Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hunter 19 Twink Guide - Everything You Need To Know.

Hey There, Its been a while since I last contributed but I quit WoW, but now Im back. I've have years of experience in twinking so i'm hoping you will find this useful. Of course I know there are other guides out there but I've got some free time so i feel i should give you my take on it in an easy to read / Spoon-fed format. I will show you gear you should have, different specs and different strategies for one of the most over-powered classes in the 10-19 bracket. So, with no further a due, I'll start with gear =]

Btw I do not expect you to read all of this, just pick the necessary parts you want.

ARMOR

Head - Easy - Green Tinted Goggles - Green Tinted Goggles - Item - World of Warcraft [150 Engineering]
    - Hard - Lucky Fishing Hat - Lucky Fishing Hat - Item - World of Warcraft [Fish on Sundays at the fishing extravaganza and catch a Keefer's Angelfish]
    - +100 HP / +8 Agi is no longer available and as a result no enchants available.

Neck - Easy - Sentinel's Medallion [Alliance] - Sentinel's Medallion - Item - World of Warcraft [65 Honor and 20 Warsong Marks]
    - Easy - Scout's Medallion [Horde] - Scout's Medallion - Item - World of Warcraft [65 Honor and 20 Warsong Marks]
    - Will take a few games to get the honor and marks, and then you must travel to Ashenvale to your Fractions supplier. Alliance's is Illiyana Moonblaze and Horde's is Kelm Hargunth. Please search these for their locations.

Shoulder - Easy - Serpent's Shoulders - Serpent's Shoulders - Item - World of Warcraft [This will require a boost through Wailing Caverns and drops from Lady Anacondra]
    - Med - Talbar Mantle - Talbar Mantle - Item - World of Warcraft [This is from a quest chain. It's a bit complicated but follow the wowhead link and do a bit of research on the chain. It resides around Wailing Caverns, like Serpent Shoulders]
    - Hard - Champion Herod's Shoulder - Champion Herod's Shoulder - Item - World of Warcraft [This Requires a level 80 and some dedication. Its too complicated to explain, but if you have a level 80 I'm hoping you will understand. Just ask in comments section if you really need information]

Cloak - Easy - Sentry Cloak - Sentry Cloak - Item - World of Warcraft [Expensive on AH, but is a must have cloak]
    - Easy - Glowing Lizardscale Cloak - Glowing Lizardscale Cloak - Item - World of Warcraft [Drops from Skum in Waling Caverns. Second best option while waiting on Sentry - Sporid Cape is also an option, but as it's in Wailing Caverns as well, you might as well get Glowing Lizardscale]
    - I personally prefer +3 Agi on Cloak, as i have no need for +12 Dodge. But if you for instance, feel you get jumped alot by Rogues / Warriors then maybe +12 Dodge is best for you. I will explain tactics against Rogues / Warriors in the strategy section.

Chest - Med - Tunic of Westfall [Alliance] - Tunic of Westfall - Item - World of Warcraft [Quest Chain 'The Defias Brotherhood']
    - Easy - Blackened Defias Armor - Blackened Defias Armor - Item - World of Warcraft [Drops from Edwin VanCleef in Deadmines]
    - +4 stats is by far the best. It is expensive and hard to find an enchanter, but the only option for serious twinks. If you can't afford this then i guess +50hp is a cheap substitute as +100Hp isn't available anymore.

Wrist - Easy - Forest Leather Bracers - Forest Leather Bracers - Item - World of Warcraft [Buy from AH, it's quite expensive but if your lucky you could pick it up cheap]
    - Med - Wrangler's Wristbands of the Monkey - Wrangler's Wristbands - Item - World of Warcraft [Buy from AH, But very rare. +3 Agi and +3 Stam is what you're looking for]
    - +9 Stam enchant is really the main option, though i have seen hunters with +7 Int.

Gloves - Easy - Scouting Gloves of the Monkey - Scouting Gloves - Item - World of Warcraft [Buy from AH +4 Stam +4 Agi is what you're looking for.
    - +15agi is the best option. +7 agi if you're strapped for cash. Forget the Gloves of the fang bullshit as well. They're shit.

Waist - Easy - Deviate Scale Belt - Deviate Scale Belt - Item - World of Warcraft [Buy from AH or buy mats and get someone to make it for you]
    - Easy - Girdle of the Blindwatcher - Girdle of the Blindwatcher - Item - World of Warcraft [Get a Boost through Shadowfang Keep. Drops from Odo the Blindwatcher]
    - I prefer Deviate Scale Belt, but I'm an Agility fag, you might find you prefer Girdle.

Leggings - Easy - Leggings of the Fang - Leggings of the Fang - Item - World of Warcraft [Boost through Wailing Caverns to Lord Cobrahn]
    - Only Real option now the Leatherworking Patches have ben disabled. Shove +16 Armor on here.

Boots - Easy - Footpads of the Fang - Footpads of the Fang - Item - World of Warcraft [Boost through Wailing Caverns. Drops from Lord Serpentis]
    - Enchant with +7 Stam, Minor Speed or +7 Agi. Its up to you. I use +7 Agi personally, but its expensive and might not be for you. +7 Stam is cheap and effective. As for Minor Speed, i feel that hunters are equipped with enough snares, that there isn't much need for it. If you want it for flag running, or chasing a flag carrier then buy an extra pair of boots. Scouting Boots of Stam are probally best for Flag carrying with +6 stam. Nat Pagle's Extreme Anglin' Boots are no longer available and require level 35 to use.

Rings - Easy - Protector's Band [Alliance] - Protector's Band - Item - World of Warcraft [65 Honor and 20 Warsong Marks, Buy from Supplier]
    - Easy - Legionnaire's Band [Horde] - Legionnaire's Band - Item - World of Warcraft [65 Honor and 20 Warsong Marks, Buy from Supplier]
    - Med - Seal of Wrynn [Alliance] - Seal of Wrynn - Item - World of Warcraft [Long chain starting from 'An Unsent Letter' Dropped by VanCleef in Deadmines]
    - Easy - Seal of Sylvanas [Horde] - Seal of Sylvanas - Item - World of Warcraft [Pretty Simple Quest, Get a boost through Shadowfang Keep and kill Arugal]
    - Just get ones for you Fraction, alternatively Blood Ring, Demon Band and Meadow Ring of the Monkey, are all quite good.

Trinkets - Med - Insignia of the Alliance [Alliance ^^] - Insignia of the Alliance - Item - World of Warcraft [2805 Honor From Master Sergeant Biggins. Will take a while to grind the honor, but worth it]
    - Med - Insignia of the Horde [Horde] - Insignia of the Horde - Item - World of Warcraft [2805 Honor from Brave Stonehide. Will take a while to grind the honor, but worth it]
    - Hard - Inherited Insignia of the Alliance - Inherited Insignia of the Alliance - Item - World of Warcraft [Requires a level 80 and dedication. This is hard to explain, but if you have a level 80 im sure you will know, if not do a bit of research ]
    - Hard - Inherited Insignia of the Horde - Inherited Insignia of the Horde - Item - World of Warcraft [Requires a level 80 and dedication. This is hard to explain, but if you have a level 80 im sure you will know, if not do a bit of research ]
    - Hard - Arena Grand Master - Arena Grand Master - Item - World of Warcraft [Necessary for serious twinks. You have to gather 12 Arena Master's which are dropped in a chest which spawns every 3 hours (3am-6am-9am-12pm-3pm-6pm-9pm-12am) in Gurubishi Arena in Stranglethorn Vale. You will most likely need a level 80 or 2 to help you, as others will want it too]
    - Just a quick note that Inherited Insignias are barely better than normal, as it still has the same cooldown on the effects and at 19 the resilience will be barely noticeable.

WEAPONS

MELEE

Weapons are very different to Armor, I've Seen many varieties on what people use. I'll list the 3 main weapons i see around, and imo the better ones.

Twisted Chanters Staff - Twisted Chanter's Staff - Item - World of Warcraft [Buy from AH, Will be expensive]

Bloodied Arcanite Reaper - Bloodied Arcanite Reaper - Item - World of Warcraft [Requires Level 80]

Massive Battle Axe of the Monkey - Massive Battle Axe - Item - World of Warcraft [Buy from AH, fairly Cheap]

As i said these are only a few options. You could also use Crescent staff as horde, Emberstone Staff, Prospector Axe etc. But 90% people Agree on 2 enchants. +25 Agi or +22 Int. Unfortunately there arnt really any cheap alternatives that are useful. So it'd be worth saving up for these.

RANGE

Only 3 possible choices for this.

Venomstrike - Venomstrike - Item - World of Warcraft [Boost through Wailing Caverns and drops from Lord Serpentis]

Charmed Ancient Bone Bow - Charmed Ancient Bone Bow - Item - World of Warcraft [Level 80 Required]

Upgraded Dwarven Hand Cannon - Upgraded Dwarven Hand Cannon - Item - World of Warcraft [Level 80 Required]

I believe the two Heirloom items only have 15.0 DPS a piece, which would make Venomstrike the best for DPS and nuking power. Obviously the other two have +crit and hit or what not, but its by fractions of % which doesn't make it particularly effective. Whichever you pick, you need to put +3 Scope on it, which you need someone else to apply like they would an enchant.

PETS

2 Pets which are by far better in my opinion. The Bat and the Spider.

Bat - Sonic Blast: 2 second stun - 20 yard range - 1 minute cool down. Get it from Ghostlands.

Spider - Web: 4 second prevented movement - 20 yard range - 40 second cool down. You can find spiders everywhere.

TALENT SPECS

At 19 you only have 10 points to pick, and even with so little there is a variety of things you can do with the points, but I'll show you some which i personally like.

Imp Concussive Shot 2/2
    Lethal shots 5/5
    Mortal shot 5/5

Great spec paired with Agility, makes your crit chance massive and your damage even better. Concuss shot is one of the hunters most vital moves and with the Imp it is so much better.

Endurance Training 5/5
    Lethal shots 5/5

If you get jumped alot the extra health is a massive saviour, paired with the 5% crit you can take down enemies quickly and survive a jump in between.

Imp Tracking 5/5
    Imp Concuss Shot 2/2
    Entrapment 3/3

Improved overall damage to enemies with the added snares there for great survivability.

Hawk Eye 3/3
    Imp Concuss Shot 2/2
    Entrapment 3/3
    Survival Instincts 2/2

Got the added range, Better snare on Concuss, Entrapment incase you get jumped, and a more powerful Arcane shot.

These are few simple ones. But obviously if you find yourself being snared a lot then Surefooted is vital, so feel free to play around with them. If you plan on 1 v 1ing players it will be definitely worth getting entrapment as you will see in a minute.

TACTICS

Hunters 1 v 1 are unbeatable if played right. These are a couple of tips in 1 v 1s.

vs Rogues. Rogues are known for being great in WSG but are prey for hunter. Lay down a trap and stand on it, set your pet to aggressive. Wait for him to jump you or run in circles to try and catch them. When they come out they will be stunned by your trap. Set your pet on him and run away. Get to a distance and start nuking, when they get out the trap they will most likely sprint / evasion. Just concussive shot and focus on getting away, if you want, shoot them with arcane shot and serpent sting. They will most likely catch you up eventually so wing clip when they arrive and get away again. If they dodge the wing clip, don't worry just focus on laying it on. Once its on your free to get away. Just run off and shoot them down some more making distance between shots. You should get a trap back soon and just lay that down, if you don't then just wait it out till you get it. Lay it down once you have it and apply a wing clip on your way out, run off and finish them off, GG.

vs Warriors. in a duel they will get the jump, in a free game you will so don't worry. Lay down a trap and set your pet to passive. When they charge you they will lay on hamstring, but will get trapped as well. If you can insignia out, if not don't worry. Now apply, Wing clip and make some distance. Start shooting them down, and make distance as you go if your ham stringed, if you're not you should have enough distance. When they eventually escape wing clip, wait for them to get close to you and if you have a bat sonic blast them, and wing clip while they are stunned and get away. If not just get your spider to silk them and make more distance. Nuke away some more and lay down a trap when you get it. Go a bit behind your trap and wait for them to come for you. They will get hit by the trap and you can just finish them off here. If they still amazingly arn't dead then just kite them around with the distance you have on them, because having another hamstring on you is the worst scenario.

vs Priest. Easily your hardest fight. You will have you play a clever game, and hope you have enough DPS to get down there shield in under 7 seconds ish. Also having a bat will make this a lot easier. So start the fight with auto shots and send your pet on him. Lay on a serpent sting. If at any point the priest looks like they are coming in for the psychic scream just lay down a trap and back off. When you get there shield down you will have 2 ways to go about this, if they have a decent mana pool and low hp you will have to nuke or they will just grind you down. If they have fairly high hp and fairly average mana you will have to apply a bit of pressure between shields, but nothing big. Unfortunately most priests will use gravestone scepter which has great damage and free of mana. So your only way to win against a quite high health priest is to get him to go OOM. When they heal use bandage to keep yourself up or AGM and bandage. Overall this battle isn't in your favor so just do what you can.

vs Druid. Probably your second hardest fight against a skilled druid, thankfully there aren't many. If you do happen to come across one, they will most likely use a mixture of features, from heals spells and bear. Start with an auto shot and have your pet on them. Your damage will out do theirs by enough. let them heal and what not. just keep going with the odd arcane shots and serpent sting but nothing major. If at any point they go bear form, just scare beast and nuke down, scare beast again and nuke. if they do have time to get out of bear and try to heal, you should have enough to nuke them down through there cloth armor. If they don't go bear form, the good news is there spells aren't the most mana efficient, so when they start getting low on mana go up a gear and nuke a bit harder making them heal more. When they go OOM its GG. So just play a slow game.

vs Mage. Nuke 'em Easy mode.

vs Warlock. Nuke 'em Eaaaaasssyy.

vs Paladin. Just get distance and start nuking them, lay on a concussive and watch them use HoF. just keep distance during this period, so run away. if they have minor speed, then let them catch you. as soon as HoF is off just wing clip, run and pwn. They will probaly try stupid things like heal themselves with their crappy bubbles, but just give yourself more distance and pwn some more. Pretty easy.

vs Shaman. Just nuke them, they don't have frost shock or ghost wolf yet so they are easy mode.

vs Hunter. Unfortunately this is generally best gear wins, although with bat pet you can stun them, and run in and hit with mongoose strike and lay down a trap if done well. But not much you can do but nuke harder than them. GL

I personally am bored of 1 v 1s so i generally like to go for 3 v 1s etc. This requires experience, and knowing your action bar well.

Unfortunately i cant give tips on every combination but i can give you a few tips. Generally you wont come against 3 twinks, normally maybe 1. So if its a rogue / warrior just keep him wing clipped through out, and trap another melee. Take out the healer first always or range; You can control melee with your snares. Do everything you can to avoid snares, i.e instantly remove hamstrings. keep serpent stings on the melees if you can, you will notice the difference. And yeah, just kite the whole time, don't ever stop.

Ok, so there it is, my guide for all you hunters out there. I hope you enjoyed the read and can take stuff away from it. Please don't leave any comments like 'lol twink noob' because its not appreciated. I used to end game during pre-TBC and early kara. I've been there and done it all, I've PvP'd at 1900 arena, not ultimate LOLZ I GOT 26000 RATING i know, but probably better than a majority of the flamers. Money is 50% of a twink yes. Skill is still there, although you can play without - You will notice the difference between the two, generally the ones with skill will be noted by other players and gain respect.

Thanks for reading,

Almo.

Ps. If you need a guide for a specific class and bracket, i know most.

Hunter 19 Twink Guide - Everything You Need To Know.
    Abacot's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide gear wise, but the tactics all seem to just be, in short: Kite 'em and nuke 'em.

EgologiC's Avatar Active Member
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ Lol what do you except then for level 19 twinking?:>
    I play WoW

Romulis2000's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    would be nice to find some explot enchants that arent suppose to work ,,that actually do. Blizzes change to all the great twink chants are a large piss off to the twinking community!

suran37's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you cant use champion Herod Shoulder it's an 80 BoA not 19
    They look up and shout save us...

and I'll whisper no...

Xsty's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by suran37 View Post
    you cant use champion Herod Shoulder it's an 80 BoA not 19
    You fail.

galaden15's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty good guide but, on a hunter its actualy pretty good to get furbolgs medicine pouch and then have wsg dagger MH, sounds like crap but if ur going for that stam boost thats what u get :P
    What a lame signature.....

Tardysauce's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Galaden is right, if your main strategy is to kite anyway, go for max stamina on your weapons. Your dagger can still be enchanted with agility.

Mitron's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice guide maybe will use this later on +rep

----------------------------------------------------------------

vKa's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mitron View Post
    very nice guide maybe will use this later on +rep
    Indeed nicely done

Almo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to all those who say dont kite and nuke, im afraid ive played for over 3 years twinking, and sad as it is, this is by way of winning, the best tactic - to all those who enjoyed, thanks for reading =] And im not aware of any more glitched enchants, that are around in WotLK, though i may be wrong.

Any more questions / Queries?

Almo

lagbot's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +Rep, read through most of the guide, love it. I'll make a hunter twink or druid twink, based on your guide

Almo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahh, im really glad to here it helped. Those classes are definately a great choice. Btw i might have seen a bit naive in my post a bit earlier, but had to write it in a rush. Basically i've wrote the tactics to contain the major tricks in 1 v 1s for instance leave traps in key places, keep serpennt stings on rogues, preserve mana on druids etc. But its just a base for alot of other things you can do. You wont be a skilled player unless you understand why you are doing certain tricks, so i wanted to lay down a few ground rules then you guys can develop your own style. But yeah, thanks for the rep guys, i appreciate it. Remember any request / questions / notes you wanna add, feel free.

Almo

l31sh0p's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice guide man.

chyne1's Avatar Active Member