0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Higher Learning - All Books Location

Just noticed that nobody ever posted this before. So I think I'll post here in case somebody is going to do this achievement for Kirin Tor Familiar

The Schools of Arcane Magic - Abjuration
    It's spawned in Dalaran Visitor Center, in the room where you find the tabard vendor npc in Dalaran. It will be on the floor between the two bookshelves at the east side of the room.
    Coordinate is 52,55

The Schools of Arcane Magic - Conjuration
    It's spawned in Violet Citadel. After you entered Violet Citadel, turn right, face northeast and you'll see 2 bookshelves there. The book will spawned on the bottom level of the shelf on the left side. Unlike other book that's spawned on the empty bookshelf, this one will spawn on the shelf that's already has books on it.
    Coordinate is 31,46

The Schools of Arcane Magic - Divination
    It's spawned in Violet Citadel too, on the 2nd floor between 2 bookshelves on the left side of the portal to Caverns of Time.
    Coordinate is 26,51

The Schools of Arcane Magic - Enchantment
    It's spawned in Threads of Fate, on the box located in 2nd floor balcony.
    Coordinate is 43,47

The Schools of Arcane Magic - Illusion
    It's spawned in the Violet Hold area, outside the instance, not the inside. It'll be on the box near the daily dungeon quest giver ( not the heroic dungeon quest giver ).
    Coordinate is 64,53

The Schools of Arcane Magic - Introduction
    It's spawned in Violet Gate, the room that you'll be started in Dalaran for the first time if you come to Dalaran by the quest. It will be on the floor near the bookshelf located at the north side of the room.
    Coordinate is 56,45

The Schools of Arcane Magic - Necromancy
    It's spawned in Ledgermain Lodge, on 2nd floor. After you get to the 2nd floor, the book will on the empty bookshelf in the room in front of you.
    Coordinate is 47,39

The Schools of Arcane Magic - Transmutation
    It's spanwed in Ledgermain Lodge too, it will be on the empty bookshelves that's closest to the stove (westmost one).
    Coordinate is 47,40

Each book has about 3 hours spawn timer ( unconfirmed ) and share the spawn with other books that doesn't related to the achievement.
    The book despawn after you read it for a while ( info said it's 3 minutes but from my own experience I feel it's a bit faster than 3 minutes sometimes. The one I found in Violet Gate despawned like 30 seconds after I read it, maybe someone read it before me but there's no way I could know that )

Once you done reading all these books, you'll receive a mail from Rhonin that contains [The Schools of Arcane Magic - Mastery] which can be used anywhere in Dalaran. Use it to get to Archmage Vargoth's Retreat, and then talk to Archmage Vargoth in there, he'll gives you Kirin Tor Familiar.
    To get out of his room, don't waste your hearthstone cooldown, use the School of Arcane Magic - Mastery again and you'll be sent back to Dalaran.
    Last edited by Pyromancer; 02-10-2009 at 01:30 PM.

Higher Learning - All Books Location
  2. Thanks Spleenventor (1 members gave Thanks to Pyromancer for this useful post)
    Syncness's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    2/65
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every book is apparently on a 3 hour spawn timer from it's last. Fake books can spawn in its place.

The books have a 3 minute despawn timer, so if you find one, share it in /trade!

More cosmetic upgrades please.

But here's your cookiez anyway.
    Double check you're trading with me in case of impostors

4. Thanks Spleenventor (1 members gave Thanks to Syncness for this useful post)
    Pyromancer's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by [sync] View Post

More cosmetic upgrades please.

Can't think of any other way other than coloring it

dbalauca's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually it has been posted before. This is a report. I don't have the time to look for the link now, cause i'm at work. But i'm absolutely sure it's a repost. Nice written tho.

axel310's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes its true dbaluca i saw a post about this on mmowned but still Rep

Khassie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by [sync] View Post
    Every book is apparently on a 3 hour spawn timer from it's last. Fake books can spawn in its place.
    There's also a one-hour spawn window, so books can spawn anytime between 3-4 hours after the last one was read.

Ylts's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ylts View Post
    I searched and found these, I also found this http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-gu...-learning.html

But have you read the search result you provided? I don't think the guide that doesn't tell information about every book is quite a guide though.

Ylts's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Pyromancer View Post
    I searched and found these, I also found this http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-gu...-learning.html

But have you read the search result you provided? I don't think the guide that doesn't tell information about every book is quite a guide though.
    1 picture is worth more then 1000 words!

and its repost, please dont deny it :s you post is about coords and location description, so is others

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ylts View Post
    1 picture is worth more then 1000 words!

and its repost, please dont deny it :s you post is about coords and location description, so is others
    Too bad that in those 1000 words only contains one "second floor" instead of three

There are a post that gives the location? Yes. But that post gives the location only include 7 books, not 8. Missing one book.

There are a post that gives the coordination of all books? Yes. But it just give coordinate. If you EVER DID THIS achievement you'll know that there are 3 books that are LOCATED ON THE SECOND FLOOR so if you just follow the coordinate you'll find NOTHING there.

So basically, if you take those guide, you will NOT GET ALL THE BOOKS while my guide provide the COMPLETE LIST. Now I wonder why some people calling this a repost. The guide that works and the guide that doesn't work is totally different thing, if there's some people who can't tell the difference between them then I'm out of word to say anymore.
    Last edited by Pyromancer; 02-10-2009 at 01:19 PM.

brett0560's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Pyromancer View Post
    Too bad that in those 1000 words only contains one "second floor" instead of three

There are a post that gives the location? Yes. But that post gives the location only include 7 books, not 8. Missing one book.

There are a post that gives the coordination of all books? Yes. But it just give coordinate. If you EVER DID THIS achievement you'll know that there are 3 books that are LOCATED ON THE SECOND FLOOR so if you just follow the coordinate you'll find NOTHING there.

So basically, if you take those guide, you will NOT GET ALL THE BOOKS while my guide provide the COMPLETE LIST. Now I wonder why some people calling this a repost. The guide that works and the guide that doesn't work is totally different thing, if there's some people who can't tell the difference between them then I'm out of word to say anymore.
    Lol, it is a repost man deal with it, nobody is saying your guide isnt better, it maybe, but that doesnt make it not a repost.
    "Welcome to Staples, Mr. Sunstrider."

"OFFICE DEPOT WAS ONLY A SETBACK!"

KrazyRobot's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by brett0560 View Post
    Lol, it is a repost man deal with it, nobody is saying your guide isnt better, it maybe, but that doesnt make it not a repost.
    Yeah, it's a repost.

Bastastic
    Even though it's a re-post, guide is still very helpful. +Rep

If you don't have a comment on the guide, GTFO. We know it's a re-post!

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know? I hate repost. And many people still think this is a repost so I'm deleting this thread.

edit - can't delete by editing, weird. Reporting instead.
    Last edited by Pyromancer; 02-10-2009 at 07:39 PM.

wac's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like this thread WAAAAY better than the lameass picture. Thanks pyromancer. Have a cookie