0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Patch 3.1 Gold Making Heads Up

Okay First Of All, I GOT THIS FROM JUSTMYTWOCOPPER.BLOGSPOT.COM Before People Say That.... I'm at least trying to share things.

Enchanting Mats - Is It Buy Out Time?

I look at the price of Greater Cosmic Essences / Abyss Crystals and I wonder... is it buyout time?

With the release of Ulduar and Arena Season 6, many players will be boasting their new gear with shiny enchants sparkling from every bladed sheet of metal. These enchants cost lots and lots of greater cosmic essences / Abyss Crystals, but will the demand be enough? Also, won't greater cosmic essences just return to their current value or even less after 3.1?

Thanks to blog writers and forum posters like myself, many players have found ways to create tons of greater cosmic essences.

After pondering about buying out Greater Cosmic Essences / Abyss Crystals for weeks I've finally come to the conclusion...

BUY THEM NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

Here's why:

3.1 will release and demand for these items will sky rocket, prices will be flying high for a few days before things calm down, but in that time period you should easily sell 100-200 greater cosmic essences. The trick will be to get in early and also get out as soon as possible.

This market is doomed to CRASH seriously hard after the patch, so please understand this before you go off and buy a thousand of these items. Only buy what you believe will sell on patch day, so if there's a greater cosmic essence baron on your server controlling prices, don't expect to sell too many before he cuts you down.

The reason this market will crash is that all players have an innate sense of what items should go for in the game. They recognize unfair pricing and usually react by posting with huge undercuts. It's a foolish business practice but really just human nature. Do your best to prevent undercutting by posting with lower bids but not lower buyouts should someone undercut you by say a gold or two.

Personally I will be posting 25 greater cosmic essences the day of the patch and will then replace them as soon as they are purchased. Same goes for abyss crystals. I am hoping for a 150-200% gold return on investment based on my server and the demand I foresee on patch day.

On a side note, the day after I purchased all these items and created a hole in the market (almost 0 supply but demand stayed the same) I managed to resell 25% of my purchased items for around 250% profit. Not bad and it's not even patch day yet

What happened was something I like to call the selling blues, but I will discuss this in a later post!

Good Luck!

If you're sheepish about purchasing items via buyout in bulk then try this post:
    Just My Two Copper: How to Time Your Bids - A World of Warcraft Economic Blog

[YT]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o_jg19zT9ac&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o_jg19zT9ac&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YT]
    Last edited by MooChan; 03-19-2009 at 06:06 PM.

Patch 3.1 Gold Making Heads Up
    [Revelation]'s Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The video or w/e you posted wont work

Efidol's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your proof to this via gear is what?

MooChan's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Foruncande View Post
    The video or w/e you posted wont work
    Fixed.

MooChan's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by DeaDSilenT View Post
    Your proof to this via gear is what?
    What do you mean VIA Gear?

eekje877's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it is something every farmer or goldobsessed player should know. But thanks for sharing
    Hi MTV, and welcome to my crib!

sauagebeard's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloodybloodx, OK yeah i see your point but don't understand if this will be success first off hand we have to think and look back on previous patches and discover and found out if their was a like or as patch just the same as this one comming then we will fully understand that is going to be 100% profit making. Its all up to specalization and understandings of the world of warcraft economy.

No mean to undermine your infomative post for some people that did not know this but that is what happened on Farming in Storm Peaks topic (wowinsider) a fan based website for the game world of warcraft.

Its probable that you can say more people read wowinsider than JUSTMYTWOCOPPER.BLOGSPOT.COM, but thats just me. The point i am making is that eternal fires and everything else have gone down in price, everyone knows of the best location for the respawns. Would drive the price of the eternals that are needed, because undercutting meets demand which drops the price down dramactially for one item as such. On my server Eternal Fire sold for 38g and up and now is a low as 20g. This is either a good thing and a bad thing for many wow players but hopefully the market should stablise before the patch hits.

stormcrowsix's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About this post...
    I encourage people to work the AH, as long as they play smart and can handle the thought that one day the can lose a lot of money by doing this... Nevertheless I have a few remarks about this post/video
    Not saying I am the best AH player, I can say however that I have quite some experience, and my main income is gems and enchantingmats.

1. Lots of active enchanters have a lot of mats stacked up. These people will post a lot of their stuff at AH when the patch hits, so their stuff will flood the AH and thus lowering prices again.

2. New patch = new instance =/= new gear.
    I Have no experience on a PTR or something, so I actually have no clue how easy/hard this instance is.
    I would just like to remind you that when a new patch comes with PvP gear, people have honor stacked up and can buy some pieces (3-4) immediately.
    This patch, people will get gear, but much slower since they actually need to kill bosses and progress for it.
    Sure, there will be a lot of new gear needed to be gemmed/enchanted, but not like PvPgear patch, keep that in mind. In fact, I think that the 2nd or 3th week of Ulduar will inflate the enchantmats prices more then the first week since more people will be raiding it.

3. Stay away from those abyssal crystals. People buy the greater cosmic and infinite dusts faster then the big expensive enchants. Those will be sold when people start farming Ulduar and when they down endbosses (people tend to wait for the "best" pieces to get the best enchants)

4. Someone that buys / sells for "thousands of gold" like the videomaker should know about easybuyout... If you don't, you aren't really buying/selling tons imo.

emwu1988's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    got my bank loaded with abyss/infinite dust already

Quexx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R