0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Argent Tournament Walkthrough

This guide is stops at a quest that is currently bugged and does not give credit as of 2/28/09

(Some copy paste from Murloc Queen)

Getting to the Argent Tournament Grounds

To get to the Argent Tournament Grounds, you must fly up into Icecrown, and past Sindragosa’s Fall. There, you will find a Coliseum not yet built.

There is a flightmaster! So look for him near the goblin dailies!

The Goblin Dailies

These dailies are not required to be completed first before you sign up for the Argent Tournament, but they are the first things you see, so may as well pick them up and keep them until you start your Daily Quest run in Part II.

First, I did the two dailies for these fine goblins here. The first one requires that you collect stones in the Storm Peaks. You will find the stones near the Terrace of The Makers; you literally cant miss them. stormpeakstone There will be a few that are near elites. I suggest not messing with them unless you have a frequent stun ability. Use the bomb on these blocks, and they will split into 2-4 pieces of stone, which will make this quest go by quicker than it seems.

The next quest requires you to head to The Great Tree in Crystalsong Forest, where you must “cut that wood”! cutthatwood You use the axe on these fine looking trees and watch as they cut and fall down. A little hint here: You can hit the axe 2x per tree to save time cutting.

After both of those are done, you head on over to the goblins and turn them in.

Entering the Tournament

Next, head to the west side of the camp and look for a big tent. It used to be invisible, but no longer!

The first quest giver is Justicar Mariel Trueheart, who will give you a quest to go to your respective tent (Horde or Alliance), and sign up for the tournament. The second quest giver will become active at a later date, who currently (as of 2/27/09) gives a broken questline.

When you get to your tent, you will see the registrar and two quest givers. Talk to the registrar, and you will be officially signed up.

The Faction Dailies

3npcs When you enter your tent, you will come across three NPC’s standing in the middle of it. One is the Registrar, and the other two are daily quest givers. Currently, as far as I can tell, you are given three daily quests.

Learning the Reigns

Learning the Reigns is an interesting daily, as its sole purpose is to teach you how to do mounted combat, such as Aces High taught you Malygos phase 3. After picking it up from the quest giver, head over to the stables near the flight master, and pick up your furred (or feathered if you are horde) steed.

The Charge Target!

Your first target is likely to be the Tournament Charge Target. This target can only be defeated by using the mounted combat ability: charge. Currently to get credit, you must CHARGE, then ATTACK right after. So CHARGE then hit 1 really fast.

The Block Target!

Your second target is likely to be the Tournament Blocking Target. You have to attack it, and then use the mounted combat ability: block to deflect the deadly blow.

The Attack Target!

Your third target is finally going to be the Tournament Attack Target. You have to use the Mounted Combat Ability: Ranged Attack to defeat it. Don’t use melee attacks, otherwise it will hurt your steed very badly.

After that, turn in your quest, and you are done!

Training in the Field

Training in the field is a simple daily. Just go out into Icecrown and kill 10 Scourge. Yep, that is it, plain as day.

A Blade Fit for A Champion

This is a rather odd and peculiar daily, reminiscent of Mojo the Frog. You need to head out to Grizzly Hills, to the Ashwood lake, and kiss a frog.

So fly to Grizzly Hills, and when you get there, please check your bags for your “Warts-B-Gone-Lip-Balm” warts and drink it. Don’t make the same mistake I did and skip it, thinking you didn’t need it. If you kiss a frog without it, you get a warts debuff that lasts an hour. Which means an hour waiting to do the daily quest. Also, it doesn’t fade on logout. So please don’t forget!

So, you are at the lake, and you have to kiss every frog you see. You also have to reapply the lip-balm every single time. Note: You can get the item from someone else’s maiden if they proc her before you do

The Edge of Winter
    (Random daily between this and other similar quest)

This quest first appeared on the Server 2/26/09 after PTR patch 9626. It requires you to kill a fire revenant in Crystalsong Forest by the name of Lord Everblaze, then go to Howling Fjord to free a maiden encased in ice.

Head to Crystalsong Forest, to where the star is on the image to the left, and you will find a terrace with little fire elementals around it. Wait around for Lord Everblaze to spawn, kill him, then loot his Everburning Ember.

Fly down to Howling Fjord. In the middle of lake Winter’s Breath Lake, you will find a maiden, frozen in ice. themaidenofice Use the Everburning Ember on the maiden, and she will gift you with the Winter’s Edge.

