo View Post
    Can't download em' but i can see them mate.
    Okay, thanks VictoRo - they're probably waiting for approval or something then. Check out the external links I provided instead, and let me know how it goes. =]

7itaniumz's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't download them : (

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by 7itaniumz View Post
    Can't download them : (
    Do those "MegaUpload" external links work okay?

travmasta005's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there are tons of gold guides out there this one is really nicely done.
    it would be extremely epic if someone made an addon that had the spreadsheet in game and automaticly filled it out from auctioneers scan data. Just a suggestion

mommymonkey's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    like the spread sheet

NateTehGreatt's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is perfect bro!! Exactly what I was planning on doing but I was being really lazy and didn't want to do all of the research. You found some really nice strategies.

Thank you so much!! +++Rep!!

Diablo1903's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet dude, have 3 rep! Didnt you post your "Sneek peek" as a regular member?

travmasta005's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by travmasta005 View Post
    there are tons of gold guides out there this one is really nicely done.
    it would be extremely epic if someone made an addon that had the spreadsheet in game and automaticly filled it out from auctioneers scan data. Just a suggestion
    Oh wait there is somthing like that
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/bots-p...-deprofit.html

ISeeWhatUDid's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing spreadsheet.

Dimensia's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Daeity, u sir, are a god.

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by travmasta005 View Post
    Oh wait there is somthing like that
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/bots-p...-deprofit.html
    Oh cool, very nice. Thanks for letting me know about this!

I've been using my spreadsheet for a good 3+ years now, and was always on the lookout for something similar.. I never even noticed this.

Looks like it was built using Visual C++. Only thing is, it's pretty limited. It has 5 JC Rings, 2 BS items, and the Arctic Boots. =]

The MMOWNED members will probably prefer the Spreadsheet approach though. That way folks can make their own additions/subtractions, it's more stable, they can see how the logic works (most important!), change Disenchant values with new patches, and just tweak it the way they want.

However, there is a huge benefit to having an application automatically pull AH values and Disenchant prices. I'll ping the creator to check out this forum thread.. maybe he can use my Spreadsheet for his next major update! (Thanks Travmasta) =]

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Diablo1903 View Post
    Sweet dude, have 3 rep! Didnt you post your "Sneek peek" as a regular member?
    Yeah, I was sitting close to contributer but never even thought about it. I just like posting stuff that helps people out.

When I signed back in though, my interface changed and I was getting a Shoutbox. I was like, WTF? =]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast