0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide]High Priest Thekal with a Prot Paladin

There's a couple of guides out there, both on this site with other classes, and else where while using a paladin. The later always seemed convoluted, or based on luck. Specially if you're not a Bloodelf, and even more so if you're not specced IMP HoJ. I stumbled on a pretty simple way of doing it that I used both last night, and today (separate resets). I'm prot, my gear isn't great, some 10man naxx and the rest is t6/70 epics. I am specced imp HoJ and it does help, but its not required.

Basically pull the boss like normal, position Lor'Khan (the female troll healer) so that she is to the right of this pillar.

Hammer of Justice her right into place, and quickly position the rest of the mobs (don't worry about the tigers) on the other side of the pillar, and position yourself where she doesn't move to attack you. It might take a couple hoj's to get this right, just remember the other mobs will follow your back.
    Here's another screenshot to help visualize:

Once you get them into this position, its pretty simple. Just keep seal of light and judgment of light up, and DPS down Zath and Thekal to about 4k hp each, or there abouts. Once there start working on Lor'Khan, try to interrupt her first heal probably around 40k hp, and when you get her to about 20k with HoJ about up, if you're comfortable about not getting killed without seal of light, start using seal of justice for extra chance to interrupt heals. bubble to prevent silence and burn them all down.
    The reason this works is because she is in constant LoS of the other mobs (minus a tiger maybe, let her heal the tigers).

Hope that wasn't too complicated, it really is simple, and once you get the idea down it doesn't take long at all. I did it in around 14mins in shitty gear.
    I'm positive other class' could use the same technique, though I haven't come across a class that had so much trouble with interrupts as prot pallies do.

Enjoy,

[Guide]High Priest Thekal with a Prot Paladin
    tyminatorx2's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy trashed UI