The Black Knight of Westfall
    (ALLIANCE ONLY)(Horde version below)

Remember that other NPC in Part I that I told you to pretty much ignore? Well, go back to her. She drops off your first quest in the series.

Fly / Ride to Westfall and head to Moonbrook. Your objective is to find the Dusty Journal. You can find it inside the Two Story building in the west side of town. The book will be on the floor. Hearth / Fly back to Icecrown to turn it in.

The Black Knight of Silverpine

(HORDE ONLY)(Alliance version above)

For this you will go to Silverpine outside of Undercity. The farm you are looking for is on the west end of the large lake.

Inside the building you will find the journal.

The Seer’s Crystal(BOTH FACTION)

The next quest you pick up requires you to get a Seer Crystal from a dead Night Elf Seer in Crystalsong. So, once again, mount up and fly to the Forlorn woods, just east of Dalaran. Once you get there, you find out that the seers are not Night Elves, but their demonically mutated cousins, the Satyr. Kill the Satyr’s until you get the crystal, then fly on back.

The Stories Dead Men(BOTH FACTION)

Now you get to the current;y bugged quest. Head east a bit from the Argent Tournament grounds and you will find a graveyard with sparkling headstones. Alas, you cannot as of 2/26/09 complete this quest. You do not get credit for it.

The Aspirant’s Challenge

After getting 15 Aspirant’s Seals, you get access to “The Aspirant’s Challenge”. Head over to the stables where you usually go to mount the horse for “Learning the Reigns” and pick up a spear. Then mount the horse, and head over to the Aspirant’s Ring and talk to Squire David. He’s a tiny human, can’t miss him. Horde will talk to the little orc.

Your squire will call out an opponent for you to fight. This is likely your first time doing real mounted combat against something, versus an npc. It is quite easy though. Just block, charge, and kite. After a few seconds, he is defeated, and you turn in the quest to become a Valiant of the <Insert your home city here>.

The Valiant’s Charge

Upon becoming a valiant of your home city, you cease do to daily quests with your Registrar and instead start doing them with your Home city. Also, some new quests start opening up.

The Grand Melee

This is a new daily quest offered after you become a Valiant. Instead of a horse (unless you are human), you mount up on your racial mount (in my case, an elekk). Head to the Valiant ring, which is right next to your respective tent, and challenge three combatants to combat. Once again, they are easily defeated. Once done, turn it in. You will gain two valiant seals.

A Worthy Weapon

This is given by your home city representative, which in my case was a brute called colosus. Go to the damn that borders Icecrown and Crystalsong, and collect 4 Winter Hyacinth.

After collecting the four, fly to northern Dragonblight, near the Grizzy Hills / Zul’Drak border, to Drak’Mar Lake. Upon Arrival, you will see a circle of stones in the middle of the lake. This is where you will offer the flowers. Upon offering, the maiden comes, and you get your blade.

Last edited by xerotsuda; 02-28-2009 at 02:22 PM.
    Wasting your time costs you $15, wasting 24 other peoples time costs $360. Raid right or dont raid at all.

xerotsuda's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will fix formatting later.
    Wasting your time costs you $15, wasting 24 other peoples time costs $360. Raid right or dont raid at all.

BaboonX's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was this written by you? I'm to tired to read all this information ATM.. But I see you put a lot of time and effort in writing this.

Jon Lajoie's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dang, love the pics, nice guide , great effort +rep from meh

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, i copied most of it from the source at the top. I wrote in the little notes that were wrong and the horde only parts.

lallarn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    najs xD sound like there will be some kind if nice reward for the q or something.

Leander's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may be missing something but is this only on the PTR so far ?

alj03's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for share.
    Death to all but Metal.

DSJ's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Leander View Post
    I may be missing something but is this only on the PTR so far ?
    Yep.

(Fillz)

Gbyrd's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great guide!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As of today, it is stilll bugged.

JQO's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The blade quest was different for me.
    I got A Worthy Blade (picking winter hyacinths and give to the maiden) (can't find the hyacinths though)

J

Found them (Crystalsong/Icercrown border, Decrepit Flow)
    Last edited by JQO; 02-27-2009 at 08:31 PM.

Romis's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    8/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell me, why would you want to do this questline?

lollert's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New form of quel'danas. Gives you daylies. Which gives you gold, some tokens that are tradeable, and probably some sort of rep with the AD or something like it. The list of the buyable items are at mmo champion

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Romis View Post
    Tell me, why would you want to do this questline?
    If you are geared to the teeth like most players, this items dont concern you, you can get new mounts and pets though.

They plan to add decent stuff later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast